You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Walsh uses words as efficiently as we handle transfers.

He must have tossed a coin with Pearce to see who wrote that article.

And lost.

Re Danny Ings, if he suffers another huge injury set back it might be insurance time I'm afraid. That's 3 in his career so far. Hope he gets fit and stays fit like.

This was posted on the MF.

Sit back and enjoy. When you've stopped laughing (in despair), you may even wish to comment.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-begun-summer-transfer-window-13306148

Choice.

Don't worry.. Keita and VVD aren't really ready made are they? How many CL games do they between them... less than 10?

Ah. The last few years it's been hard to attract top players cos we weren't in the champions league. And now we're in the champions league it's hard to attract the top players because the top players are hard to sign.

Like a circle in a spiral

Like a wheel within a wheel

Never ending or beginning

On an ever spinning reel

As the images unwind

Like the circles that you find

In the windmills of your mind

• Upvote 3

I don't think we are having issues attracting people, both Van Dijk and Keita are reportedly very interested in joining. However, it seems an obvious truth that clubs are more reluctant to sell their top players than they are bang average ones. If I'm a gullible fool for believing that, then I'll get my jester hat.

• Upvote 3

I don't think we are having issues attracting people, both Van Dijk and Keita are reportedly very interested in joining. However, it seems an obvious truth that clubs are more reluctant to sell their top players than they are bang average ones. If I'm a gullible fool for believing that, then I'll get my jester hat.

Correct in my opinion. Even supposed smaller PL clubs do not need to sell their best players given the tv money sloshing around. Clubs like the Red Bull outfits also dont need to sell seeing as they are backed by wealthy conglomerates.

It seems like we are entering an era where players at such clubs have to agitate to leave. We've had it with the judas and later with Suarez so people who say if you advocate this type of action cant complain when our players do it. They've already done it. Maybe Phil will be next in 2 years time?

Isnt all just about 'playing the game' else miss out on your targets?

This is so boring. I'm glad I learned many years ago to just ignore as much as possible during the off-season because 95% is bullshit and boredom. Alas, I still find myself checking in every now and then expecting an update and ultimately being left disappointed. Never get too worked up about it all though, why waste any energy on something you cannot change.

This is so boring. I'm glad I learned many years ago to just ignore as much as possible during the off-season because 95% is bullshit and boredom. Alas, I still find myself checking in every now and then expecting an update and ultimately being left disappointed. Never get too worked up about it all though, why waste any energy on something you cannot change.

Doesn't that apply to the actual football season too?

Please can we stop presenting the ideas of 'supply and demand' and the 'free market economy' as being some sort bemusing new concepts that have suddenly popped up out of nowhere to everybody's utter astonishment?

I'm sick of these fucking smoke and mirrors bullshit falsities that get bandied out every fucking summer as an excuse. London, the CL, manager lacking pulling power, the stadium renovation, bore bore fucking bore.

Purchasing players has always been about bartering over transfer prices. Selling clubs rarely want to sell at the price buying clubs want to buy. Why are people presenting these facts as breaking news? The only distinct difference now is the massive inflation in the market, but that's fairly uniform.

If you're expecting to get the likes of 15m for Jordan Ibe, expect to be asked for 60-70m for VVD. If you want to compete, go spend the fucking money and get it done. It's as hard as we want to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 12

These fuckers spin a tremendous line in bullshit I must say. 

The only time I actually believe anything I read associated with the club now is when it says something along the lines of "Liverpool have decided to end their interest in player X, and Klopp is rumoured to be happy with the options he has at his disposal." 

I think this about sums it up.

We've got two very good players on the line. Time to reel them in. Their clubs don't want to let them go so it will be tricky, but I think we'll get there.