You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Good news - looks like pl is gonna move to the transfer window closing when the season starts.....but bad news the shitness of modern footy seems to have to kick in.

For some stupid reason the 'shutting' is only on buying - but you could sell to a foreign club - stupid fuckers....so a barcelona could come in and buy and you can't replace.

Moronic

Just make it straight forward - it shuts when season starts.

Xavi knows: 

When I was told that a Nice player was nicknamed the "African Xavi,” I followed him very closely. I watched matches and a ton of videos. I didn’t know him... and I was spellbound: I’m not used to seeing such a talent in midfield. Short passing, long passing, tactical intelligence, distance shooting, personality, organizing play, that last magic pass ... "madre mia!” He would do very well at Barça! He can play anywhere in the middle. Seri is fantastic. I can say, without hesitation, that he has what we call "Barça DNA.”

Come on Seri, you know it makes sense. No better stepping stone to Barca than us.

When do we get the 'Welcome to Liverpool, Seri' thread that goes to great lengths to convince that his signing is imminent and lasts as long as the window is open? I'm sure it will get to at least 30 pages long in that much time?

The riddle for me is he's acknowledging that he needs players to beef up the squad and in the same conference he's saying it won't solve the problem. So which one is it?

It was his round about way to say not every problem has a guaranteed solution, and getting defensive because people had little faith in in his ability to solve those problems eventually?

Look, this might have caused by cultural differences -- and people might as well have spoken in different languages. The English ever since the fuck-you TV money are used to throw money at problems (or having their sugardaddies throwing money at superstars) and expect them to be solved. Germans like Klopp are used to a more prudent approach -- that they're willing to work with what they had. Hence the stark contrast in reaction between Brendan Rodgers and Klopp to the fabled "Transfer committee" that riled many in this forum so much. 

• Upvote 2

Seri is class. He's similar to Verratti on the ball but has more end product. That he's short is a non-issue. The big towering oafs in Ligue 1 don't get near him and the ones in the Premier League wouldn't either.

so you're saying he's not signing for us?

When do we get the 'Welcome to Liverpool, Seri' thread that goes to great lengths to convince that his signing is imminent and lasts as long as the window is open? I'm sure it will get to at least 30 pages long in that much time?

I'm definitely negging the cunt who opens that thread before he's seen leaning at Melwood telling the offal how it's a dream come true as a boyhood lfc fan and doing scouse lingo tests. Yes, ardja, I'm looking at you. That other minuteman Paco seems to have gone amiss of late.

Seri is class. He's similar to Verratti on the ball but has more end product. That he's short is a non-issue. The big towering oafs in Ligue 1 don't get near him and the ones in the Premier League wouldn't either. 

I'm surprised you didn't say he's better than Xavi and Xabi Alonso combined.  

Klopp: "If for example, there is an offer for a player & I say ‘No’ and the owners say, ‘Yes, let’s ask for a number on how much they want.'

Klopp: "And I say, ‘I don’t want to hear it’. But they say ‘We want to hear it, £50m, £50 million is cool’. So then they sell the player."

Klopp: "If they (FSG) say they Barcelona will bid whatever and we (FSG) don’t want it then it is a clear message. We don’t want money."

"We want to invest in the team and have the best team because we have aims and dreams. That is the message."

Klopp: "We have time. Everything can happen. I’m not sure that they will happen. If I were sure, they will probably already be in."

Klopp: "If for example, there is an offer for a player & I say ‘No’ and the owners say, ‘Yes, let’s ask for a number on how much they want.'

Klopp: "And I say, ‘I don’t want to hear it’. But they say ‘We want to hear it, £50m, £50 million is cool’. So then they sell the player."

Klopp: "If they (FSG) say they Barcelona will bid whatever and we (FSG) don’t want it then it is a clear message. We don’t want money."

"We want to invest in the team and have the best team because we have aims and dreams. That is the message."

Klopp: "We have time. Everything can happen. I’m not sure that they will happen. If I were sure, they will probably already be in."

So players can be sold without Klopp's say so? I thought he had last word on transfers?

It was his round about way to say not every problem has a guaranteed solution, and getting defensive because people had little faith in in his ability to solve those problems eventually?

Look, this might have caused by cultural differences -- and people might as well have spoken in different languages. The English ever since the fuck-you TV money are used to throw money at problems (or having their sugardaddies throwing money at superstars) and expect them to be solved. Germans like Klopp are used to a more prudent approach -- that they're willing to work with what they had. Hence the stark contrast in reaction between Brendan Rodgers and Klopp to the fabled "Transfer committee" that riled many in this forum so much.

repped because even though what you have written is drivel, it's not the worst post on here today. I am gonna take a punt and say you are not English, either that or you are Simon and I claim my £5

That's because he isn't, you weirdo. But if you read a little earlier in the thread you'll will find that Xavi said some nice things about him. 

OK, which is more weird and ridiculous, saying Seri is "better than Veratti with more end production" or mocking you for that sort of hyperbole? 

I heard Klopp say in his latest conference that the squad is thin and he wants to sign players but that signing players isn't the answer to not conceding goals. It's on the training ground apparently. But who is on the training ground?

It's like they're speaking in riddles.

Q. What is it that says to itself, ‘You go this way, I’ll go that way, and we’ll meet on the other side?’

A. A loincloth.

Or in our case - Lovren and Matip at a corner and they'll meet together in 30 seconds at the centre circle.

OK, which is more weird and ridiculous, saying Seri is "better than Veratti with more end production" or mocking you for that sort of hyperbole? 

The only thing that's weird and ridiculous is that you're trying to post on an internet forum without knowing how to read.