You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

To be fair, Klopp has said all along that he only wants to improve on what we already have, so if he really rates our midfield and central defence, it would make sense that the players he targets would be very expensive. He might very well think that if he can't get that caliber of player, that it isn't worth it to get anyone lesser.

Do you think that's the situation though? Klopp must be concerned about henderson injuries. He must be concerned about can not signing a new contract. He must be concerned about how little he was able to get lovren and matip on the pitch at the same time. He must be concerned last season our bench mostly looked like a kids birthday party day out, in a year without European football. And if he's not concerned, he's fucking mental and I don't believe he's mental.

I just don't understand the idea in the whole of world football, klopp can only think there's one midfielder and one centre half who can improve us? I'm all for the idea of improving the first XI in order to improve the squad, but we're not that good (or that free of injury), our forward line was wonderful at times last year, our play without the ball wasn't and we fell apart as soon as any of the front 3 were missing. If we really are down to 2 players we'd be willing to buy, all I can assume is our scouting has brought that many shit players the only 2 players Edwards and klopp agree on is Keita and VVD.

Do you think that's the situation though? Klopp must be concerned about henderson injuries. He must be concerned about can not signing a new contract. He must be concerned about how little he was able to get lovren and matip on the pitch at the same time. He must be concerned last season our bench mostly looked like a kids birthday party day out, in a year without European football. And if he's not concerned, he's fucking mental and I don't believe he's mental.

I just don't understand the idea in the whole of world football, klopp can only think there's one midfielder and one centre half who can improve us? I'm all for the idea of improving the first XI in order to improve the squad, but we're not that good (or that free of injury), our forward line was wonderful at times last year, our play without the ball wasn't and we fell apart as soon as any of the front 3 were missing. If we really are down to 2 players we'd be willing to buy, all I can assume is our scouting has brought that many shit players the only 2 players Edwards and klopp agree on is Keita and VVD.

I do. I think he really rates our starting 11 and is finding it difficult to come up with players that fit his system, are clearly better than what we have and that are worth the inflated fees we see being thrown around.

We probably could have thrown 30m at Michael Keane if he was so desperate in grabbing just anybody.

And I think we have improved depth to some extent. Signing a left back and winger means we essentially gain two midfielders because Milner and Coutinho can fill in. Solanke adds to the forward line and Origi and Firmino can then shift to the wing if need be. I don't really think that's good enough mind you, and I'd want to add 1 or 2 more players, but I think we have gotten deeper. 

• Upvote 1

I do. I think he really rates our starting 11 and is finding it difficult to come up with players that fit his system, are clearly better than what we have and that are worth the inflated fees we see being thrown around.

We probably could have thrown 30m at Michael Keane if he was so desperate in grabbing just anybody.

And I think we have improved depth to some extent. Signing a left back and winger means we essentially gain two midfielders because Milner and Coutinho can fill in. Solanke adds to the forward line and Origi and Firmino can then shift to the wing if need be. I don't really think that's good enough mind you, and I'd want to add 1 or 2 more players, but I think we have gotten deeper.

I disagree we are deeper. I think robertson isn't an option now and moreno is ahead of him. I will also be surprised if solanke immediately moves ahead of origi. And we've lost Lucas, who for good or bad needed to play 30+ time last season. Salah looks a good edition though. Considering how many games we will have with Europe and how much klopp has struggled when we've had 2 games a week, I would say we are much weaker considering the demands ahead than going into last season.

All you people dissing John and his life on the ocean waves, calling him a mingebag and such.

Do you know how expensive yacht varnish is ? It's like wood, very expensive nowadays and doesn't grow on trees.

If Liverpool get the commonwealth games and the bitters end up with a new stadium, expect the share price of wood care products to plummet.