You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Headphones

Allan

So are over-ear headphones sufficiently de rigeur for me to wear a pair without looking/feeling like a cunt/nerd/twat? Serious question - seems all I see now is the over ear type - and having tested a couple of pairs the sound is awesome - plus...I can never keep those in-ear headphones in my ears

50 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

So are over-ear headphones sufficiently de rigeur for me to wear a pair without looking/feeling like a cunt/nerd/twat? Serious question - seems all I see now is the over ear type - and having tested a couple of pairs the sound is awesome - plus...I can never keep those in-ear headphones in my ears

I always wear over ear for my laptop viewing and round ear for my gym activity. Suits me except that I can still hear the wife with the over ear ones.

2 hours ago, Le Duan said:

I find IEM (earphones with a silicon or foam tip) really easy to stay in, just need to get the right size tips so you get a good fit and a decent seal.  The latter can make a huge difference in sound quality.

Unless you are talking about earbuds (completely covered with a foam donut, sometimes without anything.) They are definitely a bit hit and miss on fit in my experience.

On 14/10/2019 at 17:27, Le Duan said:

For what activity? If you're sat at a laptop or PC at home, then they're fine. If you're on a bus or in the gym, it's a bit weird, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Picked up some black/red Beats Solo 3 on a good sale. 

yeah I know. Beats. 

The thing is, they kick the arse of the Jaybird ones I had been using and would always fall out. 

Gym, bus, wherever the fuck. Ive never given a toss what other people think. I’m a cool enough motherfucker that I can go to the beat of my own drum. 

5 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Picked up some black/red Beats Solo 3 on a good sale. 

yeah I know. Beats. 

The thing is, they kick the arse of the Jaybird ones I had been using and would always fall out. 

Gym, bus, wherever the fuck. Ive never given a toss what other people think. I’m a cool enough motherfucker that I can go to the beat of my own drum. 

Bus? But you're the driver!

Anyone looking to step into the TWS space, these are highly regarded and can be had for 29.99 with the discount applied. 

Wireless Earphones, Mpow T5/M5 True Wireless Headphones Featured 6D HD Bass Stereo Sound/Up To 42H playtime/CVC8.0/IPX7/2 Modes, TWS Bluetooth Earphones, Wireless Earbuds with Charging Case with Mic https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WJRW2FB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YpyQDb062KJG5

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2019 at 05:39, rotoq said:

Got offered a new job yesterday so treated myself and ordered a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3's. Wow. Just fucking amazing. Not cheap as they retail around £300 but I got them on sale from amazon.de for £250. Still not cheap, but I can convince myself I got a good deal at least!

Haven't had a pair of bluetooth earphones/headphones over £30 in a few years now and these remind me how engaging and immersive music can be at that higher level. You can really get lost in the right song.

bought myself a pair oif these a few months back, pretty fucking good - the noise cancellation is sound flying, and they seal pretty tight for wearing in the office

I own a pair of Sony xm2's bought mainly to block out the upstairs elephant circus I endured each early evening. I have been looking at the 3's but can't justify it and the elephant circus seem to have changed their act and I've also probably adapted to block it out so don't use the 2's much at all now.

I found the 2's to be brilliant though and yes on flights they really do the job. I do find over the head headphones hurt my head after a while though. I carry Bose QC20's for flights and for me at least they are almost as good as the Sony headphones. I wear them for the whole flight no matter if I'm listening to something or not. Yeah I need dongles and adapters as they are wired but comfort wise they are perfect. 

Maybe it's my maybe it's my age but when I see someone about town with full headphones on I can't help but think 'twat' 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Bought myself a pair of these bad boys recommended by the sales assistant at Richer Sounds. I must say they’re fantastic! I highly recommend them. 

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/cambridge-audio-melomania-1

They are getting some good reviews, what’s the fit like? They‘ve got a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster vibe to them.

I’ve been using the MPOW T5, which are pretty much considered the best TWS under 100 quid. I linked them earlier and can be had for 30. 

I’ve got the Liberty Pro 2’s coming which are in the same price range as your ones, they have some fantastic reviews. I got them of AliExpress for 117 quid.

On 16/11/2019 at 07:32, paddyberger said:

They are getting some good reviews, what’s the fit like? They‘ve got a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster vibe to them.

I’ve been using the MPOW T5, which are pretty much considered the best TWS under 100 quid. I linked them earlier and can be had for 30. 

I’ve got the Liberty Pro 2’s coming which are in the same price range as your ones, they have some fantastic reviews. I got them of AliExpress for 117 quid.

Sorry I missed this post. Yeah the fit is great. I’m genuinely loving them. They’re not full noise cancelling but they’re quite effective at blocking any noise IMO. They also come with a credit card sized cheat sheet to operate the ‘buttons’ too. 

• Upvote 1

On 16/11/2019 at 09:37, viRdjil said:

Bought myself a pair of these bad boys recommended by the sales assistant at Richer Sounds. I must say they’re fantastic! I highly recommend them. 

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/cambridge-audio-melomania-1

hmmmm cambridge audio, i think they are owned by Richer, all good if you are happy with the product. but i think they used to push that stuff harder after they took over. I could be wrong, as not been in, in >12 years

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

hmmmm cambridge audio, i think they are owned by Richer, all good if you are happy with the product. but i think they used to push that stuff harder after they took over. I could be wrong, as not been in, in >12 years

Lolol... that’s sales 101 isn’t it? Twats.

8862F0EA-09E5-48F6-B7F7-53AD914847C0.png