You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Headphones

Allan

Anybody recommend any cheapish noise cancelling headphones?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/kitsound-immerse-active-noise-cancelling-bluetooth-headphones-45-tesco-2725706

These are in Asda for £23 according to people that have commented in the above link.

Other than that, these are supposed to be decent:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-Headphones-Active-Cancelling-Aeroplane/dp/B00AXVURFY

Thinking of buying a cheapish pair of on ear, open back, wired headphones. Not bothered what they look like especially, basically to use with my iPod when out and about and maybe late night sessions at home.

Any recommendations ???

Been looking at some Grado SR 60/80s, any good ?

Price range <£100. eBay 2nd handers would do me.

Ditto

• 4 months later...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/headphones-QCY-QY19-Cancelling-Microphone-Black/dp/B01G53FC62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511723252&sr=8-1&keywords=qy19

Picked these up a while ago for running and think they're legitimately a really good pair of headphones.  Don't quite have the depth of the binlids, but for £17 at decent volumes they are spot on.

Deep bass sometimes gets a bit muddy, but delivers motown and rock bass tones beautifully.

• Upvote 1

I’ve just bought a pair of Sony MDR-ZX770BN for £80 instead of £180 on Amazon, read the reviews on them and they seemed pretty good but after using them they’re a lot better than I expected. Very good wireless, noise cancelling over ear headphones for the money.

• Upvote 1

Any recommendations for a £40 or less pair of in-ear headphones, just for using when out and about/keep in the pocket?

Check out the Soundmagic e10 series. Still probably the sweet spot for that kind of range.

I've got a spare pair I could sling your way, you'd just need new tips (probably got an unopened pack of them sitting around too). They don't seem to suit my ears.

• Upvote 1

Check out the Soundmagic e10 series. Still probably the sweet spot for that kind of range.

I've got a spare pair I could sling your way, you'd just need new tips (probably got an unopened pack of them sitting around too). They don't seem to suit my ears.

Completely forgot to check back after posting that.  Nice one mate, you're a gent.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bose QC35 II just £207 on amazon.de if paying with a fee free currency card. I've ordered them, then cancelled within 5 mins. 3 times. Stonking deal but I don't NEED them. But I do want them.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bose-ii-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-207-fee-free-card-21738-non-fee-free-card-amazon-germany-3202065

Got offered a new job yesterday so treated myself and ordered a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3's. Wow. Just fucking amazing. Not cheap as they retail around £300 but I got them on sale from amazon.de for £250. Still not cheap, but I can convince myself I got a good deal at least!

Haven't had a pair of bluetooth earphones/headphones over £30 in a few years now and these remind me how engaging and immersive music can be at that higher level. You can really get lost in the right song.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, soapytitwank said:

Got offered a new job yesterday so treated myself and ordered a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3's. Wow. Just fucking amazing. Not cheap as they retail around £300 but I got them on sale from amazon.de for £250. Still not cheap, but I can convince myself I got a good deal at least!

Haven't had a pair of bluetooth earphones/headphones over £30 in a few years now and these remind me how engaging and immersive music can be at that higher level. You can really get lost in the right song.

Bought a pair of these the other week myself. Superb headphones.

• 1 month later...
On 26/03/2019 at 18:39, rotoq said:

Just ordered a pair of these after having my mouse pointer hovering over the buy button for several days. Had a pair of Sony MDR-V7's for 30 years now and they still sound decent but the foam ear cups are shot and I fancy a pair of wireless ones so .....just need to plan my strategy for telling the wife now.

1 hour ago, Caramac said:

Just ordered a pair of these after having my mouse pointer hovering over the buy button for several days. Had a pair of Sony MDR-V7's for 30 years now and they still sound decent but the foam ear cups are shot and I fancy a pair of wireless ones so .....just need to plan my strategy for telling the wife now.

My strategy is to buy things then when the gf says anything I politely remind her I'll buy what I please. Seems to work. Not sure about the plans longevity though.

• 1 month later...

Never owned a pair of these new fangled ANC headphones before. 

But, just had these delivered. Taking the above into account, I can't really compare them to other ANC headphones. But, they seem above decent for the price. Good sound quality. Good noise cancelling from the cups alone, then improves when you flick the ANC mics on. 

The only real, yet minor complaints are the build quality. They're a bit too plasticy. And they leak a bit, so people can hear what you're listening too. 

I've only listened to a few songs, but I'm impressed, particularly for the £49.99 price tag. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Black/dp/B07QZR4HYD