You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

What date did we sign Salah? Pretty sure it was before 5 days ago. The window means fuck all because deals can be done in principal and the players registration just transfers once the window opens.

Given how the other 2 'negotiations' have been going for vvd and Keita and our history to drag deals out and fuck them up can you honestly say we're set to bring I what we need?

How have they been going?

What date did we sign Salah? Pretty sure it was before 5 days ago. The window means fuck all because deals can be done in principal and the players registration just transfers once the window opens.

Given how the other 2 'negotiations' have been going for vvd and Keita and our history to drag deals out and fuck them up can you honestly say we're set to bring I what we need?

I can honestly say that none of us have any fucking idea, because there's still nearly 2 months left, if that helps?

• Upvote 1

We didn't start negotiations or make an offer for the first but still apologised for being incompetent twats.

We haven't started negotiations or made an offer for the second. Just an apology to go.

I think we'd be suprised at the negotiations going on and an offical bid tends not to be the start of it.

Ultimately we haven't got a clue whats going on and the constant extrapolation of tweets and snippets of news is getting fucking boring.

We should all just accept that we won't be happy whatever the outcome and be done with it

Klopp has pretty much told us he's keeping nearly all last years squad. Keepers are the same. He's looking to bring in a 1st choice centre back van dijk, a back up left back robertson or someone , a 1st choice midfielder keita and he's bought a wide player who can play either side. He might get oxlade-chamberlain for the midfield too.

Id be pretty pissed if we signed a back up left back like Robertson. A player who is less able than JM, who is playing completely out of position, heading into a season that i hope will include champions league matches.

Mamadou Sakho has deal with Crystal Palace as Liverpool wait on £30m offer, by @MelissaReddy_

Sakho remains Palace's top target &, having ascertained his willingness to commit to them, talks are expected to continue. (@MelissaReddy_)

Liverpool believe the price for Sakho is fair given his pedigree and his instrumental performances at Palace last season. (@MelissaReddy_)

Palace are hoping the Reds soften their stance over the Frenchman, who has been undertaking fitness work at Melwood. (@MelissaReddy_)

Sakho has been valued at £30m by Liverpool. Palace are waiting to launch a formal bid despite claiming the fee is too high. (@MelissaReddy_)

Doesn't seem like we have any alternatives to Keita and VVD. Should the worst happen and we get neither I hope to God we don't have the attitude of " we'll make do with what we've got" and not sign anyone else. To do so would be beyond stupid imo. We need a bigger squad.

Only a week before we get hopefully exposed as a defensive nightmare against Tranmere in a pre-season friendly that will make or break our season. Either we sign Keita and Virgil van Dijk before this match or we may as well start writing our letters in.

Mamadou Sakho has deal with Crystal Palace as Liverpool wait on £30m offer, by @MelissaReddy_

Sakho remains Palace's top target &, having ascertained his willingness to commit to them, talks are expected to continue. (@MelissaReddy_)

Liverpool believe the price for Sakho is fair given his pedigree and his instrumental performances at Palace last season. (@MelissaReddy_)

Palace are hoping the Reds soften their stance over the Frenchman, who has been undertaking fitness work at Melwood. (@MelissaReddy_)

Sakho has been valued at £30m by Liverpool. Palace are waiting to launch a formal bid despite claiming the fee is too high. (@MelissaReddy_)

Does she get paid by the tweet?

Doesn't seem like we have any alternatives to Keita and VVD. Should the worst happen and we get neither I hope to God we don't have the attitude of " we'll make do with what we've got" and not sign anyone else. To do so would be beyond stupid imo. We need a bigger squad.

To go into next season with this squad would be negligent - it could barely handle 3 comps and we surrendered our fa cup spot....4 comps would see us in all sorts of trouble without significant additions.

I can't believe we would be so stupid as to not add those significant additions.