You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H), Saturday 4th March. 5:30pm KO. BT Sports

Preston Red

Guest Pistonbroke

Win against the shit teams and you'd have to fancy our chances of a top 4 finish now.

Against the Top 7. 
Mancs still have: Everton(H), Soton(A), Chelsea(H), City(A), Arse(A), Spurs(A) * EL/FA cup

Spurs still have: Everton (H), Soton (H), Arse (H), Man United (H) + FA Cup
Arsenal still have : City(H), Spurs(A), Man Unitetd(H), Everton(H) * FA CUP and one more CL game

City still have: Liverpool (H), Arse (A), Chelsea (A), Soton (A) + CL and FA cup
We have: City(A), Everton(H), Soton(A)

Mane is world class, there's not a single flaw in his game. Ridiculously good player and made of the right stuff too, ice running through those veins. One of those where everybody was superb, Coutinho and Firmino, Lallana and Wijnaldum imperious, Joel and Klavan ace, Can, Clyne and Milner all excellent. Migs save on Giroud was stunning and was assure and calming presence in 2nd half.

Next week against Burnley id play a 4-2-3-1, play Wij and Lallana in the 2 and front 3 in the 3 and Origi up front, lets fucking be relentless against these cunts.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Don't need the rest mate, you've made your point. 

To be fair we have proven we can do it, just been on a shit run since Xmas in that department. Beat Burley next Sunday and get that winning mentality back against the bums of the league. We ain't 3rd because we are shit, plus this season a lot of the so called bigger teams have dropped points against teams they should be beating. 

Do these cunts watch the game

Liverpool

Mignolet 7: Pushed a Giroud header onto the bar, good saves and is regaining confidence.

Clyne 6: Stuck to his defensive task to good effect. Rarely allowed to get forward.

Matip 7: Had a decent game, should have scored but wasted close range header.

Klavan 6: Came in for Lucas and did well. Helped keep Liverpool fairly solid.

Milner 7: Good response after his poor game at Leicester, excellent going forward.

Can 6: Booked. Good, steady midfield performance as he kept his shape and discipline.

Wijnaldum 7: Good work rate, got the ball moving and put in an excellent shift in midfield.

Lallana 7: Had a really good game, busy, effective and always making things happen.

Mane 9: MotM. Brilliant finish for Liverpool’s second goal. His pace and power so important.

Coutinho 8: Deserved a goal, so quick with his feet and movement. Another terrific display.

Firmino 8: Got behind Arsenal’s defence with his pace and movement. Had an excellent game.

Lallana 7

Fuck me somebody pays these cunts

When we play well we win and score lots of goals. When we're not at it we look toothless. We really need a striker to replace Firmino in the games against small teams.

Lallana was excellent today but he also leaves the midfield wide open which is why it's crucial to get Henderson back. Matip looked much more comfortable without having to cover for Lucas. Clyne was good today bit irritated me with that shot.

But the big difference today was the magnificence of Sadio Mané. Quick, aggressive, able to go past players, win headers, use either foot, hold play up and win fouls. If he added a bit of Suarez like snide diving and playing centrally on the half turn he'd be the perfect package.

Win against the shit teams and you'd have to fancy our chances of a top 4 finish now.

Against the Top 7. 

Mancs still have: Everton(H), Soton(A), Chelsea(H), City(A), Arse(A), Spurs(A) * EL/FA cup

Arsenal still have : City(H), Spurs(A), Man Unitetd(H), Everton(H) * FA CUP and one more CL game

City still have: Liverpool (H), Arse (A), Chelsea (A), Soton (A) + CL and FA cup

We have managed to lose against the shit teams all season - why would we start winning now

Guest Pistonbroke

We have managed to lose against the shit teams all season - why would we start winning now

We haven't, we have had a bad run since the end of December against them but were winning games before that. Just take a few wins on the bounce now to get a winning mentality back. 

Mane is just incredible. So much flair and inventiveness in his game and no defender can match up to him physically. Him and Firmino up top make us unbeatable in these types of games.

