You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I've seen all of them, on TV, so it's a limited opinion! Of the names I mentioned I've only seen Werner a couple of times, but he reminded me a bit of Harry Kane. I can't put my finger on it and say THIS is what he can do (like you could with a young Owen or Fowler, for example) but he seemed fast enough, and technical enough, and young enough, that I think he could have a big future.

As for VVD, there's so much interest in him that I think the price goes up and up and up. We might be better with a Tah, or a Keane. Time will tell what we do.

I just don't think that Tah is the natural alternative to van Dijk, assuming he is the target, given his relatively young age, inexperience and lack of playing time if people want someone to step in and make the defence better straight away.

He has the name (like alot of young players who generate buzz) but is he ready and do his performances warrant it?

Guest Pistonbroke

Him and Lovren in a partnership would be the comedy duo of the decade.

How do you know? Plus Tah, if he was a target, wouldn't be replacing Matip, he'd be replacing Lovren. 

How do you know? Plus Tah, if he was a target, wouldn't be replacing Matip, he'd be replacing Lovren. 

Because I think he's crap. Seen him get buried by strikers too many times. He is only 21 and could become something, but right now he's not for us. 

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Because I think he's crap. Seen him get buried by strikers too many times. He is only 21 and could become something, but right now he's not for us. 

I doubt you have actually seen him that much then. But hey ho, keep talking bollocks. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I have. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's bollocks. You don't have to get offended because I don't rate a player you rate. 

Anybody who watched him play regularly would know the lad is talented and going places, he has had an injury plagued season missing a block of 13 games on the trot, but has still been solid enough when played. You said he was crap, but then you went on to say he could be something etc. I'll stand by my comment that you haven't seen as much of him as you are letting on.  

Anybody who watched him play regularly would know the lad is talented and going places, he has had an injury plagued season missing a block of 13 games on the trot, but has still been solid enough when played. You said he was crap, but then you went on to say he could be something etc. I'll stand by my comment that you haven't seen as much of him as you are letting on.  

That wasn't a contradiction. He's 6"4 and athletic. You can see why people think he's got potential. I can't rule out that he might actually sprout a brain one of these days and become a top defender. That being said, at the age of 21, I don't think he's very good and as a result, I wouldn't spend big money on him, especially as we would probably be best served in buying an experienced defender with many references at the highest level. 

Guest Pistonbroke

That wasn't a contradiction. He's 6"4 and athletic. You can see why people think he's got potential. I can't rule out that he might actually sprout a brain one of these days and become a top defender. That being said, at the age of 21, I don't think he's very good and as a result, I wouldn't spend big money on him, especially as we would probably be best served in buying an experienced defender with many references at the highest level. 

You've hardly watched him, have you? If you want to carry on, then let us know what games you watched him in against and how you thought he was crap/not good enough. Careful though, I've watched highlights/many full games of every Bundesliga game this season. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yellow stickers?

Nope, got one of those boxes with the white squares, no sticky shit on them, thank fuck. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I want a Manc defender to score Ajax's third goal, be funny as fuck if Danny Blind was to score it with a cracking own goal.