You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I'm happy to secure Keita but real ambition would have been to back Klopp prior to the CL qualifiers. Anyway, this is the next best thing so no moaning from me.

We did offer them 66m for him, mate. They told us to fuck off. Least we are getting him, most predicted that he’s be going elsewhere. I wonder how much the premium is?

We did offer them 66m for him, mate. They told us to fuck off. Least we are getting him, most predicted that he’s be going elsewhere. I wonder how much the premium is?

Fair enough but there's no real point going over old ground.  

For me they should have pushed the boat (this isn't a yacht pun) out before the CL qualifiers but as I say this is a sufficient way of doing business and I'm very optimistic about the future with Klopp.  

Brilliant news. It should go some way to putting some confidence back into the fans. It's a shame they couldn't get him here this season but I think you'd have to be pretty negative to say they clearly haven't tried. Paying a premium now to get the player shows they are trying to compete and aren't skinflinting on pennies to cost themselves good players.

We've had a lot of windows making a profit and not getting big name first team signings over the line whether it's a attracting them or not affording them. It makes it understandable that fans flip out and think the owners are taking the piss but for me it does prove that they have waited to get the champions league before trying to spend big on players that will improve us rather than buying more lower quality players to make a bigger squad and potentially wasting money. It's anyone's guess whether this philosophy has come from Klopp but I believe it has.

• Upvote 1

Depends on which source you read but with add-ons it’s going to go well over 40m, so yeah, I’m going with broken it twice.

Isn't that 40m Euros?

I'm not poo-pooing the spending, by the way.  I'm happy Klopp is getting his first choices even if it's taking over a year.