You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Im fuming about robertson so apologies about my moaning.

Wasnt he subbed off at half time when hull were 4-0 down to palace in the game that confirmed their relegation?

Utter, utter shite.

But im sure Jurgen was monitoring him at Dortmund whilst Robertson was tearing it up at Dundee after he tore it up in the scottish third division after he was released from celtic.

Of course, this could be press bs .....

So really you're questioning Klopp's judgement seeing as, you know, he's the one saying get this or that player signed up?

I have no issue with Robertson.

We probably would love someone like Mendy but 40ml and 200k a week for a LB is mental. If we get a first chouce CB and midfielder i understand going for a cheaper option at FB

So, an understudy to Milner, much like Chilwell would've been? It makes sense as long as we get the other areas sorted; if we do, then the onus on our fullbacks to create width will be lessened.

I wonder if we could try Clyne at LB though, given the assumed rise of TAA. Glen Johnson looked more positionally aware there as he had to engage his brain.

I hope we get Robertson. He is going to surprise quite alot of fans on here if we sign him.

I remember watching him for Hull 2 years ago and thinking he looked like a cracking young player then.

I'll admit i didn't see enough of him last year but he played really well against England in the recent qualifier. 

He has pace, a natural left foot and can pick out a pass. He will give us width when we attack and is quick enough to recover when we lose the ball. He'll be good and a lot better than some of you think on here. Don't worry.

If he had a CB like VVD next to him it would be even better, both are quick. I hope we get VVD too. There aren't many CB's with power, pace, height/good in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Kieta, i knew very little of but his highlights on youtube do make you sit up and notice what all the fuss is about. He looks like a cracking player, box to box, two footed, quick, skillful and really dynamic. I just don't see that transfer happening though, which is a real shame....we need a CM who can pass the ball forwards!

Oh and to all the cunts shitting themselves because united just signed Hesky. Fuck him, he is shit. Yes he will score goals but he's just a big strong CF, not a game changer. They already had Zlatan, who scored plenty and they still finished 6th.

100 million for Lukaku?! Hahahaha

Everton have fucked over united again and again. Moyes, Fellaini and now Heskey. They are filling their team with utter shite and they won't be winning the league next year.

If we got Robertson, VVD and Keita + Salah we will be right up there challenging. 

As long as we get Keita and VVD, I couldn't give a fuck about Robertson, Ox or anyone else.

This is how I feel. If we get Keita and VVD I wouldn't even be arsed if we went into next season with Albert the Moron backing up Milner again.

If we get everything else right then we'll be right up there regardless of who is playing left back. We almost won the league in 2014 with Cissokho playing half the season and Flanno playing the other.

• Upvote 2

This is how I feel. If we get Keita and VVD I wouldn't even be arsed if we went into next season with Albert the Moron backing up Milner again.

If we get everything else right then we'll be right up there regardless of who is playing left back. We almost won the league in 2014 with Cissokho playing half the season and Flanno playing the other.

Moreno is a goner as soon as we get the right price. Bonkers that there is more than one club interested.

Robertson would be cheap and is still young. We need to get LB sorted either in January or next summer.

Instead of going for Ox, I would rather like to see us do a deal for Zaha using Sakho as bait.

But as I said, don't give a fuck if we get Keita and VVD.

I hope we get Robertson. He is going to surprise quite alot of fans on here if we sign him.

I remember watching him for Hull 2 years ago and thinking he looked like a cracking young player then.

I'll admit i didn't see enough of him last year but he played really well against England in the recent qualifier.

He has pace, a natural left foot and can pick out a pass. He will give us width when we attack and is quick enough to recover when we lose the ball. He'll be good and a lot better than some of you think on here. Don't worry.

If he had a CB like VVD next to him it would be even better, both are quick. I hope we get VVD too. There aren't many CB's with power, pace, height/good in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Kieta, i knew very little of but his highlights on youtube do make you sit up and notice what all the fuss is about. He looks like a cracking player, box to box, two footed, quick, skillful and really dynamic. I just don't see that transfer happening though, which is a real shame....we need a CM who can pass the ball forwards!

