You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Upcoming Games

Allan

On 05/11/2020 at 02:28, Lee909 said:

Just got star wars fallen order deluxe for £20 on cdkeys. 

Didn't get into it on launch but giving it another go. Got the new Assassins creed aswell. 

Hoping the new consoles will be readily available soon

Fallen Order is brilliant mate, best game i've played in a long, long time

6 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Fallen Order is brilliant mate, best game i've played in a long, long time

I think I saw an offer for Fallen Order, Squadrons and Star Wars Battlefront 2 games all for £35. Insane deal.

Edit: It was on the Microsoft Store. Back up to £89.99. Shows how good a deal it was.

16 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I think I saw an offer for Fallen Order, Squadrons and Star Wars Battlefront 2 games all for £35. Insane deal.

Edit: It was on the Microsoft Store. Back up to £89.99. Shows how good a deal it was.

Fallen Order and Squadrons are both very cheap on Epic right now. 14 euro each here with the free tenner off coupons. 

Fallen Order and Battlefront 2 are both on EA Play so are free on Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox now and PC soon. Squadrons will be on there eventually but not sure if it will be the VR version on PC. 

On 18/12/2020 at 08:42, Total Longo said:

I really wanted Cyberpunk 2077 (for XBox One) but given the horrendous reviews on last gen consoles, and the fact that it will be a good while before i get a next gen console, i am going to give it a miss.    

Even got pulled from the ps store because of those reviews and a refund for all digital copies. One of the worst launches I can ever recall. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Any fans of Left 4 Dead? 

Looks great this, wouldn't mind playing with anyone on here who's planning to gey it. Left 4 Dead was a great laugh

That looks equal part terrifying and exciting. Left 4 dead games were hugely underrated. When you talk of valve, most people instantly think half life or maybe portal. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, skend04 said:

The leaked Elden Ring trailer. Looks like another rage inducing From Software game I'll be trying.

The best thing about Elden Ring has been their subreddit which is frequented by posters that make thedrowningman seem positive in comparison. Now that there has been further 'news' regarding the game they seem lost, it's pretty funny.

• Downvote 1

I'm really not getting any enjoyment out of games, feels like I'm just wasting time and could be getting on with more productive hobbies. 

I have the series X, not sure if I still have the box, and cyberpunk if anyone is interested. Need to pick it up mind and I'm just outside of London. Looking for £500 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm really not getting any enjoyment out of games, feels like I'm just wasting time and could be getting on with more productive hobbies. 

I go through periods of that a little, with GTA I actually get more enjoyment out of creator and with GT Sport I pretty much just do liveries and little else with it.

Been starting to play with Unreal Engine to start making my own games instead, someone I played GTA with a lot who is also more into the creative side as well that I've ended up good friends with outside of gaming and I are looking at making some stuff together. My current project is a new and original creation called Concerned Coalman, which is in no way based on or influenced in the slightest by Manic Miner. 

Also looking to do some more time in 3DS Max and such like from a business perspective for renders/advertising etc. and to also try and create some mods. 

I don't know if it's an age thing, but I find it's more the creative side of the games that I am interested in now rather than just blowing the fuck out of everything.

That said, I have been enjoying Black Ops Cold War and still dip into BF1 occasionally.

Yeah it is a creative issue but for me that leaves me wanting to spend more time doing my miniature wargaming stuff. The planning, painting and converting of miniatures is far better mentally for me than what feels like killing hours playong games. 

5 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

If ever proof was needed that games reviews are to be ignored those scores would certainly appear to provide it!

Games 'journalism' is atrocious and riddled with conflicts of interest. Nowadays it also seems to be largely populated with ghastly social science bellends who couldn't get a job writing elsewhere.

54 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Games 'journalism' is atrocious and riddled with conflicts of interest. Nowadays it also seems to be largely populated with ghastly social science bellends who couldn't get a job writing elsewhere.

One of my favourite reviewers is called ACG on YouTube, he reviews the game provided by the publisher and purchases it to give away to his viewers. He sees it as he's paid for the title so he's going to review it as if he paid for it. 

Problem is most reviewers see it as their responsibility to get clicks rather than put themselves in the position of the buyer. 

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

One of my favourite reviewers is called ACG on YouTube, he reviews the game provided by the publisher and purchases it to give away to his viewers. He sees it as he's paid for the title so he's going to review it as if he paid for it. 

Problem is most reviewers see it as their responsibility to get clicks rather than put themselves in the position of the buyer. 

Yeah, I was thinking more of the glorified bloggers that infest the likes of Polygon, IGN, Future gaming mags etc. It was a shame that GamerGate got hijacked by the alt-right dickheads on 4Chan, as it actually showed the symbiosis between reviewers and game companies/ indie devs. Then there was the massive push to big up EGS and destroy Steam- I'm convinced that was because of a) big bags of cash from Epic, and b) the fact that Steam reviews and forums makes most of the online press redundant.

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, I was thinking more of the glorified bloggers that infest the likes of Polygon, IGN, Future gaming mags etc. It was a shame that GamerGate got hijacked by the alt-right dickheads on 4Chan, as it actually showed the symbiosis between reviewers and game companies/ indie devs. Then there was the massive push to big up EGS and destroy Steam- I'm convinced that was because of a) big bags of cash from Epic, and b) the fact that Steam reviews and forums makes most of the online press redundant.

That ACG actually said that metacritic.com is unreliable due to linked to a lot of the review sites that pay to be included whereas opencritic.com is independent therefore more representative but relies on donations to operate. Since learning that I rarely use metacritic.com. It's handy though for TV and movie releases