You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Adam Lallana has welcomed reports linking Liverpool with the likes of Rafinha and Naby Keita – and insists the club needs the best to compete with the best.

The Reds have so far drawn a blank in their efforts to prise Keita from RB Leipzig – but Klopp may have more luck if he tries to prise Rafinha from Barcelona, amid claims a £35.7million bid is imminent.

And Lallana insists he does not feel threatened by the looming prospect of more competition for places at the club. Instead, he is relishing the chance to improve the squad.

“I want the best players to be linked with Liverpool and coming to Liverpool,” he said.

“If you are talking about it from a personal point of view, the pressure to get better and the competition for places is healthy. That is what we need.

“At times last year, our bench probably wasn’t as strong as we would have liked it to be. If we are going to achieve something, we are going to need a strong bench.”

Damn right, the bench would look a lot stronger with Mr Lallana on it and a top class midfielder in.
  • Upvote 1

I'd rather have Matic than Wijnaldum.

He's an excellent signing for them, but I'm not sure he's a Klopp type player. Strikes me more as a clever Didi Hamann first 100 yards in his head type.

A full season on, I still have no idea what to make of Wijnaldum. In fairness to him, he weighed in with some important goals and assists, but sometimes I completely forget that he's playing.

I'm not fussed about Matic but as a general point it's a bit shit how we won't sign any older players except for Rickie Lambert.   It cuts us out of the market for some good players and needlessly limits our options.  There's probably some decent value to be had for players in the 25-29 age range but we're never in for them. 

Jurgen Klopp remains adamant Philippe Coutinho will not be sold by Liverpool, despite Barcelona's confidence in signing the player.

Neymar is 90 per cent likely to leave Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain, Sky Sports News understands, and the Spanish giants believe Coutinho would find it difficult to turn down the opportunity to replace his Brazil team-mate at the Nou Camp.

Liverpool have already turned down a £72m bid from Barcelona for the 25-year-old - who signed a new five-year contract at Anfield with no release clause in January - and although the La Liga club are planning a second offer Klopp reiterated the forward is going nowhere.

Klopp said: "If you say he is not available to be sold, where is the interpretation? The word 'not' means there is no interpretation. There is nothing new."

Liverpool are ramping up their chase for Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, according to the Daily Mail.

The report suggests Saints are preparing for the Holland international's exit by bidding £12m for Lazio's Wesley Hoedt

So next year we will bid £70 million for Wesley Hoedt then!!

Liverpool are ramping up their chase for Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, according to the Daily Mail.

The report suggests Saints are preparing for the Holland international's exit by bidding £12m for Lazio's Wesley Hoedt

So next year we will bid £70 million for Wesley Hoedt then!!

We should offer Lazio £12,000,001 for him right now.

Jurgen Klopp remains adamant Philippe Coutinho will not be sold by Liverpool, despite Barcelona's confidence in signing the player.

Neymar is 90 per cent likely to leave Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain, Sky Sports News understands, and the Spanish giants believe Coutinho would find it difficult to turn down the opportunity to replace his Brazil team-mate at the Nou Camp.

Liverpool have already turned down a £72m bid from Barcelona for the 25-year-old - who signed a new five-year contract at Anfield with no release clause in January - and although the La Liga club are planning a second offer Klopp reiterated the forward is going nowhere.

Klopp said: "If you say he is not available to be sold, where is the interpretation? The word 'not' means there is no interpretation. There is nothing new."

Id keep quiet if I was Klopp given our current antics in the "player not for sale" market