Arsenal were complete crap. They looked confused and stuck between two tactics. 

Against the Top 7. 

I can't bring myself to trust us, G.

Beat Burnley by 3 or 4 and I'd be for turning perhaps. 

Mane is just incredible. So much flair and inventiveness in his game and no defender can match up to him physically. Him and Firmino up top make us unbeatable in these types of games.

Arsenal were complete crap. They looked confused and stuck between two tactics.

We were good, but I have to say Wenger has lost it. Benching your best player against a rival. What in the actual fuck.

I can't bring myself to trust us, G.

Beat Burnley by 3 or 4 and I'd be for turning perhaps. 

Yep, still work to do to convince me.  A good performance tonight (especially first half) but need to follow it up and get a bit of momentum.  We're still effectively joint 5th if the others win their games in hand (and a good bit behind Spurs and City).  

We were good, but I have to say Wenger has lost it. Benching your best player against a rival. What in the actual fuck.

He overthought it. Went for a more direct approach with Giroud up front and pace around him because we've struggled against that type of setup. Still a ridiculous decision. 

I didnt realise everyone had games in hand till i looked at the table

Taking a bit of the shine off it for me

Rather than a great win it was a must win

Still in a good position. Rther have the points on the board and all that

I didnt realise everyone had games in hand till i looked at the table

Taking a bit of the shine off it for me

Rather than a great win it was a must win

Still in a good position. Rther have the points on the board and all that

Yeah, that's true.  Like who would have seen United dropping points today, so points in the bag always better obviously.  City play twice this week, Sunderland and Stoke, we could be 6 behind them before we play Burnley. 

Well that was a weird experience. Everyone in the ground while delighted was probably thinking "Why the fuck couldnt you all have played like that on Monday night?"

We looked everything we were not on Monday but most of all, as predicted, we looked up for it. Other than that, the game seemed to pass by in a blur.

2 very well worked first half goals saw us comfortably in the lead at half time. In fact, we were probably a tad unfortunate not to be at least 3 due to an excellent save by cech to turn one effort round the post.

arsenal were pretty much clueless in the first half and I was more than surprised to see Giroud start with sanchez on the bench. All that changed from the start of the 2nd half though. Sanchez came on for the restart and I have to they, they looked a lot better.

In fact, they took the game to us and we started rocking. As early as the 48th minute, mignolet had to go one better than cech with an even better save to turn the ball onto what looked like the angle of post and bar, even clipping it.

It was a danger sign of what was to come. We just dont seem to have anyone or the nounce to stiffle the oppos when they swarm over us. arsenal were clearly in the ascendency but we had no one to say hold on, let's keep hold of the ball for a few minutes and let them do the chasing. Instead we just wanted to try and score again. That's to be lauded but Im pretty certain most top teams will look to draw the sting out of oppos threatening to take charge of the game.

It wasnt long before arsenal got the breakthrough they were looking for around the 58th minute. It looked like it was going to be a long 30 minutes to hold out.

Everyone was good and bad. I thought Can was having a good game and the arsenal players tried to get him sent off when he and another red clattered one of their players. If it had been just Can v the arsenal player, I think the ref would have fallen for it but seeing as two red shirts appeared to go into the tackle, he'd be hard pushed to have penalised Can.

Bobby was good but also bad in part. Clyne was more bad than good I think (for a change). One well worked move saw him in a great position near the edge of the Kop goal but instead of finding a teammate, decided to have a dig himself. I think the ball is still bouncing down Walton Breck Road!

Mane was exceptional and if he put spurs to the sword in the last game, virtually did the same to their north london rivals.

The last 5 minutes seemed a bit fraught until Gini got on the end of a breakaway to pop in number 3 and seal the point (he also had a header that hit the post early in the 2nd half i think?)

As I said, coming out of Anfield the overriding question in my mind was "why didnt you play like this on Monday?"

Oh well, up to 3rd until citeh play.

• Upvote 1