You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I've never understood how Spurs allegedly get away with paying less wages than everybody else at the top. Surely they must be doing something on image rights or up front fees etc. as these ' kill their grandma ' agents are not going to say ' Yes that's fine we will take half of what we can get from United as we realise you have a lot of outgoings at the moment '.

If we signed Keita our first choice midfield would be him, Coutinho and Can/Henderson with Firmino as the central striker flanked by Mane to the right and Salah to the left.

I reckon we'd be seeing Lallana in the centre for Coutinho, him switched out left and Mane taking Firminho's centre forward slot before we'd see Origi, let alone Sturridge.

Obviously lots of ifs and buts and daresay we won't sign Keita, but reckon that is Klopp's plan, personally.

So the stories are we won't sell Sturridge because it will cost too much to replace him.

If true that really is yet another damning reflection on our ambition.

Sell useless crock who hardly plays and spend big money on a top replacement.....Not for us, no.

Still confident we get both Keita and VVD. Keita wears number 8.

We'll resign Can.

AOC 60/40 we get him too.

We'll sign a makeshift LB, poss Robertson, and offload Einstein.

Studge stays and lays in a forward rotation with Bobby, Origi and Solanke, with Firmino very much the main man.

I think may be sold cheap.

Those are my predictions, I'd be chuffed going into next season with that squad.

• Upvote 2

Substitutes

Karius

Gomez

Grujic

Moreno

Brewster

Woodburn

Alexander-Arnold

One of our benches from the back end of last season....it is also worth noting that Lucas started in this game.

This kind of situation happened a lot last season and happened a lot to a side that wasn't even in Europe.

With the demands of European footy we are going to be stretched even more - you can bet we'll get at least and probably more injuries than we did last season with the extra demands and given how injury prone so many of our players are....so we should for me be looking at half a dozen first team squad ready players to be brought in.

• Upvote 2

I think Sturridge could be very important next season and agree that getting a player of comparable quality for a decent fee would prove incredibly difficult. He's never going to be fit every week but to be fair to him he has been available for over 70-75% of games in the past 18 months. I can see him being a key player in the home and away games against the bottom 10, particularly after European game, he's great at finding space and getting a shot off against the deep lying shite.

• Upvote 2

It does not cost a lot to replace a man who has contributed 15 pl goals in the last 3 full seasons.

It costs a lot to replace a Suarez but that didn't stop us selling did it....

This is just another example of how fsg won't properly invest money to really compete so Klopp has to keep a player he clearly does not trust and who adds fuck all of note to our cause.

Its all a load of bollocks. If there was a buyer, he would be gone. Klopp doesnt rate him. Klopp even prefers to play without a forward than him.

Unfortunately weve held onto him too long and now everyone knows he's shit and slow as fuck on the rare occasions he's fit.

Its all a load of bollocks. If there was a buyer, he would be gone. Klopp doesnt rate him. Klopp even prefers to play without a forward than him.

Unfortunately weve held onto him too long and now everyone knows he's shit and slow as fuck on the rare occasions he's fit.

Nice to meet you Mrs Origi. 

• Upvote 1

There is just no reasonable logic that says keep him.

15 pl goals in 3 seasons - there are centre halves who add more goals than that. It does not matter why it is case the fact it is the case is all that matters.

Is unfit for prolonged spells year in year out so can't be relied on.

Manager has already on numerous occasions shown he does not trust him has chosen not to select him time and time again.

He eats up 150k a week in wages.

A top class replacement like Aubamayeng would likely cost just 30m more than what we could sell him for and not much more in wages. Bournemouth are spending 20m on centre halves at moment....

Even if Klopp does not want to buy another striker/feel he needs one hey get rid of this waster and use the 25m or so and millions of wages to address a problem elsewhere in squad...there are plenty that need fixing.

There may be a belief he can turn it around and suddenly be fit and firing....he won't be - 3 solid years of fuck all is a downward spiral you don't reverse. Souness nailed it when he was warming up with rest of side at back end of last season and they were all doing high kicks - Sturridge was barely getting leg off ground.

Just sell and use the 150k a week and whatever fee we get to add somebody who will help us....there will come a time we'll say we need him next season if we keep him and he will inevitably not be there for us.....he won't be first choice either so just jib him.

What we going to do let him leave for fuck all when his contract runs down?

His performances both starting and coming off the bench showed the absolute gulf in quality between him and Origi was, we looked infinitely dangerous and sharper with him on the pitch. The last 2 games he started we scored 7 goals having struggled to get more than one a game in the previous 6 weeks. He's still an absolutely quality option, last season is skewed in that he was fit for the most part, just the team was playing so well he and wasn't getting picked. He got injured at an unfortunate time and thus we were relying on Origi and Lallana out wide.

• Upvote 2

I agree with Clarence's comments about Sturridge being the most natural striker in the team, movement wise.

A lot of Firmino's movement is into the channels or back toward his own goal. Sturridge tries to get in behind or in the gaps between centre back and full back.

But, let's not kid ourselves. He's fucked. He's all but done as a top level player. Far too unreliable. And he can't run at full pelt anymore.

We scored a few more goals with him in the team at the end of the season. But, that was against an injury depleted West Ham and a poor Middlesbrough.

I'd get rid. Get his wages off the books. Try and get a half decent fee. Talk of £25-30m is mad. We'd be lucky to get £15m. £10m would be my guess.

We should be all over Lacazette, if the rumoured price that Arsenal are paying is accurate.

I agree with Clarence's comments about Sturridge being the most natural striker in the team, movement wise.

A lot of Firmino's movement is into the channels or back toward his own goal. Sturridge tries to get in behind or in the gaps between centre back and full back.

But, let's not kid ourselves. He's fucked. He's all but done as a top level player. Far too unreliable. And he can't run at full pelt anymore.

We scored a few more goals with him in the team at the end of the season. But, that was against an injury depleted West Ham and a poor Middlesbrough.

I'd get rid. Get his wages off the books. Try and get a half decent fee. Talk of £25-30m is mad. We'd be lucky to get £15m. £10m would be my guess.

We should be all over Lacazette, if the rumoured price that Arsenal are paying is accurate.

"Lucky to get £15m". As if. Have you seen the state of the market? 

• Upvote 1