You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Klopp seems to believe we can get by with this bomb load of attacking midfielders and wide forwards - i suppose it can be argued that goalscoring wasn't a massive problem for us last season but i would personally like to see a genuine proper striker as the focal point of our attack.

I thought a lack of clinicalness was an issue many times last season, we might have scored a lot over the season, but there we way too many game we struggled to score. It's no important more than our ability to defend like 12 year old girls, but it was an issue. I'd swap anyone of Sturridge, origi or ings in a heartbeat.
  • Upvote 3

I thought a lack of clinicalness was an issue many times last season, we might have scored a lot over the season, but there we way too many game we struggled to score. It's no important more than our ability to defend like 12 year old girls, but it was an issue. I'd swap anyone of Sturridge, origi or ings in a heartbeat.

I tend to agree

Just had a look on the Villa forums. The pathetic gratitude with which Terry's signing had been greeted almost twanged my heartstrings. Almost. Then I began to laugh at this burgeoning idea they all have, that he will lead then back to the PL.

Just had a look on the Villa forums. The pathetic gratitude with which Terry's signing had been greeted almost twanged my heartstrings. Almost. Then I began to laugh at this burgeoning idea they all have, that he will lead then back to the PL.

He's promised never to play against Chelsea. Such is his faith in Villa getting promoted.

I didn't realise that Ramsay's contract is up next year too. Now that's a more interesting proposition. A goalscoring midfielder with the ability to set the tempo.

Sturridge, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsay. Are you an LFC physiotherapist?

I didn't realise that Ramsay's contract is up next year too. Now that's a more interesting proposition. A goalscoring midfielder with the ability to set the tempo.

Isn't he quite injury prone?  I don't think he's all that superior to any of our current options.

Also, he seems another polite Nivea soul.