You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Upcoming Games

Allan

On 12/06/2021 at 00:00, Mudface said:

I'm playing RE2 Remake at the moment- with a walkthrough because I'm a complete fucking pussy.

I never realised Resident Evil games were so goofy to be honest, I always got the impression the early ones were the Exorcist of horror games with terrifying gameplay where you're relentlessly chased. Instead, I'm shooting zombies in the kneecaps because they're bullet sponges and don't die when you headshot them, and laughing as I run past them to spend half an hour running fetch quests to get a knife so I can slit some tape. And Mr X is stalking me, unless I go into a safe room where he's somehow not allowed in, or just dodge past him and pull a moonie before he can catch up.

Bizarre.

The remake is nothing like the originals tbf.  The only thing they share is characters.

43 minutes ago, Grinch said:

The remake is nothing like the originals tbf.  The only thing they share is characters.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a great game and I'm really enjoying it. Comparing the new and old versions, while they've obviously changed a lot, there's actually also a bit that's the same or at least the same idea- some locations, monster types, the basic mechanics, parts of the plot, puzzles to get keys for locked areas etc. They've taken what was good and ditched what doesn't really work these days. So there's no annoying transitions (as you can load a lot more into memory), it's in proper 3D rather than pseudo-3D with a static rendered background, easier inventory management, more puzzle elements, Claire's a lot fitter etc. This is how remakes should be done really.

I am far more excited by the impending Slime Rancher 2 than I really ought to be. The first one was such a nice, fun, bright, cheerful, sunny, shiny game, and just the ticket when you need a break from mowing down waves of enemies and sniping heads off shoulders.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish they would make a proper Olympics game  not that Tokyo sega shite but full on loads of events, Olympic gold style game. I dont play online games but as a kid we used to always be round each others houses playing Olympic gold games has one been made since the Internet connected consoles up. 

59 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I really wish they would make a proper Olympics game  not that Tokyo sega shite but full on loads of events, Olympic gold style game. I dont play online games but as a kid we used to always be round each others houses playing Olympic gold games has one been made since the Internet connected consoles up. 

Surprised there hasn't been an International Track and Field game in years too. Used to really enjoy local 2 player on the PS1, hammering the buttons to try beating your mates' javelin record or something. Proper old school fun.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I found the first one a bit dull and fairly short too.

Yeah I found it short as well and some of the areas on the small side but liked playing it. There's two dlc's now that add more to the game too. I bought the base game a while back on pc (first played it on PS4) but not wanting to play it again until I have the dlc's to see what it's like with them added. Am too busy playing other stuff at the moment but will try and get them soon and give it another go.

• 2 months later...

I'd be more excited is it was a genuine remaster (including some new content) instead of a re-release with the lighting and animation touched up a bit (think it's being ported into the Unreal engine but won't be a major overhaul visually).

Looks like they're charging full price for it as well.

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I'd be more excited is it was a genuine remaster (including some new content) instead of a re-release with the lighting and animation touched up a bit (think it's being ported into the Unreal engine but won't be a major overhaul visually).

Looks like they're charging full price for it as well.

The visuals are all I'm bothered about tbh, happy to play the exact same game it was before, even at full price.  But if the visuals aren't up to scratch then I will be disappointed, will have to see when we get some pictures of the actual gameplay.

On 15/10/2021 at 18:24, Moo said:

The visuals are all I'm bothered about tbh, happy to play the exact same game it was before, even at full price.  But if the visuals aren't up to scratch then I will be disappointed, will have to see when we get some pictures of the actual gameplay.

Update comparisons are out.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/gta-trilogy-remaster-vs-gta-3-gta-vice-city-and-gta-san-andreas-see-the-differences

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2021 at 18:24, Moo said:

I'm about the same but with San Andreas instead of Vice City. I doubt some of it has aged well but it was by far one of the best GTA games I've ever played.

37 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm about the same but with San Andreas instead of Vice City. I doubt some of it has aged well but it was by far one of the best GTA games I've ever played.

I've seen reports that the visuals have been revamped to inherit the look of the GTA5 posters, cartoon style character models.

ysldtty Posters And Prints Canvas Painting Grand Theft Auto V Poster Video  Game Gta 5 Sexy Beach Wall Art Decoration Room Home Decor LF435G Frameless  40cmx60cm- Buy Online in Guernsey at Desertcart - 205809094.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've seen reports that the visuals have been revamped to inherit the look of the GTA5 posters, cartoon style character models.

That could work well, they haven't released anything other than the short clip yet but if they did PC players would probably give it a load of shit for being no better than modded PC versions, etc. For playing on console I'm sure it'll still be good though. I'd get the digital on the 11th as well but getting the switch has left me broke for now so will probably go for the physical release next month.