You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Once again. I never said we did?

You can see why people like me get pissed off here mate - when you, and a few others just infer whatever you feel like from our posts? 4 times in the last pages I have had to answer points that I never made!

I'm not sticking up for FSG, far from it, but I do disagree with a fair bit of the shit that gets thrown their way.

Disagree away mate but you did infer in your post that getting to finals and losing and semi finals are a good thing. I just don't think so.

My opinion of FSG is based on what they say, do and their record of transfers and trophies.

You have every right to have a different opinion I just hope you are not too disappointed when history repeats itself.

Not being funny but I got FM17 mobile on friday for £2.99 and by Sunday evening I'd signed VVD and Ricardo Rodriguez for under £60m . I won the league, FA and League cups and signed Keita for £15m in the summer and Renato Sanches on a free season loan with an option to buy.

FSG are shit

Just read this and thought to myself that's a bargain, I'll be having some of that. It was only when I found it in the AppStore that I realised I bought it when it was on offer a while back and have since got bored and stopped playing it.

Fuck sake.

I think there's a misconception on here that people who are being negative about FSG & their piss poor record in the transfer market are somehow spending their summer wallowing in a bottomless pit of misery.

I can only speak for myself but I'm quite happy in my life at the moment, stick me in front of a Football forum & I'll say what I think about Football, which given the circumstances is fairly negative. As ROTOQ has said, this was the summer for kicking on & cementing our place in the top four potentially ahead of a title push. All we've had is hot fucking air along with an apology letter & one player to come in who will go straight into the first team when we needed three or four.

Clearly the forum in general will be a lot happier if we bring in two class new players in the next month & don't sell Coutinho, I just don't see it happening myself.

• Upvote 7

We need a striker right??.............

QPR manager Ian Holloway says defender Steven Caulker is "in a fantastic place" after he rejoined training with the Hoops' squad.

Caulker gave an interview to The Guardian in June in which he disclosed his own battle against mental illness and addiction, revealing he contemplated committing suicide while wrestling with his demons.

"I am delighted to have him back," Holloway said at a press conference on Monday. "That is a potential England centre-half again.

"Obviously it's not ideal for me because he's only just been training with me. It's been pretty well documented. His article in the newspaper was as open as I've ever seen any footballer.

"Part of me was really sad about that, part of me was pleased and proud of him to actually admit that and now he's in a fantastic place. He wants to come back and he wants to work and I can't believe I'm the lucky person who's going to work with him."

I think there's a misconception on here that people who are being negative about FSG & their piss poor record in the transfer market are somehow spending their summer wallowing in a bottomless pit of misery.

I can only speak for myself but I'm quite happy in my life at the moment, stick me in front of a Football forum & I'll say what I think about Football, which given the circumstances is fairly negative. As ROTOQ has said, this was the summer for kicking on & cementing our place in the top four potentially ahead of a title push. All we've had is hot fucking air along with an apology letter & one player to come in who will go straight into the first team when we needed three or four.

Clearly the forum in general will be a lot happier if we bring in two class new players in the next month & don't sell Coutinho, I just don't see it happening myself.

HAHA U NEED 2 GET LAID M8

• Upvote 1

Disagree away mate but you did infer in your post that getting to finals and losing and semi finals are a good thing. I just don't think so.

My opinion of FSG is based on what they say, do and their record of transfers and trophies.

You have every right to have a different opinion I just hope you are not too disappointed when history repeats itself.

I didn't mate - you did (that is why I used that word). You are one of many reading between the lines and applying your own opinion into posts. 

In the past 25 years we have had 5 trophy winning seasons. Equally the last 3 seasons we have had 2 finals, 3 semi finals - the league cup we have reached at least the semi for the past three! 

I offered no opinion on this. I did say I agree with his argument that we are not doing well enough. As I say, you and a few others are reading what you want from posts. 

I didn't mate - you did (that is why I used that word). You are one of many reading between the lines and applying your own opinion into posts.

I offered no opinion on this. I did say I agree with his argument that we are not doing well enough. As I say, you and a few others are reading what you want from posts.

No but you question the relevance of what others put in the previous paragraph? You know, the bit you didn't quote here, which led me to believe that you put some relevance on your next comment.

Not to worry though. You have your opinions, I have mine. I would gladly be proved wrong but I don't think I will unless our owners suddenly have a desire to be competitive

No but you question the relevance of what others put in the previous paragraph? You know, the bit you didn't quote here, which led me to believe that you put some relevance on your next comment.

Not to worry though. You have your opinions, I have mine. I would gladly be proved wrong but I don't think I will unless our owners suddenly have a desire to be competitive

As I say mate! 

But yep, spot on - we do have different opinions. And as you say, I believe most of you would love to be proven wrong. According to the Echo we spoke about Sanzhez but don't want him on loan! So, I think we are getting a couple more in. 

Just need to see whether they are good enough? 

So the season hasn't even kicked off yet and a couple of injuries have us scrambling.

How grimly predictable.

Oh come on! You are better than that - three players in one position! And yet we still have Milner, so no scrambling at all. 

Any club in this league loses three players in one position they will struggle! 

Oh come on! You are better than that - three players in one position! And yet we still have Milner, so no scrambling at all.

Any club in this league loses three players in one position they will struggle!

I think you're being generous. I think playing Gomez or TAA there is already scrambling to be honest. Both kids with potential. Not even decent backup with any experience.

I think you're being generous. I think playing Gomez or TAA there is already scrambling to be honest. Both kids with potential. Not even decent backup with any experience.

I like Gomez there! But i'd rather TAA got into midfielder as soon as possible as he is going to be a star. 

Either way compared to our central defence right back is fine, Klavan a natural born 4th/5th choice is currently a starter. 

This disregards everything Klopp is about. he doesnt use a scatter gun approach to players. He's not going to be like a kid in a sweetie shop where if his first choice isnt available, he going to dip in every bin to see what that particular sweet is like.

You calling Klopp a bin dipper?

You're right. Our threadbare squad didn't have Klopp scrambling to sign players this window. Are you saying our squad depth was't a problem last season, with less games?

No, Im saying the manager doesnt have the same opinion as you; that we're scrambling around. He also has a higher opinion of TAA than you. I'll go with Klopp's view.