You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1 (Jan 31 2017)

tlw content

chelseareport2.jpg

Well at least we’ve stopped the bleeding. I didn’t think it was a great performance by any means, but it was a courageous, gutsy one and with a bit of luck we might have won. That said, we needed a late penalty save to avoid defeat so we can’t feel too hard done by. 

It was vital we didn’t lose and while a draw doesn’t do us any good in terms of keeping alive any desperate, lingering hopes of catching Chelsea, it’s a point gained on Arsenal and we didn’t lose any ground to Spurs, so there is that at least. 

Klopp is understandably emphasising the positives and talking of how well his players did. Under the circumstances they did do ok, but it's hard to take too much from it because we’re a million miles off the team we were back in the Autumn. I didn’t think we created enough against Chelsea and I also thought we looked ropey as fuck at the back any time they bothered their arses to try and counter attack, which thankfully wasn’t too often. It was certainly a step in the right direction but where has that free scoring, exciting team gone? 

In fairness, creating chances against Chelsea isn’t easy so maybe I’m expecting too much, especially when we didn’t have Mané until the closing stages. I thought the front three were all well shackled and got virtually nothing out of Chelsea’s well drilled defensive seven, and our midfielders posed more of a threat to Chelsea than the forwards did. 

The second half was better and had Firmino been more clinical in front of goal we’d have pulled off an unlikely victory, but at the moment it feels like every chance we get is forced rather than created, if that makes sense. It’s not flowing but there’s plenty of effort going into it. 

We started the game quite well and Chelsea, unsurprisingly, seemed content to just sit back and frustrate us. Their wing backs weren’t anything of the sort, they were out and out full backs meaning they were playing a back five with two defensive midfielders shielding them. It’s hard breaking that down, especially when you play the way we have been of late. 

It also doesn’t help when one of those two shielding midfielders is so good it’s like they’ve got an extra man on the pitch. Kante was everywhere, getting in the way, making tackles and just being a fucking nuisance. He clogged up the areas in which we like to play and any time it looked like we might be able to launch a counter attack, he just appeared from nowhere. He’s the closest thing you’ll see to Mascherano. 

There’s nothing particularly scary about Chelsea but they’re clearly the best team in the country right now because they’re well organised, resolute, good on the break and more than anything, just really streetwise and they know how to win. Little things like tactical fouls to stop counter attacks, players feigning injury to break up the play and kill any momentum the opponent might be building, and most of all, diving all over the place to win free kicks. 

This is only a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

I couldn't watch the game at all I only saw the highlights on match of the day, I didn't know Klopp got into it with a fan that's surprising.... although thinking about it maybe it isn't he has so much passion it's bound to boil over sometimes. I did hear that one of their scumbag fans threw a larger bottle at wijnaldum that wasn't too far away from hitting him, that's much worse behaviour.

That should be the end of it, but you know that cunt Mourinho will probably have something to say the first chance he gets.

He's been crying about it in his post-match press conference tonight. One manager gets told it's amusing. He gets sent to the stand. Whining little shit.

• Upvote 1

There were definite signs, so I'm in the 'glass half full' camp at the mo, until Hull at least. And - hey! - it could worse. Gentlemen, I give you Arsenal Fan TV...it's the gift that just keeps giving!

Is he calling that big fat happy looking guy Blood? all the time as well

as referring to himself in the 3rd person? 

'DTA got no agenda blood'

hahah George is not happy!

DTA? Really? D. T. A. Deeply Troubled Arsehole? What a fucking gobshite prick. Mind, I can agree with him (is it a him?) with regards to their manager. Wenger's a horrible shit cunt of a wig wearing forced-french-accented cheese eating surrender monkey. He's been how long in this country and his absurd garlic gallic accent gets stronger by the fucking minute. Christ I'd almost prefer Woy Hodg.. Nah scratch that.   

Anyway, back to DTA. There is almost nothing worse than this preposterous jockney accent - cockney interspersed with jamaican. Add irritating and numerous "blud"s and you've a prime twat. 

The only fans more arrogant than Chelsea's are Arsenal's. And no prizes for guessing which team's fans out-arrogant both of them.

Arrogant twats

• Man U
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Arsenal 
  • Chelsea
  • etc. 

Mystic Dave.

I think the little shit bird craves the same kind of love the Fans and Media have for Klopp. What the deluded twat will never get is that a woodlouse has more personality, so its never going to happen.

Yes, witness his going on the pitch and hugging his players after some games this season. Done with all the enthusiasm of Dave U shaving his head bald

It shouldn’t be our main attacking ploy, but it should at least be in the playbook. Having Mané back will negate the need to mix it up too much because we can hopefully just get back to doing what we were doing so successfully before, but when Plan A isn’t working, you need to find something that does and in the second half of the game we showed some signs of finally doing that. 

I really don’t get it. If you’d defend as deep as they’ve learned to do with us, but you were actually playing a Pulis team, you’d be slaughtered. And Pulis’ style of football, if you can call it style or indeed football, isn’t difficult. Just kick the bloody round thing as hard as you can into the box and have everyone fighting for it will result in goals quite frequently.

So if the next opponent defends just as deep,  take a Pulis. If they continue to sit deep they’ll be slaughtered. If they the decide to come out of their cave it’s back to Kloppo Hard Rock style.

Problem solved.

One more thing: We have one of the fastest men in football in our team. Let him stay up close to the midfield line when defending corners! I hate this nonsense everyone back in the box to defend corners.

Is he calling that big fat happy looking guy Blood? all the time as well

as referring to himself in the 3rd person? 

'DTA got no agenda blood'

hahah George is not happy!

He's not referring to himself in the 3rd person, he's talking about "DT", another one of the Arsenal Fan TV crew who takes pride in his hate of Wenger and his fellow Arsenal fans who don't feel the same way.

The guy in the video you're referring to calls himself "Troopz".

Guest Pistonbroke

Mystic Dave.

I think the little shit bird craves the same kind of love the Fans and Media have for Klopp. What the deluded twat will never get is that a woodlouse has more personality, so its never going to happen.

He also forgets how he himself lapped up the arse licking from said fans and media which put him on his creaking pedestal, his fall from grace has only just started in the big scheme of things, he's going to end up a broken man before long, he doesn't react well to criticism, the cunt.