You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

It's their owners who are buying Girona, not Man City the club itself. It's an addition to the owners' portfolio like the clubs they have in New York and Melbourne for example. Their owners aren't the first to do something like this either, what with the company Red Bull (Leipzig, Salzburg, New York etc) and the Pozzo family (Watford, Udinese etc) also owning multiple clubs.

No doubt this new Spanish club will be paying City for coaching,scouting etc like the rest. Its a front to pump millions into city and sort work permits etc

Its been noted numerous times before that the stories about us spending extravagant sums this summer coincided with the period for season ticket renewals and also around the time it looked like our CL qualification chances were up in the air.

The stories were quite clearly being fed to the likes of Pearce etc...

So its far from a stretch to assume FSG might be bullshitting a bit.

Yer Ma wears Ethel Austin underwear.

Was that filmed in the 80's? Jokes about people, groups, and stereotypes can be funny, but that's just route-one inanity.

About 2006/7 I think - repeated it in a few newspaper articles as well. Basically sounds like a stroppy cunt who considers himself an 'artist'. 

Irony being of course - he is very right-on regarding race etc. 

Brendon Burns can be a very funny comedian but he doesn't come across well there at all. He sometimes struggles with the right balance when being edgy. Scousers are definitely not his only target.

I realise that. For the record scousers can be funny as well. I'm hilarious. 

As a southerner my only problem with Scousers is understanding some of them with stronger accents.

I sometimes do get a bit Chris Rock, I'm fine with Liverpudlians but sometimes I can't abide the scousers & and their ket wigs. 

p.s. you big wool. 

I thought Brendan Jones was funny and hit a few spots. 

As an exiled scouser I get it all the time and you learn to live with it. Laugh it off blah blah.

The only time I lost it was in Newcastle on a work do when some Southern prick was interrupting me every time I spoke with 'Oooh here comes the Scouser, watch your wallets.'

Not just once but it must have been 10 times.

The last time was when he stopped me having a private conversation with someone I knew well and was working with on a big thing his opening line was ' You know he is only speaking to you so his mates an steal your hub caps.' 

I followed him to the bogs and though I would  like to pummel him to a pulp but instead I said nothing. Pissed next to him, whilst starring at him directly in the eyes. He shit a brick and hid in a corner for the rest of the night.

They may take the piss but Scousers, Geordies, Cokneys etc are not hard because were thy are born they are just working class. 

Which seems to be a forgotten word theses days.

Are all non-Scousers wools including the Thai and Madagascans or is it only English non-Scousers?

Might be a 'me' thing, my mates and i have always considered anyone not from Liverpool a wool. But, we seem to be in the minority. 

I always thought it was a 80's thing, but apparently not! 

I'm not arsed if you hate scousers. I 'hate' most people from most cities in England. But It does craw a little, when Burns and Brigstocke who are supposed to be 'liberal' and social inclusive, think it is okay to denigrate a city, in a way they would never do to a European city, or  an African country or city. 

But, meh. His wife fucked off so, haha. 

Plus, Aussies aren't that different from us. They can't wait to tell you how great Oz is, whilst not actually living there. 

I'm not arsed if you hate scousers. I 'hate' most people from most cities in England. But It does craw a little, when Burns and Brigstocke who are supposed to be 'liberal' and social inclusive, think it is okay to denigrate a city, in a way they would never do to a European city, or  an African country or city. 

But, meh. His wife fucked off so, haha. 

Plus, Aussies aren't that different from us. They can't wait to tell you how great Oz is, whilst not actually living there.

Was in a chippy on West Derby Rd many moons ago, early hours and pissed. Aussie fella in his 30's continually waffling about the weather and how great Australia is, I got fed up listening to him and told him to fuck off back there then. No punchline, he was just a boring cunt.

I thought Brendan Jones was funny and hit a few spots.

As an exiled scouser I get it all the time and you learn to live with it. Laugh it off blah blah.

The only time I lost it was in Newcastle on a work do when some Southern prick was interrupting me every time I spoke with 'Oooh here comes the Scouser, watch your wallets.'

Not just once but it must have been 10 times.

The last time was when he stopped me having a private conversation with someone I knew well and was working with on a big thing his opening line was ' You know he is only speaking to you so his mates an steal your hub caps.'

I followed him to the bogs and though I would like to pummel him to a pulp but instead I said nothing. Pissed next to him, whilst starring at him directly in the eyes. He shit a brick and hid in a corner for the rest of the night.

They may take the piss but Scousers, Geordies, Cokneys etc are not hard because were thy are born they are just working class.

Which seems to be a forgotten word theses days.

I'm guessing he was fearing something other than a battering.

• Upvote 2

Are all non-Scousers wools including the Thai and Madagascans or is it only English non-Scousers?

Back in the 80's and most of the 90's as far as i always saw it/heard it wools were people from places like Ormskirk, St Helens, Newton, Prescot even as far as Warrington etc.....basically the towns and places outside of Liverpool but within like 10 miles or so.

Over time though I think it has been used much more generically really brought IMO about by the massive increase in non scousers at the match..so over time non liverpool has become 'wool' as the local scouse fans started to use the term more broadly - and it has grown from there to be used more and more in day to day life to describe anyone not 'scouse'.