You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salif Diao

Hoddy

There is probably about 50 million fans around the world who would have heart doesn't mean there good enough! can anyone because tom still hasn't got back to me, name me one quality this joke player has got?

He has a cracking hair-don't.

At the end of the day, the lad doesn't pick himself does he?! He's just doing what he's asked to do.

As long as he tries hard then I have no bones with him at all. It's not his fault he's just not good enough.

I'd rather he didn't play, of course, I wish we had Vierra or Gerrard instead, but we haven't, so whilst he's giving it 100% then I can live with it.

If we were gonna pick a team on effort alone I'd have him in the team over several of our "instant choices" atm!

i really can't believe that you would pick him before anyone else at the club, i have just asked you to name one of his strengths, i sdon't go along with heart just because he is clumsy, i hate fans like you who accept standards as low as diao. he's a disgrace to the club. your right it;s not his fault he gets picked, that's the manager but t his discussion is about diao as a player not team selection.

Listen chief, how can you hate me for saying he has heart? He has, and as i stated in another post "he is never going to be good enough for LFC" so how am I accepting him?

Can you read? If you can then I have no idea why you would post such a flimsy exuse for a post. And if it's not aimed at me, the man who mentioned heart, then name the person you hate other than coming onto a thread 15 posts further down and randomly stating "I hate fans like you"

1. I never said I would play him. Can you read?

2. You asked me for a strength. I gave you one. (for the record strength is another)

3. I don't accept those standards. See point 1

4. He gives his all, and it isn't good enough, just like you, it doesn't mean I hate him it just means I'd rather he didn't play for us, just as i'd rather not have to argue with someone who won't read my replies properly.

It was tom r who said they would play him, apologies.

but how do you say he has got heart, i think he's just a big dope to be honest, heart is where people challenge every ball chase every ball running from box to box etc. diao does none of this, I HATE HIM and think he is the one player who should be forced out the club by the fans Igor is a better player than diao.

I accept your apology.

I also accept your opinion that he is a big dope, but i differ as I can't hate him as Liverpool football club are to blame for the situation not Salif Diao.

No way i'd move my kids and wife over then just move again 18 months later because you haven't turned into some great player and the club want you to piss off. We gave him the contract he has every right to stay here and keep playing to the best of his very poor ability.

yes he has every right too, but as supporters we have every right to voice our opinion and I would even go as far as a protest to rid of him! he's that bad, i'm just worried that benitez can't see this and seems to favour him, it's not his fault by no means but the blame has to lie somewhere....?

yes he has every right too, but as supporters we have every right to voice our opinion and I would even go as far as a protest to rid of him! he's that bad, i'm just worried that benitez can't see this and seems to favour him, it's not his fault by no means but the blame has to lie somewhere....?

Yeah the blame lies with the man who paid nigh on 5m quid to buy him

So you dont trust Benitez too find out what quality Diao is??... Maybe he ain`t all that bad... Or maybe Benitez knows Diao is no long term solution, but has to use him as a bit part player, especially when Gerrard, Biscan and even Welsh was out injuried.

One thing Benitez always have been doing is changing his team, and resting players, and we better get used to it. That will lead to several more surprising line-ups, like sunday. That will also mean that players like Diao will get the odd game. But that doesn`t mean that Benitez don`t see who is good enough, and who isn`t. There is no doubt or squad is thin at the moment, and the fact that Finnan has been used as a right wing highlights the problem. Rafa needs time to rebuild!

So you dont trust Benitez too find out what quality Diao is??... Maybe he ain`t all that bad... Or maybe Benitez knows Diao is no long term solution, but has to use him as a bit part player, especially when Gerrard, Biscan and even Welsh was out injuried.

One thing Benitez always have been doing is changing his team, and resting players, and we better get used to it. That will lead to several more surprising line-ups, like sunday. That will also mean that players like Diao will get the odd game. But that doesn`t mean that Benitez don`t see who is good enough, and who isn`t. There is no doubt or squad is thin at the moment, and the fact that Finnan has been used as a right wing highlights the problem. Rafa needs time to rebuild!

