You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Mbappe:

“I will make a choice based on my sporting career, and my career is first and foremost, and I am at an age where I need to play, and that will be paramount.

“I’m not 35 or 36, an age where I have to manage [my body], I still have everything to learn, this year was discovery, and now comes the most important step: Confirmation.

“And I will be the sole decision-maker, and I will not go anywhere where I will be forced to go.”

Odegaard made the same statements about doing whats best for his progression and needing to play and decided to act on that by signing for Real Madrid.
  • Upvote 1

He is a different player to Gini. He might score more goals but his work rate isnt close to Gini. He had his chance in a big pond amd failed

Dont think he failed at Spurs, couldnt really say Wiljnaldum has succeeded either. As pointed out- if reports are correct- certainly not worth those wages 

I'd say on the whole Wijaldum has been a success

Looked a bit tired the past few months as has half the squad though. But early on he kept possession well,worked his arse off and was hard to knock off the ball.

Scored the winner vs City

Equaliser in the Chelsea 1-1

Sealed the game 3-1 Arsenal

Equaliser in a 2-1 win over Burnley

Then the Boro goal.

I'd say on the whole Wijaldum has been a success

Looked a bit tired the past few months as has half the squad though. But early on he kept possession well,worked his arse off and was hard to knock off the ball.

Scored the winner vs City

Equaliser in the Chelsea 1-1

Sealed the game 3-1 Arsenal

Equaliser in a 2-1 win over Burnley

Then the Boro goal.

Yep, his important goals are the reason I'd say he goes from borderline to just creep into the "success" category

A lot of links from Spain and Portugal saying we have signed Iker Casillas to a pre contract deal

Iker Casillas has reportedly signed a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool, according to AS.

The 36-year-old Spain star is believed to be leaving Porto this summer after two years in Portugal. He signed a two year deal in July 2015 with the option of another 12-months, but he has decided to move on.

Casillas, who has been capped 167 times, has offers from Liverpool, Turkey, China and Qatar, according to the Spanish daily.

However, they report claims the former Real Madrid man, who has won the Champions League three times, has penned a pre-contract agreement with Jurgen Klopp’s men as he looks for at least one more season at the top level.

Casillas would bring great experience to Liverpool, having amassed a record 175 appearances in the Champions League as well as winning the World Cup with Spain.

Klopp is believed to be looking to add another goalkeeper to his squad after Loris Karius was signed last summer. Karius started the season as the Reds’ No 1 but lost his place to Simon Mignolet, whose form was good as LIverpool finished the season in the top four.

Klopp is believed to be looking for a keeper to come straight into the first-team to challenge Mignolet and help develop 23-year-old Karius and Casillas would be a huge coup, despite his age.

Hope his ma thinks we are good enough for her son to play for. She slagged Porto off saying they were a bunch of nomarks when he signed for them.

Some lad on my Facebook claims that an ITK said that Naby Keita has signed for us already. 26 million rising to 31 million. Yep I know it's probably a massive blag.

Will be interesting to see who leaves Real this summer, the next bunch of very good players are getting a bit old to stay at Castilla now.  There'll be plenty of the usual loans to La Liga sides, but a few big moves (plus a couple of squad players) surely moving as well.

One to look out for will be Mariano, could well be a proper goalscorer given games. Reckon he'd go a bit Adama Traore over here though.