You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, with Neymar's imminent transfer in mind, has questioned how such an outlay is possible within the confines of UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules.

"There are clubs that can pay fees like that," he said. "Manchester City and PSG. Everyone knows that.

"I thought fair play was made so that situations like that can't happen. That's more of a suggestion than a real rule. I don't understand that. I don't know how it happens."

A UEFA spokesman said on Monday: "PSG must respect Financial Fair Play rules as do all other clubs in Europe. They must demonstrate that they do not have losses of more than €30m over three years."

If you have 20 mins to kill at lunch time the Saints Web is hilarious regarding VVD.. gone from love him to fuck off traitor in about 24 hours

Link below

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57504-Virgil-Transfer-Rumours-Summer-17&p=2518736#post2518736

It's almost sad to see the last vestiges of hope die in their little eyes, as some cling onto the fact that he hasn't said anything in public, or that he's not really on strike but the club merely chose not to play him. It's like the football equivalent of battered wife syndrome, and we've done it to them over successive windows.

The last act of the transfer pantomime is getting the fans to want a player gone just for the sake of resolution. Southampton's board, after initially fumbling their attempts at a bidding war, have played a blinder to likely get a bigger fee in the end. We're the bad guys, and they get to sell a player they were trying to sell but pretend they tried everything to keep.

The weird thing is to see how many insults Southampton fans have for us, yet I can't think of one I'd throw back, such is their inconsequential nature. Ah well, fuck 'em, we're all in the football food chain and even Barca can end up losing a player they wanted to keep.

• Upvote 1

Dazza has some inside info on Saints web... a forum that keeps on giving lol

​The second one they now all think is Ross Barkley!!

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Dazza82 viewpost-right.png

Been told of 2 incomings 1 is really close the other I find hard to believe seeing as he has been linked to aswell.

The one that is close is Danny Ings. The other one which I find hard to believe, but my source has been very good, is in the last year of his contract and won't be involved in his 1st team affairs where he is at the minute. He is an attacking mid aswell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

La Liga have this morning refused to accept an attempt by PSG and Neymar lawyers to pay the Brazilian’s release clause.

About five lawyers arrived at La Liga HQ  near Madrid airport this morning.

However, they left after only 15 minutes.

Yesterday, La Liga told Sky Sports News they would not accept the payment from PSG to trigger Neymar’s release clause.

A spokesman for the office of La Liga president Javier Tebas said: "We will not accept the money for the liberation clause, the reason is that we have doubts that this money is in accordance with UEFA Financial Fair Play rules."

Sorry was disagreeing with you. Quoted the wrong post. Fat thumbs on mobile site.

Haha - I thought that! 

Same as my Bro, he said we should have signed him! I'm one of those who doesn't see central striker as a problem. 

I'm sure if he wasn't a former Manc I may have been a bit more objective. 

Are some of them 6

Looserpool

LiverKrap

Fucking hell.

Didn't VVD sign a new contract with Celtic the year before they signed him

My favourite anti-us shout is "Analfield" which is patter from the Bloos quite a bit.  It's clever because it's not even a pun, doesn't sound anything like "Anfield" and has no basis other than that the term anal is rude. 

Looks like PSG are having trouble getting the neymar deal over the line. Buy out cheque taken to la liga today but rejected by the league as they consider it 'financial doping.'

This could turn out to be a defining transfer in more ways than one.