You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Ah, so basically a nothing statement then. If the club deems identifying targets as "work that has been done" then good luck to us.

Yep, you are right - It was a bit of a nothing statement! I was the same - thought we'd sorted it, but apparently just agreed whom and what to target. 

I don't think so either.

I reckon we'll eventually get VVD and nobody else and cut our midfield cloth accordingly.

I don't think we will 'replace' Kieta but I can see another midfielder coming in - maybe someone on loan, or a different type of player. 

I think VVD will come as well - to be honest, he is the one we need! 

I thought we were not taking punts anymore now that we are back in the CL? and we can compete with anyone?

We need proven quality

That competing with anyone is a hicks and gillett quote isnt it?

And how do you buy proven quality if a club wont sell it?

exactly !! people blaming  FSG  but if a club wont sell a player we want then not alot anyone can do about it  

Its not a case of not buying prospects.

Dortmund want to loan him out,so why develop a player for them that is unlikely to be ready to do much for us

Kicker don't say anything about them wanting to loan him out. I was only talking about buying him of course.

It'll be hysterical fanny harvest time when we sign Shane Long for 50mil.

Mark my words.

Say what you want about Long and I know he's not worth the £50m we paid but he's a classic Kopp type of player and he'll do job until the market opens up more. I trust Klopp more than a bunch of Internet managers.

• Upvote 1

exactly !! people blaming FSG but if a club wont sell a player we want then not alot anyone can do about it

Buy a different player? Recognise the difficult task at hand and have a contingency plan? Strengthen another area of the team instead? Nope, there's only one centre back and one midfielder in the entire world whinge can buy so let's just move on.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it was Werner mate.

If the club won't sell, you make them a good offer to see if they change their minds. Going back years, I remember Keegan saying Andy Cole wasn't available, but the deal offered by the mancs made him available.

I know this isn't always possible so you move on to other proven quality

I'm sure it was Werner mate.

If the club won't sell, you make them a good offer to see if they change their minds. Going back years, I remember Keegan saying Andy Cole wasn't available, but the deal offered by the mancs made him available.

I know this isn't always possible so you move on to other proven quality

So you only make one good offer? What about 2 or 3? All this talk of a 'good offer' is bollocks. Offers start off low then build as the parties normally try and reach an agreement.

People seem to think footballers are priced like sweeties in a shop. I'll have him at £50m please! Except the sellers says fuck off, Im not interested or says Im not interested at that price.

And once again what happend if you move onto the next target and the club doesnt want to sell? I'll tell you what happens, this forum goes shit saying why dont we go back with a bigger bid?