You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Here's what I've heard from a reliable source. I wasn't going to post it but fuck it...

Van Dijk is 100% coming for £73 million including add ons but Southampton want to wait until they've made a statement signing before it's announced. It's done, he's had his medical and all and he'll be on £140k a week.

Kopstar has hinted at that bit in bold on TIA, but gives the impression it's not a done deal.

Here’s what I’ll say about the whole thing. The most important transfer is VVD, by a mile. After that, Lamar is a luxury that hopefully we can afford. I’ll be disappointed if we spend big on AOC not because he can’t play or improve but because it’s a ridiculous financial dissue vision based on how much he provides and how injury prone he is and his contract.

For me, I’m waiting until there’s something more solid that a bunch of guessing and bullshit by journos and ITKs with lies and bullshit.

This

But will they have a player not wanting to play?

Possibly, but we're kind of in the same boat at the moment with Coutinho. I suppose it just comes down to whether both clubs want to run that risk. I'd suggest that Phil might come around to the idea more than VVD given he'll be playing CL footy

Here's what I've heard from a reliable source. I wasn't going to post it but fuck it...

Van Dijk is 100% coming for £73 million including add ons but Southampton want to wait until they've made a statement signing before it's announced. It's done, he's had his medical and all and he'll be on £140k a week.

Would be ace if it turned out he did actually have his medical yesterday and we indeed tracked his plane...! Haha!

So he was on that plane......

I love you.

Was his medical last night then? I wouldn't listen to most posters on the FF but you Dim are from a breed of poster I give the time of day too. In other words, I have a semi on. 

I support DimReaper FC, not Paulie Dangerously FC.

Not questionning you or your source, but was this the same person who used to give you lineups before a match and they were often wrong? Or am I thinking of another poster?

Chamberlain. Pick the fucker up for free don't blow £35mill + on him.

To be fair he wont be free, there will be a pretty big signing on fee.  Still a lot cheaper mind.  But we desperately need more players in midfield.  If either of gini, Can or Henderson get injured long term we're screwed.

Like wise he can play on the wings and has pace to burn so we can rest Mane/Salah when needed.

The deal makes sense, I'm just annoyed it looks like its him instead of Lemar.  We could do with both with the amount of fixtures coming up.

This has been shit today. No fun at all.

Tomorrow will be worse when the VVD stories start breaking, about how Southampton's stance is the same as ours with Coutinho...

A window where (in my opinion at least) we needed a dominant CB, another couple of Mane type players, a central midfielder and a striker. If we end up with Salah and AOC, I think it will have been disappointing (again).

Tomorrow will be worse when the VVD stories start breaking, about how Southampton's stance is the same as ours with Coutinho...

A window where (in my opinion at least) we needed a dominant CB, another couple of Mane type players, a central midfielder and a striker. If we end up with Salah and AOC, I think it will have been disappointing (again).

Do you mean at the same level? That would be impossible and the tight bastards would never fund it.