You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Forgive my ignorance but aren't Freddo's just frog shaped Cadbury chocolate therefore any Freddo chocolate drink would be just the Cadbury hot chocolate drink but with a picture of a frog on the jar?

You telling me it isn't real frog?

You are James Pearce!

The thing is where does Neymar go from PSG? No one else will pay his astronomical wages or will pay anywhere near what PSG will want back when he leaves them. After a year or two he'll realise that it's too easy in the league and they're not good enough or play competitively long enough to compete in the CL, he'll want to move again I think but where? He's stuck there now until his contract ends.

If he has any decency he'll return to Barca when he's done at PSG and play for free. The big filthy traitor.

Anyone saying Neymars not that good is crazy! Have you actually watched more than a handful of his games, he's amazing. He's a level down from Suarez and Messi and only Ronaldos goal scoring takes him above him but there's no one else in the world at the moment who comes close, I get people don't like him because he is a cock when he's playing and every opposition wants to kick fuck out of him for 90 mins and half the time still can't get near him.

He's going for double the world record fee. He's not that good.

The problem with this theory is that the values of players have gone absolutely insane this summer, making him worth every penny of the £200m.

Put it this way - is the best player in the world under 30 worth four times as much as an above-average English right back?

• Upvote 1

The problem with this theory is that the values of players have gone absolutely insane this summer, making him worth every penny of the £200m.

Put it this way - is the best player in the world under 30 worth four times as much as an above-average English right back?

That's not quite how it works, but even then, he's absolutely not worth the outrageous money in my view.

He's going for double the world record fee. He's not that good.

Everyone's prices are well over inflated and talking world record fees, I'd say he's achieved double of what Pogba has so far in their careers and is twice as good as him adding that this summer is crazy he is THAT good. None of these players are worth anywhere near what clubs are paying at the moment but if I had unlimited funds I'd rather pay £200m for Neymar than £90 for Pogba, plus Pogba this summer would actually be going for about £120-150m. Put it this way they are the same age roughly and people are saying judge Pogba in a year or two when he's fully developed, PSG are paying that for the finished article, Utd paid that for his current ability but also potential.

I'm not sure Suarez being a level above Neymar is a view held by anyone but Uruguay and Liverpool fans, who have only just begun to reluctantly accept that Luis might not be better than Messi.

Well other than liverpool and Uruguay fans, everyone else is fucking wrong! Aren't they? : )

• Upvote 2

PSG aren't actually buying him though are they. The Qatari government are paying him £300m to be a World Cup ambassador, £220m of that Neymar is using to buy out his contract, keeping the rest tax free, and is joining PSG on a fucking free transfer! Then he's going to get paid over 500K a week after tax for the next 5 years! The world is fucked.

• Upvote 1