You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

That's some of the Coutinho money spent for next summer. Top class footballer and I'm really glad we've signed him but they still aren't spending their own money. We've made a profit in the last four windows and the ridiculous tv deal is still in the coffers.

We're still being significantly short changed and unless a few more come in during the next few days I stand by my assessment - ambitionless shysters who don't want to spend their own money. They've only come to life in the last week after Champions League qualification.

We're still short for this season despite yesterday's excellence.

Agreed. Despite what we did to Arsenal, listening to one or two of their fans after yesterday reminds me that we're not in such a different situation when it comes to our owners and :

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

net spend.

They still gambled big time with that CL qualifier too, I can't forget that.

And please get a new contract sorted for Can. He could make a great future captain if he stays and it moves on from Hendo.

I can confirm, via RedCafe, that Keita is overrated, it's a really strange deal, he could break his legs before the move and he could've had his pick of bigger clubs in the summer. And it definitely means that Coutinho and Can are off. And we'll have too many players to keep them all happy. And.....and....

They're secretly shitting their kecks. The bad cunts.

I can confirm, via RedCafe, that Keita is overrated, it's a really strange deal, he could break his legs before the move and he could've had his pick of bigger clubs in the summer. And it definitely means that Coutinho and Can are off. And we'll have too many players to keep them all happy. And.....and....

Really weird they think we'll have too many good players yet some here say we have a wafer thin squad!

Sounds like half the guys here.

To be fair Coutinho wont be here by the time Keita joins most likely. Even if we keep him now he will go next summer.

Maybe. We said he’s definitely going this summer a million times. We might well let him go for huge money. If Barca are still interested. I’ve no issue with it. But it doesn’t mean that it’s Coutinho money, as we already offered 66m for him without it.

To be fair Coutinho wont be here by the time Keita joins most likely. Even if we keep him now he will go next summer.

If we get Lemar in then I'll drive Coutinho to Barcelona myself.  We haven't missed him so far to be fair.  Even last season we coped fairly well when he was injured. Mane is the main man now. Mane's injury/going to the AFCON cost us badly last season. 

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't be surprised if Coutinho arranges a similar move to Barca as Keita has done with us before the window closes. It'd probably make sense because if he stays this season he's surely off next year.

Like I keep saying, if barcelona stump up £135m+ in cash lump sum no add ons he can go today as far as Im concerned.

Maybe. We said he’s definitely going this summer a million times. We might well let him go for huge money. If Barca are still interested. I’ve no issue with it. But it doesn’t mean that it’s Coutinho money, as we already offered 66m for him without it.

Not saying it Coutinho money.

And i have no issue with him going to be honest. I just mean squad places.

We're not getting Lemar, I wouldn't be surprised if FSG bid for him specifically because he's not for sale.

We have broken the transfer record twice this summer, I am not an FSG fan but give it a rest hey! Let them have their moment for once fair fucks to them

If we end up this season adding Salah and Lemar, keeping Coutinho for 12 more months and have added Keita - it will easily be our best window in decades. 

And we still need a fucking centre back.

If we do not get Lemar but complete deal for VVD it will be our best window in modern history.

• Upvote 1