You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Real Madrid have agreed to sign 16-year-old forward Vinicius Junior from Flamengo for a reported £38m.

I put that in the thread it belongs in

'Shitness of modern football'

2 fucking first team appearances

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen Casillas play in years. I hope he's still got it, because I do like him personally and this club desperately needs players with experience of winning shit.

Would be a great signing on a free. A true legend of the game on and off the pitch. As you say he is a winner and we need those characters in the squad.

Have to be fair to Mig though - he's gone from a fella i would have personally driven through a warzone to get him out of the club to someone who is playing well and deserving of being in the team. I would love if our budget stretched to a world class keeper but Mig and Iker would be decentish going into next season with Karius getting a loan to get him used to the league and get game time.

• Upvote 3

Signing Casillas makes sense. Doubt he'll be the 1st team keeper though. But if old Manninger is leaving us this summer we'll need another backup keeper; Casillas will fit the bill perfectly.

Rafa always used to bang on about mentality, something our current squad is sadly lacking in imo. Signing Casillas, whether he plays or not, would go a hell of a long way to addressing that.

The lad is a winner, he knows exactly what it takes and what is demanded to win. On a free, replacing Alex fucking Manninger ?!! No brainer city.

Mr Casillas, you've won three champions leagues, world goalkeeper of the year five times and you've played for the biggest club in the world. But have you played against Grimsby Town on a cold rainy Tuesday with the smell of asbestos in the air?

• Upvote 2

For those that have high expectations, yes.

For those of us who expect more of the same as last time we qualified for the CL, not so much.

Its like reading Great Expectations in May and reading Misery in July

It's rumoured that Defoe is going to earn as much as £130,000 per week at Bournemouth.

Good for him, bad for football.

If we aren't planning on signing a big name striker we could do a lot worse than having him in our ranks. 

I haven't seen Casillas play in years. I hope he's still got it, because I do like him personally and this club desperately needs players with experience of winning shit.

Speaking of Iker Casillas, I see he fucking hates TLW forum legend RobbieOR. Not sure if Robbie banged his missus or what.