You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

That Martin's story is on BBC radio news. Crikey, maybe is has some legs.

It'll have legs alright....weeks of 'we have offered this and they want that' 'lfc won't be held to ransom' 'sporting say lfc will need to pay this' etc before he signs for spurs.

This De Vrij sounds perfect for us:

His second season began with the 2015 Supercoppa Italiana, playing the full 90 minutes of a 2–0 loss to Juventus in Shanghai.[13] In September, he picked up a knee injury on international duty but was passed fit to play a further match for the Netherlands, infuriating Lazio's medical staff.[14] He did not make a sufficient recovery, and the following month, was subjected to an operation.[15] In November, it was confirmed that he would miss the next six months due to the injury.[16]

So so LFC.

"We can match Man City and Chelsea". Oh shit he wants to sign for us- quick, someone leak the conversations so we can be done for an illegal approach."We apologize to Southampton and withdraw our interest in VVD"

"Termas have been agreed with Salah. Negotiations continue with Roma regarding the fee". Oh shit they might accept a reasonable offer."Negotiations have broken down down and we are moving on to other targets".

Meanwhile, Man City, Bam Bam Bam, thank you very much, signings done.

• Upvote 4

So we've moved on from Salah and moved onto our second choice, who will cost more?

Only a set of dumb bastards like Liverpool can think paying more for your second choice than your first choice makes sense.

DUMB BASTARDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said that earlier on in this thread, it's a weird scatter gun approach in which if you can't buy your first choice and it rumbles on for months you then go out and pay more for your second choice and get the deal done within days. Like I said earlier, we are dreadful at buying players.

So so LFC.

"We can match Man City and Chelsea". Oh shit he wants to sign for us- quick, someone leak the conversations so we can be done for an illegal approach."We apologize to Southampton and withdraw our interest in VVD"

"Termas have been agreed with Salah. Negotiations continue with Roma regarding the fee". Oh shit they might accept a reasonable offer."Negotiations have broken down down and we are moving on to other targets".

Meanwhile, Man City, Bam Bam Bam, thank you very much, signings done.

This may be closer to the truth than people think. Wouldn't put it past these lot at all.

• Upvote 1

"Liverpool have bid €17m for Stefan de Vrij (Sky Italia)

Lazio want €30m"

Average and relatively cheap wages, funny "back up" to have for a club pretending they could sign any centre back in the world.

This shit was so easy to see through

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why people build their hopes up. I jokingly said to my brother that FSG will be hoping we don't make top 4 as we would need to spend money to compete. I wasn't expecting them to go and do this shit. Anyways, it's best to close this thread and do anything but trawl transfer pages for the next 10 weeks.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure why people build their hopes up. I jokingly said to my brother that FSG will be hoping we don't make top 4 as we would need to spend money to compete. I wasn't expecting them to go and do this shit. Anyways, it's best to close this thread and do anything but trawl transfer pages for the next 10 weeks.

Meanwhile the club who finished 5th is signing quality a left back and making 100m bids for a sought after forward.

Guess you dont need champions league football to not be paupers after all.

FSG 10 steps to (not) signing a player.

1. Tap up a player

2. Unsettle the player

3. Leak some news to local journalists

3. Bid low

4. Get offended when the club reject it

5. End interest

6. Blame the other club

7. Move on to another target

8. Go back to step 1 and repeat process until the end of transfer window

9. Write an apology letter

10. Declare a player who's recovering from a medium-to-long term injury "just like a new signing"

• Upvote 1

FSG 10 steps to (not) signing a player.

1. Tap up a player

2. Unsettle the player

3. Leak some news to local journalists

3. Bid low

4. Get offended when the club reject it

5. End interest

6. Blame the other club

7. Move on to another target

8. Go back to step 1 and repeat process until the end of transfer window

9. Write an apology letter