You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - 8pm, 27/02/17 - Huzzah Tarquin, let's go orf for a spot of foxhunting harrumph!

Trumo

I think he has money available to spend but the players he wants are just not available when he was wanting to buy.

I think the idea that Klopp sees himself as some sort of messiah and can turn all pigs ears footballers into silk purses is a fanciful one. But he can only buy in a market if there are clubs willing to sell.

As a fanbase we lurch from wanting the manager to give kids a chance, only spend mega money on mega quality players and spend just about anything to get a couple of players in no matter how shit those players may be.

The transfer windows are an abortion.

Looks like someone had too much celery last night.

Open in Twitter App

Conversation

Voronin would do a better job

@simonlfcgreen at what? what the fuck are you talking about?

@TotalLongo managing us people seem to think brendan was so bad like.

@simonlfcgreen but you said Voronin would be better. Based on what?

in reply to @TotalLongo
@TotalLongo he would fucking carragher would9:59 PM · Feb 27, 2017

@simonlfcgreen do you actually know what or who Voronin is in charge of? The German equivalent of Marine.

@TotalLongo im just saying hed do a better job not that id want him i didnt even want klopp exaustion in germany scared me

@simonlfcgreen lets get this straight. You are saying a man in charge of a 7th tier side would do better than a 2 time Bundesliga winner?

@TotalLongo theyre both shite it couldnt be worse.

@simonlfcgreen We could put you in charge.

@TotalLongo id do a better fucking job

@simonlfcgreen hahahaha, I knew you'd say that.

@TotalLongo like i said it couldnt get any worse

I think he's a good footballer but I'd just like to see us play with a proper striker at times.

Should have signed someone similar to Mane in January, then had those two either side of said proper striker, with Coutinho behind them. 

Teams just double up on Coutinho and Mane because they aren't worried about the rest.

When did you become convinced by Lallana, out of interest? Because he was also expensive and has been garbage for lengthy spells, too.

I think Lallana is equally capable of being having shit games as Firmino and Coutinho.  the big difference - for me alone it would seem - is that when he is having a shit game, he'll still run, press, harry, tackle back, make himself available for the pass, and usually not lose the ball.  When those two have shit games they come across as not interested and lose the ball cheaply.  there was a period of about 2 minutes last night in the first half where three times in succession Coutinho just ran into cul-de-sacs and gave the ball away for nothing.  It was bouncing off Firmino like a superball, and he just couldn't be arsed. 

sometimes. Mine is that he has been given money but chose not to spend it. More of a hypothesis than an opinion, really.

So the question why he has chosen not to spend it becomes pertinent then.

Surely he can't be happy and think it is right that he regularly has to or chooses to play two midfielders in defence, that he still has Sturridge eating up a massive chunk of the wage budget for fuck all....that our back up players and bench are barely lower championship level quality and we have such a lack of depth and such inbalance in the squad.

Our bench last night was as bad as i can ever recall in terms of options and i include when there was only 1 player allowed on it in that statement!

We are talking about a manager of massive reputation here, yet here we are with these huge, glaring problems and next to fuck all has been done to address them...I'd argue that our squad right now is weaker than when Klopp inherited it.

So the question why he has chosen not to spend it becomes pertinent then.

Surely he can't be happy and think it is right that he regularly has to or chooses to play two midfielders in defence, that he still has Sturridge eating up a massive chunk of the wage budget for fuck all....that our back up players and bench are barely lower championship level quality and we have such a lack of depth and such inbalance in the squad.

Our bench last night was as bad as i can ever recall in terms of options and i include when there was only 1 player allowed on it in that statement!

We are talking about a manager of massive reputation here, yet here we are with these huge, glaring problems and next to fuck all has been done to address them...I'd argue that our squad right now is weaker than when Klopp inherited it.

i think its a combination of Klopp imagining he can improve some of these players and him not being able to convince top players to come here.

I think he has money available to spend but the players he wants are just not available when he was wanting to buy.

