Quantcast
Later, Melwood, lad..... - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nelly-Torres

Later, Melwood, lad.....

James Pearce reporting that we're jibbing off Melwood and moving all the training to the Academy site in Kirkby.

A £50m expansion will take place and it's part of FSG backing "Klopp's vision" for the club.

Surely they make a fair bit selling off or redeveloping Melwood won't they.

Im not arsed it they do it dhould have been on one site

Surely they make a fair bit selling off or redeveloping Melwood won't they.

Im not arsed it they do it dhould have been on one site

They will, and I don't have a clue how much, but my guess is its not in the region of £50m. I don't know if they charge to watch any games held at the academy or if they have/will have any banqueting suites or anything like that there, but in the grand scheme of things, I doubt it will be a revenue generator.

Its just I've heard a lot recently about how they haven't invested anything in the club, how they won't do the ARE cos there won't be any hospitality so the payback period will be too long, how they only care about the short term. So now it looks like the will be investing in the club, that they don't only care about getting a return on that investment as it doesn't generate revenue, and they are looking at how they can improve the club over the long term.

My main concern is if they are doing this instead of redeveloping the ARE, as my personal view is that will benefit us more, although that is gut feel with no evidence to back it up. 

More to the point how much would we need to pay Knowsley council for that bit of land we are looking at...surely wouldn't be much - ovetall 50m for the project sounds a lot to me...I wonder if they'll try and do a naming rights deal for the 'complex' like the mancs have.

More to the point how much would we need to pay Knowsley council for that bit of land we are looking at...surely wouldn't be much - ovetall 50m for the project sounds a lot to me...I wonder if they'll try and do a naming rights deal for the 'complex' like the mancs have.

Lets hope they're more successful with that then the one for the main stand.

Lets hope they're more successful with that then the one for the main stand.

dunkin donuts are just playing hard to get....all about getting an extra stall in the kop like when the mcdonalds was there...once we say yeah it is all go!

How much are the council paying us for melwood then?

We dont want council money and the club should get a higher commercial value from the private sector.

Sad news but not unexpected and we need to consolidate the training base and the academy. Only fly in the oinment is if Kirkby residents object loud enough the club could be forced to look elsewhere.

£50 mill for a patch of dog shit infested land, couple of aircraft hangars, a load of rolls of 4g Astro and a few tins of emulsion to mark the pitch out! Bollocks.

This is the marquee signing for 2019. You heard it here first

£50 mill for a patch of dog shit infested land, couple of aircraft hangars, a load of rolls of 4g Astro and a few tins of emulsion to mark the pitch out! Bollocks.

This is the marquee signing for 2019. You heard it here first

50 mill is to clear it up and build a state of the art training facility and update rundown footpaths and a couple of pitches for the council.

Should get a decent amount for the land at Melwood. Nothing near 50m though. Not sure how many houses a developer could get on that site.

Wonder if they will build a small stadium like Man City did for their reserve/u23 team?

The sale value of Melwood would be determined by the number of houses that could be built taking into account the houses average sale price.

Seeing as Melwood is already landlocked by existing houses, I cant see many £300k houses being built there. Id imagine the club would do well to get, what, £5m for it?

Have a look at the new training grounds that Spurs, Southampton and others are building. And look at City's complex. All way ahead of Melwood.

You can argue it doesn't make that much difference but Melwood is from a different era.

A long overdue move.

• Upvote 1

We dont want council money and the club should get a higher commercial value from the private sector.

Sad news but not unexpected and we need to consolidate the training base and the academy. Only fly in the oinment is if Kirkby residents object loud enough the club could be forced to look elsewhere.

well there won't be any everton fans resident there as they all have purple bins - so i can't see it being a problem.