You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Sanchez from Ajax and carvalho combined for fucking less than van dyke. what the fuck are we doing

I heard Klopp say in his latest conference that the squad is thin and he wants to sign players but that signing players isn't the answer to not conceding goals. It's on the training ground apparently. But who is on the training ground?

It's like they're speaking in riddles.

I heard Klopp say in his latest conference that the squad is thin and he wants to sign players but that signing players isn't the answer to not conceding goals. It's on the training ground apparently. But who is on the training ground?

It's like they're speaking in riddles.

C'mon, that wasn't a riddle. He meant the act of signing wouldn't solve any problems, only working on solving problems (on the training pitch) does. 

The subtext here is he's being a little stung by the criticism and took a whack at the magical thinking that signing new players would somehow solve our defensive deficiencies. 

C'mon, that wasn't a riddle. He meant the act of signing wouldn't solve any problems, only working on solving problems (on the training pitch) does. 

The subtext here is he's being a little stung by the criticism and took a whack at the magical thinking that signing new players would somehow solve our defensive deficiencies. 

And not signing players does solve the problem? The point is that the problem can and should be solved on the training ground (and it really should have been already) but he needs players on the training ground to help him solve those problems. 

The riddle for me is he's acknowledging that he needs players to beef up the squad and in the same conference he's saying it won't solve the problem. So which one is it?

Mbappe going PSG, Draxler left out of PSG squad, Liverpool wanted Draxler in Jan. You know what that means?

Welcome to LFC, Nathan Redmond

I'd love him to come here and I think he'd get plenty of games. I cannot understand why we have a squad with 4 back-up centre forwards (Origi, Sturridge, Solanke and Ings) and no quality replacements for Salah and Mane.

I'd be willing to bet signing better ones will help more than not signing better ones...

Xavi knows: 

When I was told that a Nice player was nicknamed the "African Xavi,” I followed him very closely. I watched matches and a ton of videos. I didn’t know him... and I was spellbound: I’m not used to seeing such a talent in midfield. Short passing, long passing, tactical intelligence, distance shooting, personality, organizing play, that last magic pass ... "madre mia!” He would do very well at Barça! He can play anywhere in the middle. Seri is fantastic. I can say, without hesitation, that he has what we call "Barça DNA.”

Come on Seri, you know it makes sense. No better stepping stone to Barca than us.

• Upvote 2