You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Upcoming Games

Allan

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

That developer has fucked their own future up then.

I doubt it's one of the developers. I suspect it's one of the testers who was expecting for the final product to be sent out and perhaps there are payments associated with that?

I'm not revealing any spoilers here so don't worry about that, but I went and read them after wondering what the fuss was about. I'm not hugely bothered about what I read but I've never played the first game so I have no investment in any of that. Gameplay/graphics/immersion/setting are usually my first things as well and I rarely get hooked into game stories so reading leaks hasn't really bothered me for that reason either.

The game looks great though, like it'll push the PS4 to its limits and the setting is interesting so it's not put me off wanting to play it.

The leaker must be a massive clown though to ruin things like that for so many fans.

I just finished The Last Of Us after it being on my harddrive for a while as a free PS plus game. Dunno why I waited to play it for so long, it's an absolutely beautiful game and the gameplay lives up to the cinematic brilliance and storytelling.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I just finished The Last Of Us after it being on my harddrive for a while as a free PS plus game. Dunno why I waited to play it for so long, it's an absolutely beautiful game and the gameplay lives up to the cinematic brilliance and storytelling.

It's one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not even sure I have played it on PS4. It was stunning on PS3 when I played it so I can only imagine it's a scorcher on PS4.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It's one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not even sure I have played it on PS4. It was stunning on PS3 when I played it so I can only imagine it's a scorcher on PS4.

Yeah the graphics are brilliant. I'm not a fan of the 'remastered' stuff in general but they got this one right.

55 minutes ago, Pidge said:

New Streets of Rage out today.  Had no idea about this.

It's getting rave reviews but I'd prefer to wait until the price drops from it's £20 price point. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, Grinch said:

Assassins creed Valhalla trailer is up.   Coming holiday 2020.

Cannot fucking wait. 

24 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Was rumoured to be I believe.    The trailer just states holiday 2020.   Which I'm guessing is Xmas time to coincide with the new consoles. 

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Isn't it September it's released?

From what I believe, they mean summer holidays, as in end of June. It would be unusual to accept pre-orders so long before Xmas Holiday dates. Anyway, just pre-ordered the Ultimate edition which was reduced from 119.99€ to 109.99€. After using a Ubisoft Credit code and a further 20% reduction, it only cost 87.99€. 

Can't wait for this, my favourite game with my favourite era of history. I also noticed from the trailer that they have gone back to the protagonist using the hidden blade. As in odyssey you can also choose between a male or female character. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just to add to the above lads. On my U-play screen (PC) it has been added to my games and says 'Coming Soon.' No way would they mean December using 'Soon.' Reckon end of June sounds about right. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, I just spent on Mega Man 11 after a similar wait and it's kicking my arse. Unless a mate gets it and we fancy co-op I'll hold off for now.

Temptation might get the better of me though.

Apparently it's been immediately placed on gamepass so if you have a PC or xbox with gamepass you don't need to buy it.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just to add to the above lads. On my U-play screen (PC) it has been added to my games and says 'Coming Soon.' No way would they mean December using 'Soon.' Reckon end of June sounds about right. 

image.png

Holiday normally means Xmas on xbox releases. They'll take preorders now to get money through the door now. November/December is normally for big releases. Can't see it pre Thanksgiving in the US

Guest Pistonbroke
27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Holiday normally means Xmas on xbox releases. They'll take preorders now to get money through the door now. November/December is normally for big releases. Can't see it pre Thanksgiving in the US

I guess we'll find out more over the next few weeks, Lee. It just seems a bit daft to say 'Coming soon' if they weren't planning on releasing it for a further 8 months. Let's not forget that they took a whole year out without releasing an AC game. Maybe's they just feel that this latest part of the franchise is ready for release in a few Months (especially how things are at the moment) and that they can work on glitches and the various add-ons thereafter. 

I really hope so PB but June seems far too soon for me.    There's a game play trailer coming later in the month which should tell us more.    

I just can't see them bringing it out so soon and then again for the newer consoles. 

Either way I'm gonna have to get my finger out and finish Oddessey.   Pretty much got most of heart of Atlantis to go through still. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, Grinch said:

I really hope so PB but June seems far too soon for me.    There's a game play trailer coming later in the month which should tell us more.    

I just can't see them bringing it out so soon and then again for the newer consoles. 

Either way I'm gonna have to get my finger out and finish Oddessey.   Pretty much got most of heart of Atlantis to go through still. 

If Ubisoft are talking about summer holidays then I believe the US starts them in late May/early June and they last for 10- 11 weeks depending on the State. I've been reading a few articles this morning and a few of them are going for December but are basically basing that on the fact Ubisoft have said it will be their first game for the new Xbox One X and PS5 which are planned for then. However, if US don't release any other games aimed at the new consoles then it will obviously be that anyway. We'll have to wait and see mate. I plumped for early pre-order as I saved 32€ on the purchase and If I have to wait then so be it. I finished Odyssey ages ago, but I just recently started playing Origin on a harder level and will do the same with Odyssey to fill the gap. Might even give Black Flag another run through depending on time. 

It's not like a game publisher to be opaque about something...

It's going to be an Epic store exclusive for a bit, and I'm not buying it on UPlay, so I'll get it on Steam for under a tenner in due course. Well played, Ubisoft.