Oh and to all the cunts shitting themselves because united just signed Hesky. Fuck him, he is shit. Yes he will score goals but he's just a big strong CF, not a game changer. They already had Zlatan, who scored plenty and they still finished 6th.

100 million for Lukaku?! Hahahaha

Everton have fucked over united again and again. Moyes, Fellaini and now Heskey. They are filling their team with utter shite and they won't be winning the league next year.

If we got Robertson, VVD and Keita + Salah we will be right up there challenging.

And yep again.

Give us some good news then, Skip

So really you're questioning Klopp's judgement seeing as, you know, he's the one saying get this or that player signed up?

I would be at odds with Jurgen if he thinks that Robertson is the player we need to take us forward and i would also be at odds with him if he wanted to go into this season with JM as first choice with Robertson as his under study, spending £8m on a player who has been released by celtic, and came back from 3rd division scottish football to dundee, securing a move to hull who yo yo'd between the championship and the premier league, being relegated and substituted at half time in the game that decided that relegation v crystal palace, at half time, 4-0 down.

This is not a player who is going to take us to league or champions league success. Arsenal signed kolasinac for free, clichy is also is on a free. Both vastly superior players, so i find the arguement that taking robertson as a cheap alternative so that we can concentrate on the big deals as somewhat surprising.

He wont surprise anyone, other than me, and only if he is any better than konchesky.

Then there is the question of whether we will actually do the big deals in the first place.

I would be at odds with Jurgen if he thinks that Robertson is the player we need to take us forward and i would also be at odds with him if he wanted to go into this season with JM as first choice with Robertson as his under study, spending £8m on a player who has been released by celtic, and came back from 3rd division scottish football to dundee, securing a move to hull who yo yo'd between the championship and the premier league, being relegated and substituted at half time in the game that decided that relegation v crystal palace, at half time, 4-0 down.

This is not a player who is going to take us to league or champions league success. Arsenal signed kolasinac for free, clichy is also is on a free. Both vastly superior players, so i find the arguement that taking robertson as a cheap alternative so that we can concentrate on the big deals as somewhat surprising.

He wont surprise anyone, other than me, and only if he is any better than konchesky.

Then there is the question of whether we will actually do the big deals in the first place.

He played for Dundee Utd, not Dundee.

A few years ago, we had Steve Finnan at right back. A player that had been up and down the divisions including the conference. We signed him from an uninspiring Fulham team. There is value to be had, not that we have had a great habit of looking in the right places for it.

A few years ago, we had Steve Finnan at right back. A player that had been up and down the divisions including the conference. We signed him from an uninspiring Fulham team. There is value to be had, not that we have had a great habit of looking in the right places for it.

I agree, and i thought that finnan was good before he joined. Could use both feet and contributed in attack whilst being reasonably solid.

Ive watched a bit of robertson and i cant see one decent aspect to his game.

We should not be shopping at his level. Who is worse as a starter for any PL club? Factor in our supposed target of being competitive in this league, getting top 4 again and having a decent cl run and it becomes all the more confusing.

Gotze is his own man. Our pull as a football club is not dependent on Mario Gotze and what he feels is the right choice for his career. If he chose to stay in the Bundesliga that's his decision. He could've made that decision based on any number of factors totally unrelated to our pulling power as a club. 

He might've wanted to go back home. He might've wanted to stay in the Bundesliga because he's more comfortable in that surrounding. He might not fancy moving to England. His girlfriend might not want to move. He might not speak English. There's so many variables you're not accounting for. 

We don't actually know what happened. The official story is Klopp got bored waiting around and moved on Mane instead. So it's ambiguous whether he rejected us or not. Mane was signed before Gotze signed for Dortmund.

Besides it's not even the same scenario as this summer so it's apples and oranges. We'll be in the Champions League if we win our qualifier and we have more money than Dortmund.

