You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Upcoming Games

Allan

I can never understand pre-purchasing, especially with digital games. Elden Ring isn't out for over three months, and it's spent all week in the top ten on Steam- why? There's no possibility of it selling out and reviews won't come out until a week or so beforehand (if even then) so there's no way of knowing if it's actually any good or a bug-filled mess. And yet thousands of people are chucking £50 at it- bizarre.

58 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I had a go of San Andreas for about 10 minutes. It's not aged well. Spent most of that time swearing at the fucking bike. Everyone seems to be strangely shaped. 

Switch seems to be running at about 15fps for some, PS5 is running like shit as well allegedly.

18 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Switch seems to be running at about 15fps for some, PS5 is running like shit as well allegedly.

I'm going to wait until the physical copy of GTA so hopefully they will iron out a few issues before then.  I've long since resigned myself to it not having the graphics and style of modern games, so as long as it is bright, has clean edges, and I can play it without my eyes watering I'll be happy.

4 hours ago, Moo said:

I'm going to wait until the physical copy of GTA so hopefully they will iron out a few issues before then.  I've long since resigned myself to it not having the graphics and style of modern games, so as long as it is bright, has clean edges, and I can play it without my eyes watering I'll be happy.

Only one of the three games is physical. Vice City and San Andreas are download codes. 

4 hours ago, Moo said:

One reviewer has also slated it, describing it as a blatant cash grab with no focus on delivering the quality Rock Star used to be famed for. They started out hating the industry model of companies dictating and releasing sub standard cash grabs and have ended up becoming the victim of their own success. 

23 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Only one of the three games is physical. Vice City and San Andreas are download codes. 

Has that changed?  The physical copy of the whole trilogy is available for pre-order at full price.

17 minutes ago, Moo said:

Has that changed?  The physical copy of the whole trilogy is available for pre-order at full price.

The box says Internet Download Required. It's definitely one game on the cart with two downloads. Being physical though means you can get it cheaper than on the estore. 

£39.85 at shopto.net rather than £49.99 on estore... https://www.shopto.net/en/swgt00-grand-theft-auto-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-p1155917/

Not a huge surprise that Rockstar have gone for the half-arsed cash grab option. There's been a really bad reaction on PC as you can see from this : Classic Mods And Old GTA Games Didn’t Need To Die For These Unfinished Remakes

It's disgusting that they screwed modders over who put years of hard work into the games only for them to be replaced by this.

It's also removed from PC at the moment, Rockstar are currently working on it :

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wouldn't put it past Rockstar to make it partially a download. Kneecaps the second hand market.

They rarely miss an opportunity to wring more cash out of people.

Apparently they're only doing it on Switch. I assume it's mainly due to the cost of the cartridges. One cart for REP £50 or three carts for the same price? Classy.

12 hours ago, redheart said:

Ok as the PS5 is arriving soon and I have convinced Mrs Redheart that this is for our 6 year old (soon to be 7)  son.

I need some recommendations for the young fella?

Any suggestions? Any dinosaur shooting games?

Never played it, but if you must have a shooter with dinosaurs then there's Ark: Survival Evolved.

Might be a bit much for a 6/7 year old as it's apparently quite involved and a bit of a heavy grind, though with the open world aspect, the young lad might like to just explore and shoot things.

It's an older game, originally released in 2017 for previous gen consoles, and as far back as 2015 as an early access game on Steam for PC.

Been plenty of expansions, and it received new gen enhancements this year and has a sequel in the works, so it's a well established game.

There are single-player and multiplayer modes to be played.

£24.99 for the standard version on the PlayStation store, while Argos are selling physical PS4 copies for £21.99.

• 4 weeks later...

£65 for a PC game, or £90 for the 'deluxe' version? Yeah, good luck with that. Square Enix seem to repeatedly make baffling decisions with their PC releases. They should take notes from Capcom who've been fantastic over the last few years.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1680880/Forspoken/

Shit pre-purchase 'rewards'-

Forspoken_PCDigitalPreOrders_12082021_Op

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

£65 for a PC game, or £90 for the 'deluxe' version? Yeah, good luck with that. Square Enix seem to repeatedly make baffling decisions with their PC releases. They should take notes from Capcom who've been fantastic over the last few years.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1680880/Forspoken/

Shit pre-purchase 'rewards'-

Forspoken_PCDigitalPreOrders_12082021_Op

Who wouldn't want a multi colour cloak, a tacky looking necklace and false nails that could be confused for pick and mix? 

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Who wouldn't want a multi colour cloak, a tacky looking necklace and false nails that could be confused for pick and mix? 

Heh, I can sort of vaguely understand people wanting their multiplayer characters to stand out and wear something distinctive, but this is a single player game.

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Heh, I can sort of vaguely understand people wanting their multiplayer characters to stand out and wear something distinctive, but this is a single player game.

It looks like Square Enix still see PC gamers as nerdy geeks who spend money on literally anything. They don't do anything like that on other formats. They haven't quite moved with the times, whereas capcom were at one point on their knees and had to change to be successful again. 

I guess Square don't really need the money, they just see PC releases as extra pocket money.