You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Another young player Chelsea is fucking over. Looked every bit as good as Alli in the England youth teams.

Another Chelsea player I would definitely try get a bid in for is Christensen. I much prefer him to Tah. Can't see them selling to us though.

We couldn't go wrong with the pair of them. These are the exact type of signings we should be targeting to save money. Nathan Ake is good as well.

We will not be getting Lacazette.

I certainly hope not.

The best thing about having detached and passive owners who don't want to buy players is that my 2017 Official Liverpool Calendar will stay current.

There's nothing worse than turning the page to July and finding a rubbish striker that no longer plays for the club and was replaced by somebody brilliant.

Thank you, FSG!

• Upvote 2

Another young player Chelsea is fucking over. Looked every bit as good as Alli in the England youth teams.

Another Chelsea player I would definitely try get a bid in for is Christensen. I much prefer him to Tah. Can't see them selling to us though.

This is not really on the topic of our transfer window, but Chelsea are absolutely destroying some top young footballers at the moment.  All in the name of skirting FFP (any money you spend buying/paying youth players doesn't count against you, but when they are sold at age 18-22 you get to count the fees towards your FFP "income"), it's utterly ridiculous.

Christensen is one of the best young defenders in football, but he's far from the only Chelsea youngster I'd have at Liverpool.  I mentioned Tammy Abraham elsewhere, he's unbelievably good and he'll never get a chance there.  Also Loftus-Cheek as you note, and Ake who's just come back but he'll only sit on the bench.

They've already just about destroyed Jeremie Boga, still one of the only players I ever saw in youth football look better than Raheem Sterling.  Now 20 and doing nothing at Granada on loan.  And Lucas Piazon, one of Brazil's most exciting young players when he went there, now another member of their overpaid loan army.  Bamford gone down the same path.

It's disgusting, really.  Either the players get out early and then just end up a year or two behind in their development but still really good (a la Lukaku, or de Bruyne) or their careers are in tatters by the time they reach 22.  What an awful club.

• Upvote 3

Chelsea aren't holding a gun to the players heads, just offering a lot of money which they foolishly accept without a hope in hell of getting ahead of the numerous top class players in front of them.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

So, in other words, they're destroying top young players.

When a footballer's career can end with one injury, very few will refuse big bucks at a young age. There needs to be salary caps and limits on clubs stockpiling players.

• Upvote 2

When a footballer's career can end with one injury, very few will refuse big bucks at a young age. There needs to be salary caps and limits on clubs stockpiling players.

There needs to be some sort of 'loan limit' specifically, so that these players understand that they're getting paid to watch from the Stands.

• Upvote 1

Ive never been envious of people earning huge wages, good luck to them I say. But, Ive said many times the Loan scheme is abused by clubs like chelsea and to a degree us. I dont think we can argue we're ok because we send young lads out on loan for experience when essentially that's what chelsea do but in greater numbers.

Clubs should only be allowed to send a maximum 8 or 10 moanees out per season. That's an arbitrary number Im throwing out there but in my opinion, it needs to be a small number to stop clubs stockpiling players and loaning them out.

• Upvote 1

Ive never been envious of people earning huge wages, good luck to them I say. But, Ive said many times the Loan scheme is abused by clubs like chelsea and to a degree us. I dont think we can argue we're ok because we send young lads out on loan for experience when essentially that's what chelsea do but in greater numbers.

Clubs should only be allowed to send a maximum 8 or 10 moanees out per season. That's an arbitrary number Im throwing out there but in my opinion, it needs to be a small number to stop clubs stockpiling players and loaning them out.

Tottaly agree with you, they should cap the limit the same as a club can loan in.

• Upvote 1

Tottaly agree with you, they should cap the limit the same as a club can loan in.

Would be a step in the right direction. But I reckon you'd just see loads of "permanent" transfers from Chelsea to League One / Championship clubs with super low buyback clauses and first refusal for Chelsea on any other club's bids. Similar to what Madrid did with Morata.

How big would you go for him (Kenneth Williams gif) Stig? Surely £30m + is too much. Still, why weren't we there last season? We were linked enough. I reckon if the fee wasn't set to be so high Klopp would be after exactly that profile of forward.

30 million is a fair price for him in this market. We should be getting it sorted now for the summer. Under the radar.

Celtic will (rightly) want a bidding war though.

FSG have handed me a stack of time back every day by systematically reducing the number of fucks I have to give about football, especially regarding who we may or may not sign, year on year.

Got to hand it to them, it's working out well for me in other areas, so thanks a million Jawn and Tawm.

This post was ghost-written by Nightcat.

• Upvote 3