You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I for one look forward to next summer when we have finished 6th and can't attract the right type of players.

They'll promise us that they'll stop at nothing to bring in the best talent available, leak stories of a £250M war chest and a list of players that are all desperate to work with Klopp.

Then after all the season tickets have been renewed we'll get hard luck tales of how they tried really, really hard to get our top targets but they were stopped in their tracks by unreasonable directors of football and greedy clubs.

• Upvote 5

They'll promise us that they'll stop at nothing to bring in the best talent available, leak stories of a £250M war chest and a list of players that are all desperate to work with Klopp.

Then after all the season tickets have been renewed we'll get hard luck tales of how they tried really, really hard to get our top targets but they were stopped in their tracks by unreasonable directors of football and greedy clubs.

Only one month to wait, then all will be revealed. Some spoiler tags would be helpful in this thread. 

Ha! It's all going to be okay.Adam Lallana: Fit Daniel Sturridge is like having two new Liverpool signings

Every member of staff or player should instantly be fined £10000 for using that phrase ever again. Absolute bollocks

You take our top 3 players out of our team and it's more or less dogshit. We don't just need 2 more signings, we needed at least 5 top quality additions.

No way can we compete on 4 fronts. It's a threadbare squad. They must have already mentally binned off the cups for next season. 

• Upvote 2

You take our top 3 players out of our team and it's more or less dogshit. We don't just need 2 more signings, we needed at least 5 top quality additions.

No way can we compete on 4 fronts. It's a threadbare squad. They must have already mentally binned off the cups for next season. 

I think we need a centre half, and a midfielder - the rest is just an opinion (Klopp clearly doesn't want to place Milner, Firmino or Mignolet). 

Nobody competes on 4 fronts mate, City will play the kids in the league cup (as will everyone else). Same with the early stages of the FA cup - that is what all the top 8 will do, even Bournmouth play a reserve side in the FA cup! 

That isn't an argument that I think holds. 

I think we need a centre half, and a midfielder - the rest is just an opinion (Klopp clearly doesn't want to place Milner, Firmino or Mignolet). 

Nobody competes on 4 fronts mate, City will play the kids in the league cup (as will everyone else). Same with the early stages of the FA cup - that is what all the top 8 will do, even Bournmouth play a reserve side in the FA cup! 

Considering the extra front we have is the CL, do you advocate playing the kids there too?

We were threadbare even with playing weakened domestic cup teams.

Considering the extra front we have is the CL, do you advocate playing the kids there too?

We were threadbare even with playing weakened domestic cup teams.

I didn't say that - I said no club competes on 4 fronts. We were theradbare due to injuries, no other reason. Even with the 'four' players some people want - we will still play the kids in the league cup and FA cup. 

I'd rather we didn't and tried to win a cup, but I think that is the way it is. 

I didn't say that - I said no club competes on 4 fronts. We were theradbare due to injuries, no other reason. Even with the 'four' players some people want - we will still play the kids in the league cup and FA cup. 

I'd rather we didn't and tried to win a cup, but I think that is the way it is.

When someone says about competing on 4 fronts that doesnt mean they expect us to win the quadruple you know, the squad was crippled last year with a few injuries (to injury prone players) as it is the squad is weaker so how the fuck anyone can be happy with that along with the added games is mad.

We need about 3 or 4 more players for the first team squad before the season starts. Anything less and were just hampering ourselves when the inevitable injuries come to those injury prone players.

When someone says about competing on 4 fronts that doesnt mean they expect us to win the quadruple you know, the squad was crippled last year with a few injuries (to injury prone players) as it is the squad is weaker so how the fuck anyone can be happy with that along with the added games is mad.

We need about 3 or 4 more players for the first team squad before the season starts. Anything less and were just hampering ourselves when the inevitable injuries come to those injury prone players.

I'm aware of that - which is why I never said anything of the kind (again). 

I agree with the rest. 

The league and FA Cups are held by top 8 clubs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nearly every club in the PL and even the top clubs in the Championship field weakened teams in the FA Cup all the way to the semi finals. Same to a lesser degree in the League Cup.

As he said, no club 'competes' on 4 fronts.