You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Liverpool are ramping up their chase for Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, according to the Daily Mail.

The report suggests Saints are preparing for the Holland international's exit by bidding £12m for Lazio's Wesley Hoedt

So next year we will bid £70 million for Wesley Hoedt then!!

I thought the van dijk and keita saga was over now.

Liverpool are ramping up their chase for Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, according to the Daily Mail.

The report suggests Saints are preparing for the Holland international's exit by bidding £12m for Lazio's Wesley Hoedt

So next year we will bid £70 million for Wesley Hoedt then!!

It could be a cunning ploy to make us bid for Hoedt instead of Van Dijk.

The Express are claiming that Inter Milan are ready to try and tempt Sadio Mane away from Liverpool.

Seems reasonable enough. He’s good.

But then the report claims Inter are willing to spend £35million on the Senegalese.

He cost Liverpool £34m last summer from Southampton. Which, using my basic mathematical skills, means Inter regard him as having increased £1m in value over the last 12 months.

Okaaaaaaaaay...

Fuck off £35 million gets you his left big toe

I'm not fussed about Matic but as a general point it's a bit shit how we won't sign any older players except for Rickie Lambert.   It cuts us out of the market for some good players and needlessly limits our options.  There's probably some decent value to be had for players in the 25-29 age range but we're never in for them. 

Yep. I think we are mentally weak as a team - and I don't think it is a coincidence that by and large those whom you would rely upon to hold their nerve Lucas, Sturridge, Milner are older. 

I'd like Matuidi, Subotic (for Klavan), but you know they will get overlooked. 

Forward Liam Martin has agreed to join Southport, subject to international clearance.

Southport manager Alan Lewer said: "Liam's a really flexible player, he can play out wide or off the front man. He did very well over in Ireland."

"He played under Paul Cook in Ireland and we had a chat about him recently. He's got great character and we know he can score goals."

Local team signs foreign player!!

West Ham United transfer target Ryad Boudebouz is set to sign for Real Betis in the next few days. Allowed to leave Montpellier, the Algerian international will cost the La Liga side €8.5m (£7.6m). (L'Equipe)

• Marseille are looking for a centre forward. Linked with Arsenal's Olivier Giroud, they are also keen on AC Milan's Carlos Bacca. However, the French club are unwilling to match the €20m (£17.9m) asking price the Italians want for the Colombian forward. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
  • Juventus are unwilling to offer PSG €15m (£13.4m) for France international midfielder Blaise Matuidi. He has also been mentioned as an Arsenal transfer target. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

£13.4 million for Matuidi cannot be right

The Express are claiming that Inter Milan are ready to try and tempt Sadio Mane away from Liverpool.

Seems reasonable enough. He’s good.

But then the report claims Inter are willing to spend £35million on the Senegalese.

He cost Liverpool £34m last summer from Southampton. Which, using my basic mathematical skills, means Inter regard him as having increased £1m in value over the last 12 months.

Okaaaaaaaaay...

Fuck off £35 million gets you his left big toe

Fuck right off. Quadruple your offer then we still tell you to fuck off.

That Champions league playoff, that we spent all of last season working towards, is now two weeks away.

We should be able to beat any of the potential teams with the team that beat, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and City last season. 

The group stages and weekly grind of a full season, is a different matter. But, i'm not that arsed about the play off. We'll struggle/piss it regardless of new players.