You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

If being linked to players had no effect, there wouldn't be a transfer thread. Of course it has an effect. Everyone feels the excitement when we are linked to new players, especially if they are perceived to be a quality addition and even more so if we know other clubs had them in their sights and they end up signing for us, *(which hardly ever happens). The problem is that no one in their right  mind actually believes the shyte printed about us matching anyone in a bidding war. We are working on the cheap and looking for bargains while pretending we have a shed load of cash and we're just choosy. 

Yeah, because the Reds would send Buvac and an interpreter to do their tapping up of players. Fucking hell, taxi drivers eh?

Maybe we want to sign barkley's dad to get a bit of experience in the midfield?

An Evertonian colleague of mine also seems convinced that Barkley is coming to us. He thinks he's a childhood red and would run his contract down if it meant he could sign for us. I usually give him my best askance look.

There was always loads of rumours when he was 1st breaking through he was a red. It would be worth him signing for us and admitting that just for the fume. Can you imagine it?

Not that I'm on Twitter, but it appears to have gone off. VVD has "chosen" us and MS seems nailed on too. Maybe premature, and I am very sceptical about paying £50m for a defender when we need a top class striker, but, if accurate, might stop the anti-FSG brigade for a short while.

Just go get Keita and Aubameyang now

Not that I'm on Twitter, but it appears to have gone off. VVD has "chosen" us and MS seems nailed on too. Maybe premature, and I am very sceptical about paying £50m for a defender when we need a top class striker, but, if accurate, might stop the anti-FSG brigade for a short while.

captain-hindsight-drunk-with-a-gun.jpg

if true that's going to piss on some chips.

Any news on Barkley mate? I got some really interesting ideas for him that I can't do on my football manager save. (We went to shit in the second season by the way).

These Evertonian taxi drivers should put their imagination to better effect and start writing fantasy novels about wizards, goblins and unicorns.

It is more believable that saying half the Liverpool team are smack heads, rapists, have 7 illegitimate kids, their wives getting shagged by gangsters and have Everton tattoos covered up.

Has it gone off because some ITK has posted 'Get in LFC' and people have assumed it's a signing when really it was Solanke scoring?
  • Upvote 1

Well for what it's worth, on Paddy Power Liverpool have gone from 5-4 to 1-7 on and Man City have gone from evens to 4-1.

Really not sure how I feel about this one. Definitely a very good defender but a huge price to be paying if the numbers being quoted are true.

Has it gone off because some ITK has posted a Get in LFC and people have assumed it's a signing when really it was Solanke scoring?

Now that Macca lad is also saying it's done.  Not that the ITKs haven't been wrong before but it's certainly a good sign that it's likely.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm off to youtube to rewatch some van Dijk highlights and delude myself into thinking we're going to be absolutely brilliant next season.  I'm not even joking, that's how much of a saddo I am.

• Upvote 3

Well for what it's worth, on Paddy Power Liverpool have gone from 5-4 to 1-7 on and Man City have gone from evens to 4-1.

Really not sure how I feel about this one. Definitely a very good defender but a huge price to be paying if the numbers being quoted are true.

It only needs 50p each way in those markets to change the betting though doesn't it?

Now that Macca lad is also saying it's done.  Not that the ITKs haven't been wrong before but it's certainly a good sign that it's likely.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm off to youtube to rewatch some van Dijk highlights and delude myself into thinking we're going to be absolutely brilliant next season.  I'm not even joking, that's how much of a saddo I am.

Macca is as reliable as the English weather.