You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Or.

Improved our attack.

Improved our midfield (and next year as well)

Improved full backs

Fuckes up defence for timebeing.

It can be spun in different ways mate. We've signed Hulls left back and an injury prone squad player from Arsenal. And we've swapped a back up striker.

Salah is obviously a good signing.

Agreed.

Still weak at both fullback positions having added Hull's left back for 8m quid.

Still have a collection of shit keepers.

Still have one centre back at the club good enough to play for a team that wants to reach the latter stages of the CL and challenge for the title (which I'm assuming at least Klopp wants, even if the owners don't care).

Added a bang average central midfielder to our collection of bang average central midfielders.

Bought a striker for the reserves.

Bought Salah. Excellent signing that improves the first team.

Just not good enough really. Top class centre back would take us up to a reasonable transfer window.

Common sense post

It can be spun in different ways mate. We've signed Hulls left back and an injury prone squad player from Arsenal. And we've swapped a back up striker.

Salah is obviously a good signing.

It can. We've signed a left back - whefe he came from is irrelevant. How he performs is all that matters and he did well when asked.

Biggest improvement to the full back positions is TAA being a year older, fuck all to do with FSG that one. On the other side Klopp had reintroduced Moreno which makes us fucking tonnes weaker every minute he's on the pitch.

What? That makes no sense at all!

I'm giving up and taking the kids swimming but if we haven't signed Lamar and VVD by the time I return, they won't be getting and dinner tonight.

Surely they won't let tittle children starve in the name of squad improvement?

Hope you dont have a cat!

I think it's well documented why it didnt get to that stage, dont you?

No, not really.

They reported us to the FA who said there was no further action needed and no evidence of wrongdoing.

Putting in an official bid through official channels after that can harm us in what way? Are they going to run back to the FA and report us for following the correct procedure?

Guest Alex_K

Mahrez as competition / depth for Salah and Mane would have been nice.

Expect the wheels to fall off again come Jan., or when we get a Mane injury. Sad.

Well, going to be an interesting season if that's it as far as transfers.

I think we have improved overall as a team but it still really doesn't make sense to me why there have been no alternative approaches to VVD.

I appreciate the efforts, Keita was a smart buy and I'm actually interested to see what Klopp can do with AOC, but that doesn't change the fact that we'll be in for another season of watching balls lofted right over Moreno's head and the defense in a panic as big Dejan turns like an oil tanker.