You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Agree with Brownie.

If we end up with just Salah, Robertson and Chamberlain, and keep Coutinho it'll be a disappointing window.

In fact I'd go further and say it'll be unacceptable.

They have to get Van Dijk through the door to keep me content, even then I'd be disappointed we didn't get another forward in.

Tim Vickery has said that Coutinhos entourage (incl family) are telling people that Coutinho to Barca is "definitely on".

He's a very trust worthy journo, but it's a bit of an in-definitive statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll definitely happen.

We will buy Lemar and Barca will drop their interest in him in exchange for us giving them Coutinho.

Bizarre is right. West Brom signing a centre mid that would walk into the squad of any top six side.

Meanwhile Chelsea and Liverpool try to spend crazy money on a shit centre mid who hasnt improved a jot since he was 16.

Is right. He would walk into any side in the top six.

I say 'walk' he's that fucking slow, i can't really tell the difference.

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

Jurgen Klopp is prepared to use Oxlade-Chamberlain in his preferred midfield role. (Paul Joyce)

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

Liverpool are also interested in AS Monaco's Thomas Lemar and Southampton's Virgil van Dijk. (Paul Joyce)

Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

However, Oxlade-Chamberlain would appear the most straght-forward deal now given the fact Arsenal are happy to do a deal. (Paul Joyce)

Sounds like it is shaping up to be VVD, Lemar and AOC coming in... with Coutinho leaving. 

I'd take that, if that's how it ends up. Happily so, in fact. VVD is crucial. AOC adds depth, and he has some pace, versatility and strength too. Lemar strikes me as a deal we will do if Coutinho is off. If Coutinho stays I doubt Lemar will happen, and if that's how it pans out, I would be happy to keep Coutinho and miss out on Lemar. 

However, lots of twists and turns between now and the window shutting. 

Sounds like it is shaping up to be VVD, Lemar and AOC coming in... with Coutinho leaving. 

I'd take that, if that's how it ends up. Happily so, in fact. VVD is crucial. AOC adds depth, and he has some pace, versatility and strength too. Lemar strikes me as a deal we will do if Coutinho is off. If Coutinho stays I doubt Lemar will happen, and if that's how it pans out, I would be happy to keep Coutinho and miss out on Lemar. 

However, lots of twists and turns between now and the window shutting.

Have a word with the big fella upstairs mate, tell him to make sure it happens.