You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Later, Melwood, lad.....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Surely they make a fair bit selling off or redeveloping Melwood won't they.

Im not arsed it they do it dhould have been on one site

They will, and I don't have a clue how much, but my guess is its not in the region of £50m. I don't know if they charge to watch any games held at the academy or if they have/will have any banqueting suites or anything like that there, but in the grand scheme of things, I doubt it will be a revenue generator.

Its just I've heard a lot recently about how they haven't invested anything in the club, how they won't do the ARE cos there won't be any hospitality so the payback period will be too long, how they only care about the short term. So now it looks like the will be investing in the club, that they don't only care about getting a return on that investment as it doesn't generate revenue, and they are looking at how they can improve the club over the long term.

My main concern is if they are doing this instead of redeveloping the ARE, as my personal view is that will benefit us more, although that is gut feel with no evidence to back it up. 

More to the point how much would we need to pay Knowsley council for that bit of land we are looking at...surely wouldn't be much - ovetall 50m for the project sounds a lot to me...I wonder if they'll try and do a naming rights deal for the 'complex' like the mancs have.

More to the point how much would we need to pay Knowsley council for that bit of land we are looking at...surely wouldn't be much - ovetall 50m for the project sounds a lot to me...I wonder if they'll try and do a naming rights deal for the 'complex' like the mancs have.

Lets hope they're more successful with that then the one for the main stand.

How much are the council paying us for melwood then?

We dont want council money and the club should get a higher commercial value from the private sector.

Sad news but not unexpected and we need to consolidate the training base and the academy. Only fly in the oinment is if Kirkby residents object loud enough the club could be forced to look elsewhere.

£50 mill for a patch of dog shit infested land, couple of aircraft hangars, a load of rolls of 4g Astro and a few tins of emulsion to mark the pitch out! Bollocks.

This is the marquee signing for 2019. You heard it here first

50 mill is to clear it up and build a state of the art training facility and update rundown footpaths and a couple of pitches for the council.

The sale value of Melwood would be determined by the number of houses that could be built taking into account the houses average sale price.

Seeing as Melwood is already landlocked by existing houses, I cant see many £300k houses being built there. Id imagine the club would do well to get, what, £5m for it?

We dont want council money and the club should get a higher commercial value from the private sector.

Sad news but not unexpected and we need to consolidate the training base and the academy. Only fly in the oinment is if Kirkby residents object loud enough the club could be forced to look elsewhere.

well there won't be any everton fans resident there as they all have purple bins - so i can't see it being a problem.