You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - 8pm, 27/02/17 - Huzzah Tarquin, let's go orf for a spot of foxhunting harrumph!

Trumo

I just think the squad is really shit. Most of the first team players are shit. The people behind the scenes like Henry, Werner, Hogan, Gordon et al don't have a clue about football. There's only really Klopp, his two wingmen, the female nutritionist from Bayern and the doppelganger of Klopp that are any good. 

• Upvote 2

I just think the squad is really shit. Most of the first team players are shit. The people behind the scenes like Henry, Werner, Hogan, Gordon et al don't have a clue about football. There's only really Klopp, his two wingmen, the female nutritionist from Bayern and the doppelganger of Klopp that are any good. 

They haven't proven any of that at Liverpool. Klopp bought a chocolate teapot in Klavan to replace a French international defender and then he decides to play an over-the-hill holding midfielder instead.

That's not remotely good and no matter what excuse you want to make (and there are some valid ones) we should expect Klopp to do better as he is supposed to be world-class.

• Upvote 1

They haven't proven any of that at Liverpool. Klopp bought a chocolate teapot in Klavan to replace a French international defender and then he decides to play an over-the-hill holding midfielder instead.

That's not remotely good and no matter what excuse you want to make (and there are some valid ones) we should expect Klopp to do better as he is supposed to be world-class.

It really doesn't end there, either. Wijnaldum has largely flittered between average and anonymous and Karius has been so poor that Mignolet is still our first choice goal keeper. Sigh.

Klopp has won loads of trophies, as has Buvac and Kraweitz. Kornmayer was the fitness coach for probably the fittest team in football history (the Bayern treble winning side under Heynckes). Nemmer was the nutritionist under Guardiola in two double winning seasons.

What have Werner, Henry, Gordon and Hogan done in football exactly?

If Klopp thinks he can do it here without major investment then good luck to him if he is telling the truth and not just being hamstrung by the owners. If he knew the situation when he signed his new contract that money was at a premium which looks likely then he has a job on his hands.

He needs to lose the stubborn, kick the shite out, and get some men in the team, fed up with girly haired tattooed shithouses.

It's all good and well the manager coming out and saying "We're all playing for our futures now". But did these players not realise that anyway? Are they really that oblivious to their situation? Or is it simply a case of them not believing they'll be got rid of? I honestly don't know what is going on in their heads. They see the league table. They see the situation. Surely they understand they need to start going on a run if they want to finish in the top 4 this season. Do they even really want CL football next season? Because they certainly don't seem up for the fight at the moment. I mean, what more motivation do they want?

I'm sick to death of their attitude. You watch them on Saturday, we'll probably beat Arsenal. And then lose to some lesser unfancied side the week after. That pattern will probably continue from now until the end of the season. And we'll end up finishing anywhere between 6th-8th. I'm tired of it. Klopp needs to bin them off and stop thinking he can turn this set of players into champions. He can't. Alarm bells should've been ringing after the Sevilla game. That should've told him all he needs to know about this group of players. They aren't strong enough mentally. They lack the heart and desire to ever become champions. Perhaps a few of them, if they were surrounded by those types of players would flourish in our side, but the rest of them just aren't good enough. Mid-table plodders at best for me. It wouldn't bother me if we got rid of the lot of them and started all over again with the way I feel at the moment.

The transfer policy has got to change as well, but I don't think it will. FSG don't seem like the type who have the desire to break the bank in order to bring in the type of player we need. Ready made, experienced players, who have been there, don't that. You only have to look at the players we've been linked with this summer to see that. Brandt, Dahoud, Sessegnon. Talented individuals, but kids. Kids who haven't done anything of note in the game as of yet. We need 7 quality players this summer, I doubt we'll get them, but that's what we need if we're to stand any chance of moving forward as a club in the future.

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to work out in my head what the fuck I witnessed last night. I think this was actually worse than the hiding to Stoke under Rodgers. Absolute fucking shite right from the first minute. Klopp really has his work cut out for himself here. Depressing

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to work out in my head what the fuck I witnessed last night. I think this was actually worse than the hiding to Stoke under Rodgers. Absolute fucking shite right from the first minute. Klopp really has his work cut out for himself here. Depressing

It is depressing, like spending your life building a garden shed and coming out each winter to see it blown down. You reach the age when you just think, fuck it, it just isn't going to happen.

Doesn't help when they send inferior fixings each time I guess, I really do have a lot of faith in Klopp, he's a proven manager. I know it's easy to criticise the owners and they're not oil sheiks or oligarchs and I suppose that's the problem here. Our expectations exceed theirs.

We're buying players that we hope will grow into decent players, however we pay top four prices for our tickets to watch these inferior players. Outside of London we are the more expensive team to watch in the world. For that we get, as someone very aptly put it earlier 'girly haired tattooed shithouses'

This season is done, I won't be watching another away game but I have to drag myself to Anfield as I've already paid. Like every year I will hope we have a good summer transfer window and give it a go next season. But I promise this is the last time I bother, it's just fucking groundhog day and I have better things to spend my money on than a bunch of  shithouse millionaires. 

So you're going to be fronting the official Klopp out campaign then even if you are covering your arse by saying "if the owners are tieing his hands"? Shouldnt he be fronting the owners then with your line of reasoning?

Nope.  He shouldn't be.  If he feels that the owners have lied to him, he just should tell them he wants to leave and leave.  He shouldn't be discussing it in the papers.  But I don't believe the owners have lied to him.  I'm one of those idiots that thinks they were up front with him when he took the job, and he took it on that basis.  I'm not one who believes our manager is naive or stupid. 

Nope. He shouldn't be. If he feels that the owners have lied to him, he just should tell them he wants to leave and leave. He shouldn't be discussing it in the papers. But I don't believe the owners have lied to him. I'm one of those idiots that thinks they were up front with him when he took the job, and he took it on that basis. I'm not one who believes our manager is naive or stupid.

if our manager honestly believes lucas at centre half is acceptable for example, that going with the squad we have all this season was ok and honestly believes he can get a tune out of these serial losers regularly then his judgement has to be questioned...there is something not right that here we are this far into his time here and so little has been done to fix our glaring problems.

I am completely indifferent about the result as I pretty much expected it. I could tell from the first 10 seconds of the game that they were up for it and we were going to be our spineless selves once again. Same old problems rear their ugly head again and our manager,once again,makes really poor choices in important positions,Lucas over Klavan? Please! And Origi has to play against big clumsy defenders and not some hot and cold Brazilian lesbian who has been awful for months.

Regardless,its just difficult to get mad when there has been a culture of shithousery at this club for so long when the going gets tough that its hard to imagine anything else. Roll on September as there's nothing to look forward to until then until christmas and rinse and repeat.

Random thoughts-

Need a winter break?- Bullshit based on last night

Not having a half decent actual centre forward on the pitch will eventually catch you out- especially away from home

Why when we attack do our forward players spread out FROM the centre leaving no option at all in the middle?

When was the last time we looked remotely threatening at corners?  

How many more times do you play Lucas at centre back before acknowledging it doesnt work- its no longer on him, thats on Klopp now.

Why are we so fucking shit?