You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H), Saturday 4th March. 5:30pm KO. BT Sports

Preston Red

Saudi royal family to visit Anfield tomorrow

Yes, you read that right.

Members of the family will take in the Liverpool v Arsenal match as they prepare for to announce an “investment agreement”.

Source?

I'd be fucking sick to see those brutal cunts anywhere near our club.

• Upvote 2

The ECHO understands that members of the Saudi royal family will be guests tomorrow at the Liverpool v Arsenal game, but any investment deal set to be announced does not involve a stake in the football club but a link-up with club kit providers New Balance.

The ECHO understands that members of the Saudi royal family will be guests tomorrow at the Liverpool v Arsenal game, but any investment deal set to be announced does not involve a stake in the football club but a link-up with club kit providers New Balance.

Just been reading more about this and ... well, let's just say I think there's juuuust a bit of smoke here regarding a possible takeover.

New Balance has made no mention of any investment anywhere, which you'd think they would surely do for PR purposes.  And the only real official source that they're coming at all is from the prince's other club he owns in Saudia Arabia.  Even that doesn't say anything about New Balance, just that they're coming to sign "a new investment agreement."

Smells to me like there's a bit more in the works somewhere.  Not necessarily to be announced tomorrow, but there is still the idea of a partial ownership share being sold that FSG have said they'd be open to.  It's a theory, anyway.

• Upvote 1

Hope this doesn't clash with Ant and Dec's Saturday night show.

If it doesn't, just watch it on ITV Player as the match kicks off. Or watch a rerun of the previous episode before watching the new episode.

Just been reading more about this and ... well, let's just say I think there's juuuust a bit of smoke here regarding a possible takeover.

New Balance has made no mention of any investment anywhere, which you'd think they would surely do for PR purposes.  And the only real official source that they're coming at all is from the prince's other club he owns in Saudia Arabia.  Even that doesn't say anything about New Balance, just that they're coming to sign "a new investment agreement."

Smells to me like there's a bit more in the works somewhere.  Not necessarily to be announced tomorrow, but there is still the idea of a partial ownership share being sold that FSG have said they'd be open to.  It's a theory, anyway.

As you say, could well be and doesnt FSG have some input with NB (apart from the obvious sponsorship with LFC)?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I fucking hope not.  That'd be me done, if these evil bastards get hold of our club.

• Upvote 1