You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Rightho then.

So you don't think salah's fee is questionable, even though people are questioning it on this thread and the BBC breaking the Keita news are reporting as Keita being the Carroll fee! Fuck me. And if you think Coutinho and Keita will play in the same Liverpool team you're as easily fooled as my 6 year old

From the BBC

Liverpool have agreed a club-record deal to sign RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita, with the player officially joining on 1 July 2018.

The Reds have agreed to pay the £48m release clause that will allow him to move next summer, plus an undisclosed premium.

The 22-year-old had been one of Jurgen Klopp's primary targets this summer, but Leipzig had refused to sell.

The deal will surpass the £35m paid to Newcastle for Andy Carroll in 2011.

The German side finished second behind champions Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga last season, allowing them to qualify for the Champions League group stages.

Liverpool had already had two offers for the Guinea international rejected this summer - the second understood to be around £70m - but now a compromise deal has been reached where Leipzig keep their prize asset this season and manager Klopp gets the player next summer.

So far this summer, Liverpool have signed winger Mohamed Salah from Roma for £34m, full-back Andrew Robertson from Hull for £8m and striker Dominic Solanke after his contract at Chelsea expired.

The Anfield club are also prepared to test Monaco's resolve to keep midfielder Thomas Lemar with an offer of about £60m before Thursday's transfer deadline.

So you don't think salah's fee is questionable, even though people are questioning it on this thread and the BBC breaking the Keita news are reporting as Keita being the Carroll fee! Fuck me. And if you think Coutinho and Keita will play in the same Liverpool team you're as easily fooled as my 6 year old

From the BBC

Liverpool have agreed a club-record deal to sign RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita, with the player officially joining on 1 July 2018.

The Reds have agreed to pay the £48m release clause that will allow him to move next summer, plus an undisclosed premium.

The 22-year-old had been one of Jurgen Klopp's primary targets this summer, but Leipzig had refused to sell.

The deal will surpass the £35m paid to Newcastle for Andy Carroll in 2011.

The German side finished second behind champions Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga last season, allowing them to qualify for the Champions League group stages.

Liverpool had already had two offers for the Guinea international rejected this summer - the second understood to be around £70m - but now a compromise deal has been reached where Leipzig keep their prize asset this season and manager Klopp gets the player next summer.

So far this summer, Liverpool have signed winger Mohamed Salah from Roma for £34m, full-back Andrew Robertson from Hull for £8m and striker Dominic Solanke after his contract at Chelsea expired.

The Anfield club are also prepared to test Monaco's resolve to keep midfielder Thomas Lemar with an offer of about £60m before Thursday's transfer deadline.

Un fucking believable. Surely a WUM?

Still not a word on sky....and they are currently broadcasting a show called 'Transfer Centre'...

I am watching that 'transfer centre' now and they haven't mentioned it at all....fucking state of them that they would rather talk about rumours and what their bullshit sources say than actual deals.

Their main story from LFC is we have 'bid for Lemar'

They are a joke.

You’ve made it perfectly clear what you think, Barry. Unfortunately, what you’ve been saying all summer is about how we aren’t signing anybody, and now things are moving, you’re trying to make it as if it’s somehow a bad thing. That’s fine, mate. Wallow in it all you like. I’m not doing it though.

• Upvote 2

Still not a word on sky....and they are currently broadcasting a show called 'Transfer Centre'...

I am watching that 'transfer centre' now and they haven't mentioned it at all....fucking state of them that they would rather talk about rumours and what their bullshit sources say than actual deals.

Their main story from LFC is we have 'bid for Lemar'

They are a joke.

They werent the first to break the news so are down playing it well, not even mentioning it as far as I can see!

You’ve made it perfectly clear what you think, Barry. Unfortunately, what you’ve been saying all summer is about how we aren’t signing anybody, and now things are moving, you’re trying to make it as if it’s somehow a bad thing. That’s fine, mate. Wallow in it all you like. I’m not doing it though.

What I find funny about baz's WUMMing is he's more fucking bothered about the size of Salah's fee. I couldnt give 2 fucks whether Salah cost more, the same or even fucking cheaper. The fact is we signed a boss player. How much he cost and what the club spent is really fuck all in the equation.

Nothing has happened to fix the squad for this season. All we've done is sign a player for next summer and made a bid for a player who Monaco have previously said is not for sale and left it so late, his international manager will only give him till the end of today to complete the deal. If we actually make some signings and keep Coutinho, I will be happy, but right now I see nothing other than what we've seen all summer, bids for unobtainable players.
  • Upvote 1

What I find funny about baz's WUMMing is he's more fucking bothered about the size of Salah's fee. I couldnt give 2 fucks whether Salah cost more, the same or even fucking cheaper. The fact is we signed a boss player. How much he cost and what the club spent is really fuck all in the equation.

He’s not a WUM. He’s a good guy with a dislike of FSG that goes back a long way, from an email conversation or something. It has soured him some what.

Barry's got a point as usual, we're all happy with the Keita news but it does fuck all to remedy our paper thin squad for this season, let's hope the owners are going to do something about that in the next couple of days.

• Upvote 3

That's some of the Coutinho money spent for next summer. Top class footballer and I'm really glad we've signed him but they still aren't spending their own money. We've made a profit in the last four windows and the ridiculous tv deal is still in the coffers.

We're still being significantly short changed and unless a few more come in during the next few days I stand by my assessment - ambitionless shysters who don't want to spend their own money. They've only come to life in the last week after Champions League qualification.

We're still short for this season despite yesterday's excellence.

• Upvote 2

He’s not a WUM. He’s a good guy with a dislike of FSG that goes back a long way, from an email conversation or something. It has soured him some what.

Yeah, yeah. Its not WUMming because its baz. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck........