You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Im finding the insistence that we are in for him, fighting for his signature, through the press, really strange.

Im uncomfortable with that.

If we dont get him, which could be the case, it would make us look like everton, before they became royal blue mersey billionaires.

Im finding the insistence that we are in for him, fighting for his signature, through the press, really strange.

If we dont get him, which could be the case, it would make us look like everton, before they became royal blue mersey billionaires.

When he signs for City. We can expect to move onto Koulibaly or someone of similar standing, right?

Ha, some chance. Weve heard the line too many times before. Tried our best, theres money available for the right player, honestly there is.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

What about the hundreds of other players we're linked to?

The biggest mistake we make is thinking that the situation is unique to us, it isn't, it happens all the time to evey club nobody really cares apart from a few rival blerts on other forums for an hour or two.

What about the hundreds of other players we're linked to?

The biggest mistake we make is thinking that the situation is unique to us, it isn't, it happens all the time to evey club nobody really cares apart from a few rival blerts on other forums for an hour or two.

No idea how you can compare the hundreds of inocous links made to us with vvd, were clearly in for him. One thing we know for a fact since Fsg arrived (because numerous players, clubs, representatives have stated) is that we are a joke trying to negotiate and often low-ball and move the goal posts usually over money.

• Upvote 2

No idea how you can compare the hundreds of inocous links made to us with vvd, were clearly in for him. One thing we know for a fact since Fsg arrived (because numerous players, clubs, representatives have stated) is that we are a joke trying to negotiate and often low-ball and move the goal posts usually over money.

If you'd listened to the press earlier in the year we were definetly in for Joe Hart. I think we are interested in VVD, outside of the everything else is speculation.

Again, if that was unique to us I may be more concerned but given it happens all the time on both sides of the table it's hard to say we're the worst.

• Upvote 1

The problem I have with this transfer is the wages that he is going to be on. Fee less so as that's the way transfer fees have gone sadly in the past 2 years.

£200k p/w for a defender is a dangerous way to go. Offer him £150k max and tell him that's all he's getting. If he wants £200k p/w then he can fuck off to City.

Every player is going to asking for a new contract, quite rightly.

Look at the Can situation? He should be getting what he wants.

I'd walk away from it and get someone else in because of the above.

Thats how i see it too mate.

Its all in the press.

Just sign players, do what is necessary. We are in for VVD and Naby Keita, in a 3 way race for VVD, although i dont see Chelsea and Man City putting out 'wide of the mark' bullshit in the press.

Keita. Interest declared, nothing signed, really good player. Anyone else who has the cash and desire to get the deal done can now come and pull our new shorts down in public and give us another everton moment. Heck, his club can just say no!

We really need to get a move on before that juggernaut that is Everton start to stretch their considerable wealth around. I think it's one of the reasons the top teams have tried to get their players in early, especially city who will be Everton's main rival next season along with Chelsea. 

We may be arguing if this or that player is really worth the prices being reported, just wait until Everton slam the cash down on the table and walk away with many of the top targets this summer. 

Lack of Champions League football will not be an issue with them being able to blow everyone out of the water with wages, a new stadium and at least four trips to Dubai during the season while other clubs are distracted with cup competitions. . 

• Upvote 1

I'd happily pay £60m for a very good centre half. We lost so many points last season due to defensive fuck ups. A great defender can be as valuable as a great striker.

Southampton got more points per game in the 16 matches after his injury than they did in the 22 before it. Losing him doesn't seem to have done Celtic much harm either. Imagine how much impact a £60m striker would have at those clubs.

From the Ross Barkley thread on GOT.

GerryandthePaceMerchants

Player Valuation: £500k

Presented without anything other than anecdotal evidence, something I'd certainly not start a thread over, but...

My cousin, a top blue who works as a taxi driver, has a colleague who claims he picked up his dad, Peter, leaving the Hilton after meeting with Klopp's number 2 (the long haired freak who looks like something off "The Burbs") and a translator but wouldn't disclose what it was about.

Again presented as nothing other than rumour and conjecture but it seems very specific to be a "X buying a house in Formby" style transfer rumour. I have no more information as it's all he would tell me. I'll brace myself for the usual hilarious comments.

No ta to Barkley but the top blue taxi driver reference is great.

From the Ross Barkley thread on GOT.

No ta to Barkley but the top blue taxi driver reference is great.

Yeah, because the Reds would send Buvac and an interpreter to do their tapping up of players. Fucking hell, taxi drivers eh?