You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Our transfer business was looking smart and incisive, now it's looks pretty damn amateurish once again.

well, either that, or we're doing what Liverpool supporters do best - veer hysterically and irrationally between unjustified euphoria and deep depression.

'tis a thin line between love and hate.

well, either that, or we're doing what Liverpool supporters do best - veer hysterically and irrationally between unjustified euphoria and deep depression.

'tis a thin line between love and hate.

Yeah, back in Australia.. Because of the time difference, I used to just catch up on all the news first thing in the morning. Made following transfer sagas a lot easier and simpler, less of a roller coaster.

Are other clubs as bad as us at buying players?

The contrast between us buying and selling players is crazy, we're elite at selling players, we normally get over the odds for players even players we don't really need or want.

Buying however, were abysmal, we seem to piss every team we deal with off, that's no coincidence at all, when it's time for FSG to make money they're the best negotiators in the world but when it's time to part with money they either turn into amateurs or they're doing it on purpose.

The contrast between us buying and selling players is crazy, we're elite at selling players, we normally get over the odds for players even players we don't really need or want.

Buying however, were abysmal, we seem to piss every team we deal with off, that's no coincidence at all, when it's time for FSG to make money they're the best negotiators in the world but when it's time to part with money they either turn into amateurs or they're doing it on purpose.

Did you expect him to say I want to play for Liverpool and be signed by the following day?

Did you expect him to say I want to play for Liverpool and be signed by the following day?

It's not just about Van Dijk though is it? How many times have we heard this? And that clubs are pissed off with the way we conduct ourselves.

You understand how negotiations work right? We say 30 they say 40 we either reach a compromise or decide to move on. If we were to just pay whatever they ask we'd be terrible negotiators.

The prefered method here seems to be they say 40 we say 60 just to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

We're not really are we?

Aside from Ibe, where exactly have we done well?

Sterling was the minimum I'd expect from a 'rival'. Everton made more out of Stones for fucks sake. And Suarez was a giveaway.

I may be missing something but I've heard this a few times and I just don't see it.

We're shit all round.

I remember Origi being shown around several clubs, including us, like he was the next Henry.

Not sure the relevance of the above but I felt like saying it.

Cheers. Thanks. Bye   

Dear Dave, 

Thanks for your letter dated 7 June.

I also agree with your opinion on Origi, and I'm glad you said it.

All the best, stay in touch

Funnneeeee

It's not just about Van Dijk though is it? How many times have we heard this? And that clubs are pissed off with the way we conduct ourselves.

If clubs are pissed off with us, it might be because they dont see us as an elite club anymore as they do with city, united and chelsea. arsenal rarely buy from English clubs. The clubs we buy from dont see us as being that much different from them in the scheme of things.

Man Utd have been all over the news with Griezman and Morata. 

Your recollection of something isn't an indication of the frequency it occurs, you're more tuned in to things relating to liverpool and so give them a higher weighting while disregarding the same things relating to other clubs. It's availability heuristics.

I moaned the other day about our public transfers dragging on. Then, all of the sudden, i look like a right plonker with the news that VVD was signing, betting suspended.

Thanks LFC and your mouthpieces at the Echo, you have saved my internet reputation

Man Utd have been all over the news with Griezman and Morata.

Your recollection of something isn't an indication of the frequency it occurs, you're more tuned in to things relating to liverpool and so give them a higher weighting while disregarding the same things relating to other clubs. It's availability heuristics.

I don't doubt that is largely true and have said as much myself in the past - but i also do think that there is sone truth in us being bad negotiators/dragging things out more than others seem to...even allowing for you being right in what you say.