I think the idea that Klopp sees himself as some sort of messiah and can turn all pigs ears footballers into silk purses is a fanciful one. But he can only buy in a market if there are clubs willing to sell.

As a fanbase we lurch from wanting the manager to give kids a chance, only spend mega money on mega quality players and spend just about anything to get a couple of players in no matter how shit those players may be.

The transfer windows are an abortion.

Yikes, what a load of horse shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you think Klopps hands aren't tied and let's say you are right to think that why then do you think we have done so little to address the issues that exist and are so blindingly obvious in our squad?

Don't ask questions like that here mate. You'll get accused of starting a Klopp out campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very disappointing still, the morning after. Leicester were hungrier all over the park. We are great when we can play and do our thing, but one of the earliest lessons you learn as a young player is that you have to earn the right to play. We didn't match Leicester's hunger, so whatever quality we may have was rendered irrelevant.

At the turn of the year we were in a title fight, although Chelsea were on such a good run we were thinking the title might be a bridge too far, but at least there's CL football and maybe a trophy to look forward to. Fast forward two months and the wheels have well and truly fallen off. We are out of all cups and now we are outsiders to finish top four. We didn't sign anyone in January and the natives are well and truly restless.

So what do we do? Well, we regroup and battle on. Top four has not gone yet, not by a long way. If we keep playing as we have been this year then it will be gone, and soon, but there's still a chance there. If - big if, we can regroup and get the preferred front six firing, we can still go on a run. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, much as it's tempting to give up on them.

As for the wider discussion about owners and Klopp and signings, the summer will tell us much more. Has Klopp really been keeping his powder dry until he can sign the players he wants? Or are his hands tied? Summer will tell us a lot on that front. At a minimum:

We need a cb to partner Matip.

We need a ball winning cm.

We need a striker to replace Sturridge.

We need another winger.

Beyond that a left back to challenge Milner, and possibly a goalie. We could keep going but we have to be realistic.

Four good players, minimum, required in the summer. And in the meantime we fight on.

Some basic things that could help us beat these deep lying teams, play 2 proper CBs as CBs, play a left footer at leftback, essential to pull their defenders out of position. Most goals against these sort of sides are scored from cutbacks and second balls after crosses, it's nigh on impossible to play through the middle of them. Play an actual fucking CF, Firmino is woeful against these type of sides, only solution I can think of for the remainder of the season is to revert to how we lined up last season, 2 Cms Henderson and one of Wijnaldum or Lallana, Phil on the left and Mane on the right with Firmino off either origi or Sturridge. It's not ideal but that's thanks to our fucking penny pinching and utter arrogance/ incompetence in the transfer market.

Next season, which I'm tired of saying. We need another CB, DM, LB, Winger and Striker at very bare minimum.

• Upvote 2

It took the England Rugby team a whole half to work out an alternative way to play on Sunday (and I thought that was too long) yet here we are months down the line still ploughing the same line without even a hint that we are learning or trying something different when teams set up in a certain way against us. 

• Upvote 1

It took the England Rugby team a whole half to work out an alternative way to play on Sunday (and I thought that was too long) yet here we are months down the line still ploughing the same line without even a hint that we are learning or trying something different when teams set up in a certain way against us.

Are you suggesting that our players should drink pints of each other's urine like rugby players do?

Not sure why people think we need a CB to "play alongside" Matip; he has been poor since back from injury. However, I believe he and Lovren can make a decent partnership if only they can get a few games together.

We have too many "flair" players. Great when things are going well but lacking when we need to dig in and show a bit of character. Henderson is far better than many on here suggest and should play in a two in front of the back four. We need a Matic type alongside him. Win the ball and keep it simple.

We can then play 3 of Mane, Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana in front with an out and out striker ahead. Aubemayang may be a dream but he'd fit the bill perfectly.

Clyne is a good option as a defensive full back and can offer some pace going forward. But we need a proper left back.

And then we need a bench. I still think Origi will develop but there was nothing else available to us yesterday. Prob Europa next season but we need some more bodies.