You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I wouldn't say it was easily. They put a price on his head and got it.

Also sounds a but Southampton like(any team but Barca). If they pay the fee amd we can gey the players we want sell him.

Spot on in my opinion. Don't worry about who we are selling to, unless they're direct league competitors, if we have an achievable plan for going forward and improving. We only sell on our terms, because we don't need to sell.

If I had to choose between VVD, Keita or Lemar you say?

VVD

Still think we're a striker short, and a wide man, but we would benefit most from a dominating presence in the team.

Keita. He'll help the defence and the midfield. I do really want VVD though.

Spot on in my opinion. Don't worry about who we are selling to, unless they're direct league competitors, if we have an achievable plan for going forward and improving. We only sell on our terms, because we don't need to sell.

Keita. He'll help the defence and the midfield. I do really want VVD though.

unfortunately this all reminds me of when my granddad used to talk about what he'd buy if he won the pools.
  • Upvote 2

Will Keita improve the defence? We only play with one DM and wing backs pushed up the pitch so I doubt even prime Makelele will help us on that front. I can see Keita helping the attack a lot which then makes the defence irrelevant.

He's not Henderson.

With Sturridge, Solanke, and Origi already occupying the bench, where would you insert Draxler? 

We should been all over Matuidi, but we weren't, so that's that.

I think we need three very good wingers, with pace, and Draxler adds to the options we have in Mane and Salah. They are both very good players but can't play every game.

Also, if Coutinho goes we need some creativity, and Draxler is able to offer that. I also like that he's bigger than most of the minions we have playing in the attacking positions. He's fast and skillful and could come here and do well.