You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Just guessing but I would imagine it's to do with player demands. If the fee is relatively low the player plus agent will probably make outrageous demands to ensure the player goes to the club that gives the best contract.

English clubs seem to have a tighter wage structure (or so it seems). Just a guess.

The season Atletico Madrid won the league they had a lower wage bill than relegated QPR.

Didn't QPR sell loads of players as they couldn't afford the wages or am I thinking of another club? I'm sure that's when brown envelope man was there stuffing agents pockets so their wage structure didn't exist.

Didn't QPR sell loads of players as they couldn't afford the wages or am I thinking of another club? I'm sure that's when brown envelope man was there stuffing agents pockets so their wage structure didn't exist.

Same shit crippled Pompey. They had the likes of James, Campbell, Johnson, Diarra, muntari, defoe, crouch.... Have you seen.fratton park ? Madness

They were a home for Premier League rejects. They had the likes of Barton and Wright Phillips on ridiculous wages.

And, yes, there were shenanigans a foot. Think the BBC did a documentary on them.

Whatever... @cloggypop, is he as good as he looks or is this game a one-off?

He's a 20 year old CB. Some poor play today, also two world class recovering tackles. He's been pretty good this season and if we were interested we'd find ourselves behind Barcelona and Chelsea amongst others.

Where the fuck is Yaya Banana ?

Tieleman has signed for Monaco for €23m

Too bad we didn't sign the pair of them, plus Rodriguez from Madrid.

Then when they put a passing move together we could say:

"James to Tielemans, Tielemans, Banana"

• Upvote 5

He's a 20 year old CB. Some poor play today, also two world class recovering tackles. He's been pretty good this season and if we were interested we'd find ourselves behind Barcelona and Chelsea amongst others.

Thought he looked really good. Really backed himself.. Has some serious pace too.

ARdja, can you do us a favour and promise you're not going to go "full Heaton" on this Sanchez bloke?

Hahaha. That's unfair. I never said or thought Heaton was brilliant. He was just better than what we had and would've been available. Now that Mig's ace, I've changed my mind.

His making, looked like Loren on a bad day. But with pace

I'd be less inclined to describe them as world class then.

IF he's known for making recovery tackles and a high percentage of those recovery tackles are self inflicted then it suggests he's bad at defending but relies on pace and power to get him out of problems.

Not that, given his age, he couldn't (if that was the case) improve the fundementals but it has a whiff of the Micah Richards about it at the moment.

Too bad we didn't sign the pair of them, plus Rodriguez from Madrid.

Then when they put a passing move together we could say:

"James to Tielemans, Tielemans, Banana"

"Dele, Coman, Redondo, Poom!"

OK, the quality is dropping a tad towards the end.

Davidson Sanchez please.

Don't think I've ever agreed with aRdja on a single transfer target.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that most of the targets he suggests I would rather see lit on fire than in a red shirt.  Loves Defoe, Heaton, Hart, Maguire, etc. but thinks Sakho, Firmino and Alderweireld are rubbish.

So this is making me seriously question my previously high opinion of the potential of Davinson Sanchez.  Very seriously.

• Upvote 2

Don't think I've ever agreed with aRdja on a single transfer target. In fact, I would go so far as to say that most of the targets he suggests I would rather see lit on fire than in a red shirt. Loves Defoe, Heaton, Hart, Maguire, etc. but thinks Sakho, Firmino and Alderweireld are rubbish.

So this is making me seriously question my previously high opinion of the potential of Davinson Sanchez. Very seriously.

Listening on the radio, he seemed to be getting a torrid time from rashford.