You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Faouzi Ghoulam Napoli left back.

Breaking Twitter. Hardly watch any Italian footy, no idea what the lady's like tbh.

I've seen him play a couple of times this year in the CL. He looks athletic and quite big for a full back. I like him.

Dembele will cost over 30ml.

He could turn into a star but this is the worst the Scottish league has been for a long long time and outside of Celtic im not sure many of the clubs would even get near promotion from the championship. Remember this is a league that Scott Sinclair has just scored 21 goals in and Leigh Griffiths scored 40 in 51 last year

Well we are supposed to be paying around 70 million for an ex Celtic centre half who we could have bought for a fraction of that when he left Celtic.

Well we are supposed to be paying around 70 million for an ex Celtic centre half who we could have bought for a fraction of that when he left Celtic.

But then VVD has looked great since and would still have cost half of what theyll want for Dembele. Would you pay 20ml for Sinclair who outscored him?

But then VVD has looked great since and would still have cost half of what theyll want for Dembele. Would you pay 20ml for Sinclair who outscored him?

Ive been impressed by Dembele when I've seen him but he hasnt played in the PL while Sinclair has. I'd buy Dembele but at a sensible price.

BBC reporting we've contacted Benfica about Gelson Martins. Anyone know much about him?

I don't follow Liga NOS much, but from what I've heard he was born in Praia, Cape Verde, Martins moved to Portugal in his teens and played youth football with C.F. Benfica and Sporting Clube de Portugal. In March 2014, he was promoted to the B-team of the latter and signed a contract extension until 2019, with a release clause of €45 million;[1] during his youth spell, his goal against C.F. União de Coimbra earned the praise of many,[2] but his coach at Sporting B eventually said he was being "harmed" by not playing in his preferred position as winger.[3]

Gelson made his debut as a professional on 24 August 2014, coming on as a late substitute for Lewis Enoh in a 1−0 away win against S.C. Olhanense for the Segunda Liga championship.[4] On 21 December he scored his first goal in the competition, contributing to a 3−1 success at Vitória de Guimarães B.[5]

Martins was promoted to Sporting's main squad in the 2015 summer, by new manager Jorge Jesus.[6] He made his competitive debut on 9 August, playing injury time in a 1−0 win over S.L. Benfica for the Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira.[7]

Martins first appeared in the Primeira Liga on 14 August 2015, playing one minute in a 2−1 success against newly promoted C.D. Tondela.[8] On 15 January of the following year, against the same opponent, he scored Sporting's 5000th goal in the competition, putting the hosts ahead in an eventual 2−2 draw.[9]

• Upvote 2