I agree this is probably the thinnest squad we have had in terms of genuine quality players rafa's hands are tied, at least until Jan so I think we will get a few iffy performances and results until then and maybe next summer.

He makes a lovely Lasagne?

Does he? What's his secret. I like to use a little bit of Tommy K to take the acidity off the tomatoes. Also, a dash of Worcestershire Sauce and a splash of red wine gives it a cheeky little kick.

Anyone else got any cooking tips? How about griddling fish so it doesn't stick to the pan? Fucking does my head in. Can anyone help?

Guest LEE R HARKIN
Isn't that a bit harsh judging on todays game. He has his limitations, but i thought he worked hard and was just about the only player in our midfield willing to put his foot in. Too bad he can't pass.

The guy wasn't even breaking sweat when he came off yesterday,he worked hard at avoiding the ball.

Does he? What's his secret. I like to use a little bit of Tommy K to take the acidity off the tomatoes. Also, a dash of Worcestershire Sauce and a splash of red wine gives it a cheeky little kick.

Anyone else got any cooking tips? How about griddling fish so it doesn't stick to the pan? Fucking does my head in. Can anyone help?

Lasagne sucks big time. Gimme Shephards Pie any time before all this new fangled foreign stuff. :drool:

Ooooh, just had Shepherd's Pie for tea. It was fucking ace, although I can't claim any credit - it was a Mrs Paul special.

On to more important matters: "Lasagne sucks big time"? What the fuck? No self-respecting lover of all things edible (steady Tom) can dismiss one of the great British staples so easily. I fucking love lasagne - and spaghetti Bol, too. You'll be telling me you don't do curry next, VV.

Anyone else got any cooking tips?

Yep - when it comes to lasagne : diced chicken livers, smoked bacon, and a little african bush in the ragu - thats the kick that works for me.

Ooooh, just had Shepherd's Pie for tea. It was fucking ace, although I can't claim any credit - it was a Mrs Paul special.

On to more important matters: "Lasagne sucks big time"? What the fuck? No self-respecting lover of all things edible (steady Tom) can dismiss one of the great British staples so easily. I fucking love lasagne - and spaghetti Bol, too. You'll be telling me you don't do curry next, VV.

Paul mate, Mrs Paul sounds ace doing traditional English fare. I hate all foreign foods apart from Chinese. Italian, Mexican, Indian etc suck big time. I can't stand spicy food. Gimme casseroles, stews, corned beef hash, steaks, shephards pie and my absolute favourite, the roast dinner, and no, I don't vote UKIP., I just hate spicy food and pizza.

I don't want anyone sweating when they're cooking fish, no matter how hard they're working. It's just not hygienic.

I love fish. But you know what? There is no more cod because the Faroese/Portugese/EU have overfished and vacuummed the sea floor. Notwithstanding our very polite government who do not want to take control of our waters (custodial) in case they create a political incident. I say fuck 'em and nuke Denmark. Although we'd have to nick some of Dubya's nukes, and find a proper jet to land them..details.

Best meal ever- Roast beef, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puddings cooked traditionally, peas and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for desert.

Did you capitalist lasagne-swilling gravy-sucking pigs know that lasagne is one of the worst meals to consume- it causes a sharp spike in insulin production and thus converts to fat quicker than almost any other meal. Unless of course you play football or jog two miles after. And with a belly full of heavy lasagne nobody can do that.

PS- Diao is shite.

Ooooh, you can't beat a good curry. i recently smapled a dish called a Lahore, very nice indeed smooth and yet quite spicy.

I had a bit of simple pasta with a spicy dolmio sauce tonight, bellicimo!!

Now isn't this far more pleasant that arguing about which of our terrible players is terriblist?