You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I've been reading the excitement on all Liverpool forums and it's made me realise just how pessimistic I am. I don't think we will sign any fucker. The whole lemar and van dyke just feels like the big players we've made an opera of going for before and then going oh well we tried. To be fair the club made me this way.

Feel much the same. Beyond me why we fuck about for the whole window then scurry about like headless chickens for the last few days. Anyone we do buy will either be dogshit ( eg Balotelli) or we will pay vastly more than we would have done had we not been low balling and aggressively monitoring targets early in the window,

One think I do think needs to happen and that is the window needs to close before the season starts , This circus at the end of August is ridiculous , 

Echo saying LFC and Monaco officials are in a meeting and that Monaco want £92m for Lemar, but don't want Origi. I smell bollocks. Unless James Pearce is one of our delegation...

I'm not surprised they dont want him. I do wonder though if this sudden Barca speculation is a ploy for Monaco to push up Lemars price meaning we will be more inclined to sell Coutinho 

I've been reading the excitement on all Liverpool forums and it's made me realise just how pessimistic I am. I don't think we will sign any fucker. The whole lemar and van dyke just feels like the big players we've made an opera of going for before and then going oh well we tried. To be fair the club made me this way.

Correct. Guilty until proven innocent.

I would scrap the whole window idea and go back to the old, anytime system. There would not be such a distortion to the market - some clubs desperate for a player, some desperate for cash knowing time is against you - and would mean the need for low handed tactics of some agents and players dissipates.

Problem solved

• Upvote 1

We had June and July to get our fingers out. Anyway its another reason why the window should shut before the start of the season. The deals would still happen but just a bit quicker.

All of the deals we are concluding began (w a formal bid in most cases) earlier in the summer. And before the CL qualifier.

I don't claim to have a definitive answer.  I just think FSG were reluctant to spend before CL football was secured. 

We'll see on Friday morning what net outlay they have made , Be amazed if we get Lemar , Ox and VVD whilst keeping Coutinho,  Sakho and Div seem certain to be gone already

If it's both then I'd definitely expect Coutinho to be off.

Nope - 

@BSmith Oxlade-Chamberlain turns down Chelsea, wants to join #LFC. Their move for Thomas Lemar is ongoing but it's one or t'other. Not both.

------------------------------

I'm not happy now.  Why the f"ck dangle Lemar in front of us and then go for Oxlade Chamberlain... 

Better bloody well get VVD now.