This post is so ironic. Almost all your posts on here are about how awful we are in the transfer market because FSG fuck around with wages and that they don't know what they're doing but I give you a concrete example where we offered a player more than generous wages, and now you want to look at the "variables"?

Why aren't we talking about the variables in the Keita deal, then? Maybe he's confortable in Leipzig, maybe the Chairman is being completely unreasonable, maybe he wants assured CL football and not just to play in a qualifier? I don't see these variables being accounted for when most people on here, including you, go apeshit that this deal isn't done when it's only July 9. 

• Upvote 2

Its weird how some fans would be at odds with a professional manager, especially one who has put together a twice Bundesliga title winners and Champions League Finalist but, hey ho. Seems some fans think they know better.

Ive got to laugh that because a player was release by one club he's suddenly shite. Just what the fuck 3rd division in scotland has to do with anything after he spent a full season in the PL escapes me. Yeah, hull got relegated (not really a surprise considering the internal politics over the last couple of seasons and them starting the season with hardly any team) but they managed to beat us at their gaffe without conceeding if I remember. But hey ho.

I really had to stiffle my laugh over the clichy suggestion. Fuck me, how desparate are some people?

I'll put my faith in Jurgen over any internet contributor, including myself. Whether the club does the deals is beyond the manager in the sense he cant click his fingers (or stamp his feet) and get the deal done.

If we sign Robertson, while not my first choice, so be it. There's been some decent left/full backs signed from lesser clubs or playing at lesser clubs. Baines went to Everton from Wigan. Cresswell is decent at West Ham. Bertrand milled around on loan as he was deemed not top level. We signed Rob Jones from Crewe.

There's no need for snobbery. He's not necessarily shit because he plays for Hull. He might be shit anyway, irrespective of who he plays for.

If we sign Robertson, while not my first choice, so be it. There's been some decent left/full backs signed from lesser clubs or playing at lesser clubs. Baines went to Everton from Wigan. Cresswell is decent at West Ham. Bertrand milled around on loan as he was deemed not top level. We signed Rob Jones from Crewe.

There's no need for snobbery. He's not necessarily shit because he plays for Hull. He might be shit anyway, irrespective of who he plays for.

You're dealing with people who know how many shits robertson took yesterday.

That level of detail.

This post is so ironic. Almost all your posts on here are about how awful we are in the transfer market because FSG fuck around with wages and that they don't know what they're doing but I give you a concrete example where we offered a player more than generous wages, and now you want to look at the "variables"?

Why aren't we talking about the variables in the Keita deal, then? Maybe he's confortable in Leipzig, maybe the Chairman is being completely unreasonable, maybe he wants assured CL football and not just to play in a qualifier? I don't see these variables being accounted for when most people on here, including you, go apeshit that this deal isn't done when it's only July 9. 

Can't you see that the scenarios are different? If the press, the people close to Keita, his ex national coach are all saying he's agreed personal terms and wants the move how is that the same as Gotze last season?

If you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore the countless other times FSG being dickheads has cost us players like Salah (the first time) Alli, Dempsey, Alex Teixeira, Konoplyanka, Mkhitaryan, Guerreiro etc etc etc.... then that's on you.

The reality is both players want the move. We've infuriated Southampton (just like we did Udinese last season for Zielinski) by feeding stories to the press that he only wants a move to us. This was done by the owners with the sole intention of driving the price of the player down and stopping a bidding war. 

They have a long storied history of thinking they are smarter than others in the market and it blowing up in their faces. So much so it's a running joke within the fanbase how badly they're going to fuck up each window because they do it every single time like clockwork. Low and behold by June we're cravenly apologising to Southampton for illegally tapping Van Dijk up. What a surprise!

There's only one thing stopping both deals being done today... money. Southampton will sell between £50-£60m and Leipzig will sell for £70m, maybe a bit less. They're posturing about not selling any of their players. Keita has a release clause that activates for £48m next season and they won't want him going to a domestic rival.

So what's the excuse? You say it's our pulling power, i say "bullshit!". It's solely down to money, as always with these cheapskates. 

• Upvote 5