Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dynamite

Upcoming Games

Recommended Posts

On 12/06/2021 at 00:00, Mudface said:

I'm playing RE2 Remake at the moment- with a walkthrough because I'm a complete fucking pussy.

 

I never realised Resident Evil games were so goofy to be honest, I always got the impression the early ones were the Exorcist of horror games with terrifying gameplay where you're relentlessly chased. Instead, I'm shooting zombies in the kneecaps because they're bullet sponges and don't die when you headshot them, and laughing as I run past them to spend half an hour running fetch quests to get a knife so I can slit some tape. And Mr X is stalking me, unless I go into a safe room where he's somehow not allowed in, or just dodge past him and pull a moonie before he can catch up.

 

Bizarre.


The remake is nothing like the originals tbf.  The only thing they share is characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Grinch said:


The remake is nothing like the originals tbf.  The only thing they share is characters.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a great game and I'm really enjoying it. Comparing the new and old versions, while they've obviously changed a lot, there's actually also a bit that's the same or at least the same idea- some locations, monster types, the basic mechanics, parts of the plot, puzzles to get keys for locked areas etc. They've taken what was good and ditched what doesn't really work these days. So there's no annoying transitions (as you can load a lot more into memory), it's in proper 3D rather than pseudo-3D with a static rendered background, easier inventory management, more puzzle elements, Claire's a lot fitter etc. This is how remakes should be done really.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am far more excited by the impending Slime Rancher 2 than I really ought to be. The first one was such a nice, fun, bright, cheerful, sunny, shiny game, and just the ticket when you need a break from mowing down waves of enemies and sniping heads off shoulders.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish they would make a proper Olympics game  not that Tokyo sega shite but full on loads of events, Olympic gold style game. I dont play online games but as a kid we used to always be round each others houses playing Olympic gold games has one been made since the Internet connected consoles up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2021 at 03:52, Red Phoenix said:

I missed this that was shown during E3, only found it a bit ago after seeing someone mention it in a comment at nexus mods :

 

 

 

I found the first one a bit dull and fairly short too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I really wish they would make a proper Olympics game  not that Tokyo sega shite but full on loads of events, Olympic gold style game. I dont play online games but as a kid we used to always be round each others houses playing Olympic gold games has one been made since the Internet connected consoles up. 

Surprised there hasn't been an International Track and Field game in years too. Used to really enjoy local 2 player on the PS1, hammering the buttons to try beating your mates' javelin record or something. Proper old school fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I found the first one a bit dull and fairly short too.

 

Yeah I found it short as well and some of the areas on the small side but liked playing it. There's two dlc's now that add more to the game too. I bought the base game a while back on pc (first played it on PS4) but not wanting to play it again until I have the dlc's to see what it's like with them added. Am too busy playing other stuff at the moment but will try and get them soon and give it another go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else excited for the GTA Trilogy: Definitive Edition?  I am, but trying to keep it in check in case of disappointment.  

Vice City is still the greatest game I've ever played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be more excited is it was a genuine remaster (including some new content) instead of a re-release with the lighting and animation touched up a bit (think it's being ported into the Unreal engine but won't be a major overhaul visually).

 

Looks like they're charging full price for it as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I'd be more excited is it was a genuine remaster (including some new content) instead of a re-release with the lighting and animation touched up a bit (think it's being ported into the Unreal engine but won't be a major overhaul visually).

 

Looks like they're charging full price for it as well.

 

 

The visuals are all I'm bothered about tbh, happy to play the exact same game it was before, even at full price.  But if the visuals aren't up to scratch then I will be disappointed, will have to see when we get some pictures of the actual gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rockstar are living off the proceeds of the same few games, that appeared several generations back. People are mad for buying the exact same game over and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safest business model in gaming.

 

GTAV Online keeps everyone employed and the lights on, they can chuck out a remaster here and there and develop GTA 6 quietly in the background with little pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2021 at 18:24, Moo said:

The visuals are all I'm bothered about tbh, happy to play the exact same game it was before, even at full price.  But if the visuals aren't up to scratch then I will be disappointed, will have to see when we get some pictures of the actual gameplay.

 

Update comparisons are out.

 

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/gta-trilogy-remaster-vs-gta-3-gta-vice-city-and-gta-san-andreas-see-the-differences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2021 at 18:24, Moo said:

The visuals are all I'm bothered about tbh, happy to play the exact same game it was before, even at full price.  But if the visuals aren't up to scratch then I will be disappointed, will have to see when we get some pictures of the actual gameplay.

 

I'm about the same but with San Andreas instead of Vice City. I doubt some of it has aged well but it was by far one of the best GTA games I've ever played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

 

I'm about the same but with San Andreas instead of Vice City. I doubt some of it has aged well but it was by far one of the best GTA games I've ever played.

I've seen reports that the visuals have been revamped to inherit the look of the GTA5 posters, cartoon style character models.

ysldtty Posters And Prints Canvas Painting Grand Theft Auto V Poster Video  Game Gta 5 Sexy Beach Wall Art Decoration Room Home Decor LF435G Frameless  40cmx60cm- Buy Online in Guernsey at Desertcart - 205809094.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've seen reports that the visuals have been revamped to inherit the look of the GTA5 posters, cartoon style character models.

 

That could work well, they haven't released anything other than the short clip yet but if they did PC players would probably give it a load of shit for being no better than modded PC versions, etc. For playing on console I'm sure it'll still be good though. I'd get the digital on the 11th as well but getting the switch has left me broke for now so will probably go for the physical release next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Elden Ring Gameplay - I know it was a live stream but why they haven't edited out the 13 minute lead in I'll never know.

 

 

Really like the look of this, but I just know it'll kick my arse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Really like the look of this, but I just know it'll kick my arse. 

Looks like it's got stealthy action. Hopefully that means we can avoid all the fucking bosses!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×