You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Upcoming Games

Allan

Am fine with it here because I prefer single player games, and am a fan of cyberpunk and rpg games too. First found out about this 6 years ago (they made a short tech demo type clip that's nothing like what we see now) so glad to see how it's turning out. They also have the person who made the pen and paper rpg that this is based on working with them so it should stand a good chance of not being too linear or action based.

What they've showed so far has been focused a lot on weapons and fighting too, there's another demo they're releasing in August though that might show more of the other parts of the game (like hacking/netrunning and so on).

20 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Still looks great, and now with added Keanu. Shame it's April next year until release but at least the people working on it get to take more time on it instead of being rushed for a late 2019 date or something similar.

6 hours ago, Mudface said:

Shenmue 3 will be a fucking Epic Game Store exclusive on PC. They're also refusing requests for refunds on Kickstarter from backers expecting a Steam key. Dodgy as fuck.

Yeah have just been reading about that, great way to create an absolute shitstorm. Their kickstarter comments page is currently being flooded too, will be interesting to see how they respond after tons of people report them to kickstarter and a lot of them are talking about fraud.

Apparently it might be possible to switch to PS4 according to this for PC users, not that it helps those without a PS4 though. Quote is from a kickstarter comment :

"Fangamer is only handling logistical aspects of Shenmue III, like surveys, shipment of physical rewards, and distribution of digital downloads under contract with Ys Net. Unfortunately, we have no information about the PC version of the game beyond what was announced.

All Kickstarter, Shenmue.link, and slacker backers paid Ys Net directly, even through our system; we never held backer funds and cannot process refunds. You can contact Ys Net through the Kickstarter or by email at info@shenmue.link.

To change your platform, you may login to the survey support page.
--

Fangamer Team"

Sad to see it turn out like that for PC backers anyway.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah have just been reading about that, great way to create an absolute shitstorm. Their kickstarter comments page is currently being flooded too, will be interesting to see how they respond after tons of people report them to kickstarter and a lot of them are talking about fraud.

Apparently it might be possible to switch to PS4 according to this for PC users, not that it helps those without a PS4 though. Quote is from a kickstarter comment :

Sad to see it turn out like that for PC backers anyway.

Epic are being utter cunts at the moment. They had a chance to use their Fortnite billions to produce a shit hot games store and develop their own games. Instead they've released an utter piece of shite- which didn't even have a search facility until recently, still doesn't have a cart (buyers were flagged as potential fraud during a recent sale as they had to buy games one by one instead of several in a single transaction) and has none of the community or tech options that Steam provides. Their installer acted as spyware until they got caught, and they have that dodgy bastard Sergei Galyonkin on board who runs 'Steam Spy' and collected tons of data on Steam users before suddenly appearing at Epic.

Their exclusives policy brings the worst of console money-hatting to PC, and they've had several games pulled from Steam at the last minute to go to their store for an exclusive period. It's all dodgy as fuck.

Agreed with the exclusives thing, that's been doing my head in a bit because I was wanting to play Outer Worlds on PC but not buying anything from that store. I haven't read about all of the things you mentioned, but am familiar with some of it, especially after reading the Fuck Epic reddit.

EA piss me off too, would've liked to have played Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda but am not making an Origin account as I can't stand the company. Especially after Bioware didn't even finish Andromeda properly because EA wanted them to move over to Anthem for their live service gaming attempt bullshit.

I've never even played a Shenmue game either, I just knew that it was a well liked old game and that it'd be cool to see a sequel being successful after so long via kickstarter. Maybe it'll still turn out fine for PS4 players, can't see the PC version going well though unless they reverse what they've done here and let people play via Steam.

They've backed down a bit, and said it will be coming to Steam, probably after 6 or 12 months I guess. Really shitty for the backers though- it's not clear whether they will get a Steam key now, after the exclusivity period ends, or even at all. What a way to treat the people who got your project off the ground. Oh, and the 'physical' PC version is a fucking EGS code in a box... All so that weirdo Tim Sweeney can bump up the numbers on his shitty service and carry on with his 'PC Saviour' pretence.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

They've backed down a bit, and said it will be coming to Steam, probably after 6 or 12 months I guess. Really shitty for the backers though- it's not clear whether they will get a Steam key now, after the exclusivity period ends, or even at all. What a way to treat the people who got your project off the ground. Oh, and the 'physical' PC version is a fucking EGS code in a box... All so that weirdo Tim Sweeney can bump up the numbers on his shitty service and carry on with his 'PC Saviour' pretence.

Had thought at first it was timed anyway, didn't realise they were planning on just leaving it Epic only. Glad that's at least been sorted out, but yeah it's a shitty way of doing things agreed on that. Glad I have a PS4 too so I don't have to do the waiting thing for the games they have as exclusive for PC.

Aye- I've got a massive backlog on both Steam and GOG, so I'm not bothered about having to wait for anything, and I never pre-order anyway, but I can understand other people's frustration at having to wait for games they're really interested or even invested in. A common plan for Shenmue 3 seems to be to switch the pre-order to PS4 physical, sell the game and then pirate it for PC. Epic deserted the PC market a few years back citing piracy, so it's pretty ironic that their actions now are encouraging it after Steam/ Valve did so much to solve the issue.

Am usually the same with preorders, can't ever remember doing it before but might do it for Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk (although it'll be done a lot closer to the release date I think.) Outer Worlds doesn't really bother me but would've done if I didn't have a PS4 with it being from the creators of New Vegas and the type of game I can usually get into. And yeah if the pressure from gamers doesn't change anything with Epic maybe it'll make one or two developers wary about the backlash (and the pirating) at least too.

• 1 month later...